2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey some of us are split on tanking vs. the 8th seed which is why I didn't include it :lol:

Taking in the NBA is dumb to me. More times then not the team with the worst record doesn't even end up with the #1 pick and even with a loaded draft like this nothing's guarantees.
It's not all about the first pick though. Plenty of franchise players have been drafted after #1.. Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Wade, Melo, Michael Jordan, etc etc

Tanking has worked out for a lot of teams.

it did, Celtics didnt get the #1 pick for Oden so they traded it for Ray Allen and also got Garnett.

blessing in disguise

Than ended up getting the #5 pick back. (Jeff Green) and teamed him up with Celtics.

but he was out a year due to the heart surgery.

KG was out Celtics 2nd year. (Celtics would've repeated.)

3rd year Celtics weren't talked about going to finals and made it.. than game 6 they Lose perkins. No bigs on court.. Bynum and Gasol ate on offensive rebounds. I think 16 or 20 something. Celtics were up 3-2. (celtics would've repeated.)

4th year Wade hurt rondo's elbow and heat advanced with 1 armed Rondo. Celtics traded for Green. Perk to OKC..

5th year loss of jeff green hurt. No bench. took Miami to gm 7. Ended up Losing with a no show ray allen and injured pierce who played hurt still. ray was also injured.

6th year Lost Rondo for the season.

7th year. Rebuilding around Rondo.

How does a team tank though? Does it start with the front office? Players? Coaches?

Id assume front office suggests ownership to get on board with the idea.

The players and coaches part though I don't get. Unless mike d'antoni is assured he'd keep his job, what does he stand to gain from intenrionally not putting the best lineups out there and not making effort to win.

Aside from Kobe and pau not every player on that team is guaranteed to be sought after or desired by any NBA team next offseason. What do they stand to gain from intentionally tanking.

If the team stinks then it stinks and the losing will come naturally. So far this season they beat 2 good teams and an average team and lost to 2 good teams and an average team. Its tough to really get an idea of who this laker team really is so far.

Dwight still gone Dwight with those silly dance moves in the pre game huddle. Big ole homie the clown lookin...

Perk greatness in gif form...

kendrick22.gif

:rolleyes :x :smh:

Julius F. Wrek

I want to see these same Laker fans in April :lol:

As a collective group on here we care about 2 things this year. Beating the Clippers and beating the Rockets.

Man what are some people even talking about in here :lol:

Everyone knows this team ain't ****, Laker fans included... like who the hell would actually bandwagon for this Lakers team and then jump off in April when things go bad? :lol:

We know they're bad, doesn't mean we can't celebrate some sweet victories over the Clips and Dwight.

Lakers can miss the playoffs, they can lose the next 3 to Houston... but the 3 over Dwight himself is a great moment regardless. :smokin Like Hybrid said I'm down for the team to go 10-72, beat the Rockets/Clips and lose everything else.

And while I'm at it, the whole "Laker fans are too hurt cause he left" thing is dumb too... when fans say they were indifferent, they mean it. Yeah a lot of people were singing a different tune last year but it's because he was SUPPOSED to be a star, SUPPOSED to be the best center in the game, if he's on your team isn't it natural to defend him? To hope that he becomes the player he's SUPPOSED to be? But we all saw Dwight last year, and what he really was. Some of the optimistic fans just didn't want to believe it until he actually left.

Last edited:
Man what are some people even talking about in here :lol:

Everyone knows this team ain't ****, Laker fans included... like who the hell would actually bandwagon for this Lakers team and then jump off in April when things go bad? :lol:

We know they're bad, doesn't mean we can't celebrate some sweet victories over the Clips and Dwight.

Lakers can miss the playoffs, they can lose the next 3 to Houston... but the 3 over Dwight himself is a great moment regardless. :smokin Like Hybrid said I'm down for the team to go 10-72, beat the Rockets/Clips and lose everything else.

And while I'm at it, the whole "Laker fans are too hurt cause he left" thing is dumb too... when fans say they were indifferent, they mean it. Yeah a lot of people were singing a different tune last year but it's because he was SUPPOSED to be a star, SUPPOSED to be the best center in the game, if he's on your team isn't it natural to defend him? To hope that he becomes the player he's SUPPOSED to be? But we all saw Dwight last year, and what he really was. Some of the optimistic fans just didn't want to believe it until he actually left.

nah leave logic and reason out of here...laker fans arent allowed to celebrate or have opinions.

for the record, i liked the trade for dwight but as the season wore on and the injuries/losses piled up, he turned into a petulant child, capped off with getting ejected in Game 4 vs the Spurs. Here's hoping everything is roses for dwight in houston, otherwise youll see it too.

Enjoy your future houston. The brightest spot is parsons

That ***** Dwight flat out suck man. Said it when he was on my team I'll say it now

That ***** Dwight flat out suck man. Said it when he was on my team I'll say it now

as poorly as he played offensively, he still held pau to 2 points on 1/10 shooting. hopefully the offensive game and ft shooting improves, but it's going to take a lot of work. his post moves are terrible, because he decides what he's going to do before he does it and isn't able to adjust depending on how the defense plays him.

as poorly as he played offensively, he still held pau to 2 points on 1/10 shooting. hopefully the offensive game and ft shooting improves, but it's going to take a lot of work. his post moves are terrible, because he decides what he's going to do before he does it and isn't able to adjust depending on how the defense plays him.
Right on the nose. Trolling aside dude needs to take this **** more serious. He makes Blake griffin look like hake em on the block. #cutblake80milliondollars

27pts & 14rbs 11-15fg 4/5ft, and the way he was talked about last night, you'd think he put up 5 & 3. The hate is crazy.

The Blake hate actually made me a fan of his, and maybe even a clipper fan now lol.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Didnt get to watch any games last night, but wow at that St3v3 Blak3 shot. Thats big time.

KENDRICK PERKINS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blake Griffin, Fantasy monster.

:rofl: :x Perkins...hell, everybody on Shaqtin a Fool. Enes Kanter's head almost exploded trying to figure out what to do with the ball

27pts & 14rbs 11-15fg 4/5ft, and the way he was talked about last night, you'd think he put up 5 & 3. The hate is crazy.

The Blake hate actually made me a fan of his, and maybe even a clipper fan now lol. :lol: :lol:

I don't get it either. It's like because he's not completely dominant all the time, they talk about him like he's not good, no matter what numbers he puts up. Can't remember another player that got the same kind of treatment from the media and fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom