2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're only seeing what you want to see. People are still being critical of Dwight... people on Niketalk.. people on Twitter.. the crew on Inside the NBA. No one is saying "Dwight had a great game" just because he's not in a Lakers jersey. They're still criticizing him.. don't look for a retroactive apology for being hard on the Lakers last year, it's not coming.

I know the media and some fans are still getting on him, but I was talking about the fanbase. Houston doesn't have the same expectations that the Lakers have, whether they're realistic or not. Big markets like that are tough to play in and it takes mentally tough players to succeed there not only because of the media, but because of the fans as well. I'm pretty sure that the Rocket fans are not going to criticize him nearly as much as he was criticized by Laker fans last year. That makes it more comfortable for him to keep dancing and laughing without feeling any type of way.

There y'all go with this narrative of, "Houston is just happy to be around, in L.A. everything matters so much more"

No one is giving Dwight a pass. He missed crucial free throws and it's unacceptable. Leaving Toyota center that's all people were saying.

The difference is no one here is going to jump off a cliff and pretend it's the end of the world.

This is NT, dont bring any of that logic and common sense in here

Kareem ******g abdul-jabbar offered Dwight a free lesson and declined. Says a lot about him. How the the hell could you decline such an offer from Kareem? Failed by the organization my ***.

This is NT, dont bring any of that logic and common sense in here

Kareem ******g abdul-jabbar offered Dwight a free lesson and declined. Says a lot about him. How the the hell could you decline such an offer from Kareem? Failed by the organization my ***.
he doesnt need kareem's help, he needs to follow the yellow brick road and ask the wizard for a brain, heart and some courage 

And stuff like that is where the dislike towards Dwight comes from. It was obvious last season he wasnt fully into it. From the subtle pouting from time to time to how his last game played out. I get it, he was injured and wasn't 100%. I can accept that. I can't accept the nonchalant attitude he came across with last season.

Kareem offered to help him, Nash offered to help him with free throws etc and he declined.

He wanted the fame that came with being a laker great without putting the hard work in to achieve it.

Like I said during the summer though. Unless he matures as a person (not out the question to happen) I'm very curious as to how his Houston tenure plays out after the whole honeymoon period wares off and the expectations that come with being the best rockets big man since Hakeem start to kick in.

Hey some of us are split on tanking vs. the 8th seed which is why I didn't include it :lol:

Taking in the NBA is dumb to me. More times then not the team with the worst record doesn't even end up with the #1 pick and even with a loaded draft like this nothing's guarantees.
It's not all about the first pick though. Plenty of franchise players have been drafted after #1.. Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Wade, Melo, Michael Jordan, etc etc

Tanking has worked out for a lot of teams.

Last edited:
It's not all about the first pick though. Plenty of franchise players have been drafted after #1.. Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Wade, Melo, Michael Jordan, etc etc

Spurs 97' says hi

Hey some of us are split on tanking vs. the 8th seed which is why I didn't include it :lol:

Taking in the NBA is dumb to me. More times then not the team with the worst record doesn't even end up with the #1 pick and even with a loaded draft like this nothing's guarantees.

Then you tank for the 2nd worst record.. :lol:

Tanking makes a hell of a lot more sense for franchises that can't attract big FAs. I'd rather be a bottom 4 team than be the 10th best team in my conference. Obviously, it's not a guarantee that being a bad team for a few years will yield quality picks and you'll be better off.. but that's when ownership, management, coaching, culture, all play a factor.

Hey some of us are split on tanking vs. the 8th seed which is why I didn't include it
laugh.gif
yeah but getting a 8th pick is better than losing in the first round and getting a 16th pick

maybe the 8th pick doesnt work out but there is still a higher chance that it will be a better player than the 16th pick

it did, Celtics didnt get the #1 pick for Oden so they traded it for Ray Allen and also got Garnett.

blessing in disguise

If the lakes didn't have Kobe then I could see the team considering tanking but does anyone really think Kobe will be on board with that.

If the team is naturally bad then whatever happens will play its course but I just can't see them intentionally tanking. That's something a small market team would do.

If the lakes didn't have Kobe then I could see the team considering tanking but does anyone really think Kobe will be on board with that.

If the team is naturally bad then whatever happens will play its course but I just can't see them intentionally tanking. That's something a small market team would do.
yeah i dont think intentional tanking and throwing games should ever happen but its more things like not doing all the little things that championship teams do that results in 4-5 extra losses for us. The 9th spot in the west is better than the 8th spot

it's like CP said, we don't have to intentionally tank, that'll take care of itself :lol:

Last edited:

How does a team tank though? Does it start with the front office? Players? Coaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom