2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Nothing against Florida but no way in hell are they the 2nd best team in the nation. Struggling to pull away against Bowling Green, coming back and eeking out a win over A&M, sloppy win against Vandy and a 14-6 win over LSU doesn't impress me that much (not that high on LSU either). I bet they have 2-3 losses by the end of the year.
They're headed in the right direction but I feel like 2 is massively overrated for them right now.

Their resume is better than everyone else in the top 10, sad to say

Oklahoma not eem that good

our team is good but we lack a consistent pass rush and running a spread offense without a mobile quarterback.

think we have the best secondary in the nation tho and the most underrated rb in DD Williams

I'm not saying Florida isn't a good team; personally I would put Oregon at 2 before Florida. I guess it's still early and UF hasn't lost so they are 2 by default. I just feel like by the eye test there are a lot of other teams out there that I feel would beat UF on a neutral site. I think they are getting too much hype for beating LSU when LSU isn't close to what they were last year.
I think they will definitely catch an L from 2 out of 3 of Georgia, USC-e, and FSU.

:lol:

S. Carolina - NOT as good as people thought, they were put up against a good team in LSU and got worked.
Georgia - I don't even take them seriously.
FSU - Lose to NC State, these are who you call National Title Pretenders, the Gators will beat them down good in Tally.

Their resume is better than everyone else in the top 10, sad to say

Of course it is, Alabama is good...but honestly, who have they played? :rolleyes

Sad to say, but another team is going to get screwed at the end of the year. This season would have been perfect for the new playoff system. I don't see any team going undefeated and it's going to be a logjam of one-loss teams.

South Carolina got worked by LSu? Perhaps we were watching two different games but the game I saw they lost by 2 off some terrible decisions from Shaw

They trying to set us up with that #2 BCS

USCeast will come ready to play on Sat. 

You fools talking about Bowling Green forgetting that was UF's 1st game. 

Two more SEC wins, ATL bound 
nthat.gif

Thanks Michigan (Dawson)

5* RB Derrick Green making the trip to Ann Arbor this weekend.... Hope the Wolverines put on a nice show for him because this team needs a stud RB moving forward... Hate going up against SEC teams for an out of state kid though... Never works out the way I hope.

South Carolina got worked by LSu? Perhaps we were watching two different games but the game I saw they lost by 2 off some terrible decisions from Shaw

Couldnt agree more.

And the reason we gave up so many rushing yards is because the defense, for the first time this season, finally got tired. Too many three-and-outs from Shaw and Co.

Everybody said LSU would take care of us and look what happened...
We will win out the rest of the season.

That's just a flat out lie.

Most talking heads picked Florida because the game was at home.

The Gators also have a bye week to prepare for LSU. And it showed.

And this is why the BCS is ******ed. Everybody has an argument that could be made but we leave it up to computers instead of playing it out on the field. Yeah, a four-team playoff is coming but not for another two years and let's be honest, there's gonna be heat with that too. It should be eight teams if you really wanna do it right.

And this is why the BCS is ******ed. Everybody has an argument that could be made but we leave it up to computers instead of playing it out on the field. Yeah, a four-team playoff is coming but not for another two years and let's be honest, there's gonna be heat with that too. It should be eight teams if you really wanna do it right.

Honestly though, there's really no point in getting too worked up about this first set rankings. It;s October, there's plenty of football to be played and potential pit falls for all these teams. As I understand it the SOS in the early BCS computer rankings is a factors in heavily

They trying to set us up with that #2 BCS

USCeast will come ready to play on Sat.

Not really a set up, just a proper response to the season so far.

USCe was going to come to play anyways so this doesn't really change much

Last edited:
The season is half way over. 6 down. 6 to go.

BCS rankings don't mean **** right now. Just an observation of what the teams have done, and then ranked accordingly.

The best teams are usually their at the end.

Ty Willingham Now Stanford W Golf Asst
Ty-Willingham-Golf.jpg

Tyrone Willingham is back at Stanford, where he enjoyed his most prolonged success. And he’s coaching again, too. But not in football.

After washing out as the head coach at both Notre Dame and Washington, Willingham is currently serving as a volunteer assistant coach for the Stanford women’s golf team. Reportedly, his role is to help the team members with the psychology of the game.

As acrimonious as Willingham’s departures from South Bend and Seattle were, chances are he still loves to coach. And he was an avid golfer and golf fan even when he was still a head coach.

While it’s bizarre to hear this is what he’s up to these days, the marriage of two of his favorite pastimes makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Newbs, Ive been told twice that DGreen will verbal to Tennessee after Bama game.

Damn... I was thinking Auburn would easily $nag him even with the bad season they are having... Thats weird since he will be in Ann Arbor when the Tenn/Bama game is going on.

Tyrone Willingham is back at Stanford, where he enjoyed his most prolonged success. And he’s coaching again, too. But not in football.

After washing out as the head coach at both Notre Dame and Washington, Willingham is currently serving as a volunteer assistant coach for the Stanford women’s golf team. Reportedly, his role is to help the team members with the psychology of the game.

As acrimonious as Willingham’s departures from South Bend and Seattle were, he apparently still loves to coach despite retiring in 2010 at the age of just 56. And he was an avid golfer and golf fan even when he was still a head coach.

While it’s bizarre to hear this is what he’s up to these days, the marriage of two of his favorite pastimes makes sense.

Here’s hoping his tenure with the Cardinal women’s golf team ends better than his last football head coaching job, an 0-12 season at Washington in 2008 that led to his firing.

[South Bend Tribune]

Ty-Willingham-Golf.jpg

As acrimonious as Willingham’s departures from South Bend and Seattle were, chances are he still loves to coach. And he was an avid golfer and golf fan even when he was still a head coach.

While it’s bizarre to hear this is what he’s up to these days, the marriage of two of his favorite pastimes makes a lot of sense.

Honestly though, there's really no point in getting too worked up about this first set rankings. It;s October, there's plenty of football to be played and potential pit falls for all these teams. As I understand it the SOS in the early BCS computer rankings is a factors in heavily
Not really a set up, just a proper response to the season so far.
USCe was going to come to play anyways so this doesn't really change much

Agreed that things don't matter now, just stating the obvious stupidity of the BCS

Back
Top Bottom