2013 Black/Gold Jordan 1 OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Plenty of garbage 1's have dropped". Real, lol.
AirUpHere23 is right. The 1s are undoubtedly the most bastardization of the AJ signature series. Sure there have been some memorable releases over the years (mostly OG colorways, '01 Japanese exclusive colorways, metallic OG colorways, Banned 1s, AJKOs), but let's not pretend JB didn't release a massive hoard of lousy colorways--I mean, just from 2007 alone, it was terrible.

@MsJenna - Almost all of my post applies to men's shoes only. I should have been more clear.... Cavs were the closest thing to a true QS in terms of availability by location. As in the stores, not retail companies but physical stores, that received them (FNL's flagship stores and specific, chosen NSW carrying FNL stores, but not everyones FNL that usually receives retros, for example). They released May 12, 2012 and we already knew about them and had pictures by mid February 2012. That info and those pictures were also announced with Men's shoes and GS shoes shown. The last two actual "QS" releases, as labeled by Nike, were the Corks and the Air Zoom Turf Jet 97's (in Challenge Red/Black) and neither were available in GS sizes.

If Nike, and not just the sneaker blogs, comes out and label these with a QS I'm sure it won't hurt anyone to look around for GS pairs, but there won't be any. The way they are labeled now, there should be some. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone quote your post and say there's no way you got the Royals off NDC because they didn't have them, because they may not look at your username and picture to know you are the one wearing the GS size (especially on mobile). Good luck with your pair, I think this sneaker is definitely a good casual look for the ladies.
Yeah I hear you. Thanks though. I'm hoping if they do release them in GS sizes NDC will carry them. The struggle to find those sizes somewhere else is real lol.

not a TRUE QS

last yrs AJKO(blk/red ....black toe....blue things) were QS

joints popped up overseas on thursday or friday & then we started seeing them the next week(tuesday/wed) when retailers started cracking boxes & didnt know what they were...didnt know they were coming.... but were instantly selling them

we have known about these too long to be a QS IMO

Last edited:
not a TRUE QS

last yrs AJKO(blk/red ....black toe....blue things) were QS

joints popped up overseas on thursday or friday & then we started seeing them the next week(tuesday/wed) when retailers started cracking boxes & didnt know what they were...didnt know they were coming.... but were instantly selling them

we have know about these too long to be a QS IMO

My thoughts exactly. These will be amongst the lines of the Knicks release probably.

^^ All these youngeters throw the "QS" term around like its the thing to do. Nike twitter especially. They think, limited...QS...cha-ching. (Sigh)

I don't think the QS term is the same anymore, especially concerning Jordan's.

Because the internet has word of just about every release and release date. Now just about every sneaker has a release date and it's pic is plastered all over the net.

The kicks that do just pop up are ones people aren't after.

As far as QS releases not having GS sizes, I know the Entourage dunk SBs last year had kid sizes and those were even labeled as QS on the box.

Last edited:
eek.gif
a pokemon card damb
laugh.gif
Haha random pic I found on NSB.

To the poster wanting GS sizes, and posts about quantities.... These are actually labeled a QuickStrike by Nike. If this were 5 yrs ago, we wouldn't know about these until the Thursday or Friday before release when someone's store got a shipment and opened it up to this Quickstrike. In this day and age, that doesn't happen. So knowing about a shoe a month out is about as close as they can get to a Quickstrike. For QS releases, there are no GS sizes and quantities are more limited than a limited release that is announced well ahead of time and not labeled "QS". So even though the Royals had very few pairs in the states, these should have even fewer and most likely won't be sold overseas. Top tier FNL's, HoH's, and Niketowns should have these in store in small quantities. Online, Eastbay should have small quantities of these. The NA retro 1's this year are releasing in limited numbers, but these are a QS on top of that. The most recent thing to a real quick strike we've really had were the Cav 4's. Those locations will most likely be the same that carry these, except for NDC at all, since they are not carrying NA retro 1's this year.

That's the information I'm using in regards to planning for these. Obviously they will be limited like all NA 1's this year, but you have to throw in the criteria for Nike to label a shoe a QS too. I'm hoping for the best but I'm going to be prepared for these to be a true QS release.
Hoping these won't have too much hype, but looks like now gonna have to camp at Roosevelt 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom