2013 Black/Gold Jordan 1 OG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes its interesting to go back and see what the perception was leading up to a release. Just picked a few that caught my eye in a quick search.

Page 20
FOOTACTIONS AND CHAMPS THAT GET QS WILL get em.....mom and pop brick and mortar spots thats been opened for years....the places that got the royal 1's are getting these ..

Page 22
good source said what ever amount a spot received on the royals is more than likely going to be the same on these

that footaction was remodeling when the royals dropped ....and its 6 + million in sales location and they are getting 24 

so take that with a grain of salt good luck hunting for those on the prowl...

check your local niketown on twitter 

cause i have a feeling next sat is gonna be a hassle 

Page 25.. Yikes

Page 38. One of my favorites.
Bro don't even worry about it just relax. I'm sure closer to release day stores will announce they'll have them online. Finishline did it with the royals

Page 41.
My friend who is a manager at HOH told me that only east cost HOH are getting these. 182 pairs are to be sold between all those locations.

Page 49
SNS, Queenz, Siva, and Offspring have told members that they will not have these.  FTL launch locator lists the NYC, Miami, and Chicago locations that will have these.  FTA has said ONLY the 34th st store in NYC will have these (raffle Wed and Thurs).  FNL has said they will not have these in store.  A member said Jimmy Jazz in NYC will have these, call your local Jimmy Jazz and let us know what they say.  The same member said Villas in Chicago should have these, call your local Villas and let us know what they say.  Shiekh's have not commented, call your local store and let us know.  DTLR has not commented, call them and let us know.  Hibbett's Sports will not have these.  ****'s Sporting Good's said they will not have these in store nor online.  Call your local WSS and Sports Authority to see if they will have these, and let us know.  Livestock has not commented whether they will have these in store or online, call your local Livestock in Canada, and let us know. 

NBA Store has said they will not have these online.  I would seriously call their NYC store if you live near there.  They had Royal's and could possibly have these in store.  They rarely announce that information until the Friday night before on twitter.  Call them and let us know.  NDC will not have these and most Niketowns have confirmed on twitter whether they will or will not have these (go look at your local stores twitter page).  Most will not.  FNL, Eastbay, FTL, FTA, and NDC have said they will not have these online.  Jimmy Jazz has said they will not have these online.  A Euro poster said that Niketown in the UK was the only place getting just a few pairs over there.  If you have a contact in the UK, call him up and see if he can check, and let us know.

I could go on all day, but if you have a question about ANY in-store release, you need to visit their website, visit their twitter, and call them.  Then type that stores name in the search bar and see what information you have that has not been shared yet.  If you have a question regarding online release locations, the answer is no :lol: .  Unless you are coming here to tell us of an online spot that you know of, you can assume the answer is no or use the search bar to see the same question asked multiple times followed by multiple No's.  If you think any OG CW of the 2013 Nike Air OG Retro 1 will be any different than the Royal's, you are mistaken.  If you think there is a Jordan shoe that was more limited to the public that released in stores this year than this one, you are mistaken.  If you think any 2013 NA OG retro 1 may release at NDC this year, you are mistaken.  Learn from the past which is now in it's third repeat cycle.  NA Retro 1 retro + colors will be limited but will have more pairs at more locations, ala Knicks and Celtics.  NA Retro 1 OG CW's will be very limited and be available at even fewer locations.  NA Retro 1 OG CW's that are QS's will be the most limited and will be at very few locations with very few pairs, and almost impossible for most of the country to get.

TLDR; these are not actually releasing, move on to the VIII's :D

Edit: UK info changed, thanks dubizzle!
^ the MOST helpful post in this entire thread was GrapeAPE's. Just the sheer fact that he mentioned NBA Store (Giving everyone in driving distance of NYC a shot - all you had to do was call the store :lol: ) should be enough but he went the extra miles and posted just about every single store... AN ENTIRE WEEK BEFORE RD. SMH at the users in here that attack this dude. Puts in the most work and he didn't even land a pair. Just helped guys like me and everyone else who copped. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Celtic ain't bad not just my color way. I'd wear for st patty day or I'm from Boston or the Celtic fan. But what sthebest did with it, looks great to me because I love that black and gold

I think ima call it an L...and move on

I offered $400 and is not enough appaerently... Plus market for my size is already dried up everywhere.

I'll take my cash somewhere else

Last edited:
I really do. I tried my best to like them and dug them when the initial pics surfaced. I was very underwhelmed when i saw them in person the first time. They would have been cool as a Jumpman branded pair but its a slap in the face for it to be one of the OG style 1s.to me, OG 1 colorways should be all about simplicity and these are too loud to fit in with the rest. Not to mention that this is the only OG 1 this year with the correct nylon tongue and the Nike Air on the insole facing the right way that it was on the 1985 and 1994 1s.
i see your point but i like em, and i saw em in person. Only thing dissuading me from copping is the celtic nickname being tht im a nets fan

I think ima call it an L...and move on

I offered $400 and is not enough appaerently... Plus market for my size is already dried up everywhere.

I'll take my cash somewhere else
happens to the best of us.

And custom is mad- serious skills- and looks better than released product

Last edited:
nice to see a bruh from Montclair got a pair..........probably one of the only people in the IE that has these.......congrats!
Thanks bro! I felt bad when unable to get the royals so I was determined for these lol glad everything worked out ok, Yeah a lot of cats in Cali are hurting over this one... 

What's a fair price for a size 11? I'm seeing prices all over the place. Anyone whose purchased these from a reseller care t chime in?

What's a fair price for a size 11? I'm seeing prices all over the place. Anyone whose purchased these from a reseller care t chime in?

From all the info on these with availability and limited quality I'd say $600 MAX. As ridiculous as it sounds for an Air Jordan 1 these will dry up quick and be impossible to find...especially when you got herbs buying these at $800+

I'm sorry but I've been around here since 2005 and I have never once cared how long someone has been on this damn website for the way that I treat them. I'm also sorry you couldn't get this shoe so now you're trying to paint up some knock off version. His view is not respected bc he has an old date next to his name. No one cares about that. I'm coming off in a manner that in not gonna argue with this guy about something myself and everyone else on here knows as fact. There is a 1985 black and gold patent leather Jordan 1. I could care less what you have to say. I have provided plenty of help and knowledge in this thread and these salty clowns wanna come in here after release and direct salt at members that have been in here this whole time. Lol at this is a hypebeast shoe. This is a classic to the Jordan SHOE LINE because of the awesome back story and mystery surrounding the OG secret release. Take your join date *** kissing elsewhere. Do you agree that there was never a patent leather black n gold jordan 1??

The painted pair doesn't look bad. The other difference is one is black leather and one is painted black. A custom is a CUSTOM design on an existing shoe. Painting a shoe to look like one that exists is a replica. Subtle difference doesn't make it a custom. That's like saying the white line showing around the edges and the white under the holes in the toe box are subtle differences you did on purpose, but they are just limitations of the shoe you are using to try and make it look like another.

And you must be out of your mind if you think my name has to do with some cartoon character I've never heard of. And of it did, what would that have to do with anything? What a stupid thing to say
well said. I just wish like every1 ekse that there would be more 2 go around

From all the info on these with availability and limited quality I'd say $600 MAX. As ridiculous as it sounds for an Air Jordan 1 these will dry up quick and be impossible to find...especially when you got herbs buying these at $800+
I paid less.. But I bought my pair from a reseller 2 days ago. Some advice (if you guys want it): a lot of these eBay (and almost all Craigslist) sellers don't know much about the limited availability. All they know is they won a raffle. After speaking with a few local resellers I found out they barely have much of an idea at this release. To drive the price down just start making things up, like; sell before restock / worldwide release, sell before the more popular black toes model comes out and your stuck with these..

Be persistent. At this point I've seen the same ads up for 5 days. Trust me... They're desperate to sell. They'd put that price tag on crimson 3s if those were won at a raffle. But some local sellers will point to eBay prices... If they're on CL they want cash.

Last night a guy from CL I was just asking one where he got from and what he wants.. He says $600. Within 2 min I had him down to $480 :lol: , I just made him feel like he was stuck with something and everyone that wants already bought, bigger release coming and that'll cut resale price in half, etc etc. Say you already have a pair and you know their worth.. Just looking for a second.

But again I think that while these are still in the hands of CL local twits that you have a really good chance to get in that $400 range. That won't last forever... I see banneds sell for $750+ a lot. I'm sure early on pairs were on CL. Now, almost every pair ends up on eBay and those sellers don't want to compromise.

Good luck if you are dealing with a local dealer. Ask someone in here for help on a LC.. Although I'm sure there aren't many fakes since the soles are difficult to duplicate. They are looking for cash fast!! Say you'll pay them right now xxx amount so they could stop dealing with lowballers and undervalued trade offers. Just my .02¢

http://www.finishline.com/store/pro...sketball-shoes/_/A-10292?productId=prod719043

celtics r back buy them and paint them all  
laugh.gif

@ Sthebest - Beautiful shoe bro. You have to admire someone who would put the time and creative energy into customizing something to look like another thing that appeals to them.

@Grape - I have to agree with you on the "hypebeast" thing. Not everyone, who buys every shoe, that has fanfare associated with it, is "hypebeasting."  The thought is kind of ridiculous and smells peculiarly like "envy." It really is ok to want a shoe that a lot of other people want too, not because others want it, but because you happen to like it independent of its popularity to others. 

@NYStatenIsland - No one can duplicate huh? I may be your huckleberry. 

your point ? or do you need to answer  every thing  posted in this thread ,i get it you got two pairs i hope they restock this shoe so bad if not for everybody that missed out but to shut you up already  lol:lol:
You edited this to try and throw hurtful comments at me? :smh: what's the point?

I said that they are still in stores... Wtf does that have to do with real blk/gld 1s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom