2013 Academy Awards -- Picture: ARGO, Director: ANG LEE, Actress: JENNIFER LAWRENCE, Actor: Who else

What's gonna win Best Picture?

• Amour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argo

• Beasts of the Southern Wild

• Django Unchained

• Les Misérables

• Life of Pi

• Lincoln

• Silver Linings Playbook

• Zero Dark Thirty

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's like...I got 3 of these Oscar movies to watch that I want no parts of. Les Miserables, Amour and I only made it through half of Lincoln.

If it wasn't for Lincoln and Les Mis, I probably would've done the NT film awards thing again. :smh: :lol:

I could see maybe struggling with Lincoln at home... BBeing in the theater meant I couldn't do something else if it dragged.

Les Mis is fine. The songs are good enough to keep your interest. If not, just watch until Hathaway.

Last edited:
I really wanna watch Lincoln.... But I don't. But I do.

Argo I want to and I don't know why I haven't yet.

I have a hard time anyone put on a better portrayl of a character than Joaquin, who I've never been a big fan of. **** blew my mind

I'm not so sure about Jessica Chastain winning for Best Actress. She definitely deserves it because she put the whole damn movie on her back, But ZDT has lost way too much steam these last couple of months and I'm thinking it'll be one of the big snubs on Oscar night.

ZDT unfortunately has, but she has not.

It's a tight race between her and Lawrence but I think Chastain will win tomorrow.

It's like...I got 3 of these Oscar movies to watch that I want no parts of. Les Miserables, Amour and I only made it through half of Lincoln.

If it wasn't for Lincoln and Les Mis, I probably would've done the NT film awards thing again. :smh: :lol:

Out of those I feel like Amour is the must see. It's gut wrenching and hard subject to watch but it really is brilliant directing by Haneke and the two leads of Riva and Tringtaniant are amazing.

I could see maybe struggling with Lincoln at home... BBeing in the theater meant I couldn't do something else if it dragged.

Les Mis is fine. The songs are good enough to keep your interest. If not, just watch until Hathaway.
Lincoln sucked. I hated the experience watching it in theaters and it just felt so forced. Not a fan, will bore to tears.

I really wanna watch Lincoln.... But I don't. But I do.

Argo I want to and I don't know why I haven't yet.

I have a hard time anyone put on a better portrayl of a character than Joaquin, who I've never been a big fan of. **** blew my mind
I'm really looking forward to buying Argo and watching it again. I've been saying that since I saw it in theaters, it needs a second viewing in my mind.

and what you said about Joaquin...100% correct.

Lincoln was meh, as was Argo. I want django, but hey as long as those two don't win I could care less.

Last edited:
got work 6pm to 12am tomorrow, so I'm gonna miss the Oscars. Usually never miss it but eh, what can you do? Hopefully it's a good show. Hoping Silver Linings Playbook takes home Best Picture even though I voted for ZDT to win.. which is long shot because Bigelow isn't even nominated for Best Director.

Ok...so I watched everything nominated for the big awards. Not the docs, toons or technical stuff, though.

In a just world, Django would win.

My picks

Best Picture

Should win: Django Unchained

Will win: Argo

Could win: Silver Linings Playbook

Personally, I don't think it'll be an outrage if Lincoln  wins Best Picture. It won't be the worst thing the Oscars have ever done and I didn't "hate" it as much as a lot of people. Django  is too controversial to win, but it's the best.  Silver Linings Playbook  was my original pick before Argo  started racking up awards and I'd still love to see it win.

Best Actor

Should/Will:  Daniel Day-Lewis

This was DDL's award as soon as he was cast

Best Actress

Should win:  Jessica Chastain or Jennifer Lawrence

Will win: Jennifer Lawrence

Could win:  Emmanuelle Riva

As I said before, I'm immediately disappointed for either Chastain or Lawrence because both were phenomenal and they're my two favorite actresses. I've seen Riva as a dark horse as of late, and frankly I don't want her to win because either Chastain or Lawrence has to win. Chastain carried ZDT... both by design and by her performance. And if I was voting right after I saw her final scene, I'd give her the Oscar immediately. But Lawrence was a wrecking ball in SLP. From her first introduction she was the focal point in every scene she was in. Her emotional outbursts, her composure, her range, and her big scene with the family and going up against DeNiro blew me away. She's the winner

Best Supporting Actor

Should win:  All of them... other than Arkin. Toughest one to call for me. Waltz was perfect in his role, but DeNiro reminded us of why he's a living legend. Either one and I'm happy

Will win:  DeNiro

Could win: DeNiro, Waltz, or Jones

I kind of have a hard time picking Waltz because he was in the entire movie, probably had the most lines, and had a much larger presence than the other "Supporting" actors. I already switched the "will win" three times because I really have no idea. 

Best Supporting Actress

Should/Will win: Anne Hathaway 

Could win: Sally Field

It should be Hathaway and I'm shocked if it isn't. I have seen Field's name thrown around a lot and I don't really get it. She was solid, no doubt, but ehhh. And poor Amy Adams... I said it awhile ago but I have a feeling in 20 years we'll be looking at her career and say "She's bee nominated 11 times BUT SHE'S NEVER WON!" 

Best Adapted Screenplay:

Should win: Tony Kushner for Lincoln

Will win: Tony Kushner for Lincoln

Could win: Chris Terrio or Russell

Best Original Screenplay:

Should/Will:  Quentin Tarantino for Django Unchained

Best Director

Should: David O. Russell

Will: Steven Spielberg

Tarantino and Affleck being omitted (along with Bigelow I guess), means this should almost have an asterisk next to it. But I don't think Silver Linings Playbook would be anywhere near the same without Russell's directing. 

Fighting the urge to write a wall.

I started one of those and in-between did not happen. :lol:

I agree with all of those picks except Supporting Actor.
I think Phillip Seymour Hoffman should win for The Master

Whoop Goldberg made a good point about the number of Best Film nominees increasing but the number of Best Director noms staying the same. They should increase that too so there aren't any snubs.

Whoop Goldberg made a good point about the number of Best Film nominees increasing but the number of Best Director noms staying the same. They should increase that too so there aren't any snubs.

Yea..All it does it make snubs and fake pity nominees.

Won't be able to even watch the awards, going to the Nets game. I just want to see what they do for the 50th anniversary of James Bond. I was watching some of that 007 documentary on Netflix. I'll catch the replay.

I think the E channel has been doing a "red carpet" show for the last 5 hours.

I'm ready!

Amanda Seyfried looks terrible

Amy Adams looks stunning, Reese Witherspoon as well.

Almost positive the first time E! showed Jennifer Lawrence coming out of the car we saw her drop the F bomb as only she can!

Daniel Radcliffe said his two favorite films of the year were Argo and Django Unchained

Edit

Double

E is screwing up already. Lawrence said something to their "mani cam" and she put her face right up it talking trash to Emma Stone and it wasn't even plugged in.

And the thought of those two being friends gives me dirty thoughts.

Last edited:
That was amazing, anyone who has followed Joseph Gordon-Levitt's career knows how much he loves Dustin Hoffman. He just told Seacrest that Hoffman is one of his biggest inspirations...and he never met Hoffman before. They shook hands and JGL looked like a child meeting his hero all shy and scared.

Edit
Double

E is screwing up already. Lawrence said something to their "mani cam" and she put her face right up it talking trash to Emma Stone and it wasn't even plugged in.

And the thought of those two being friends gives me dirty thoughts.

Seacrest fired someone over that

tumblr_mir1i2IIsz1rqrnlao1_500.gif

tumblr_mir1i2IIsz1rqrnlao2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mir1vjDfm81qzoaqio1_500.jpg

Perfect woman is perfect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom