2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

It begins.....

FS Tray Matthews, DL John Taylor, DE James DeLoach & WR Uriah LeMay all arrested for theft by deception. The night before practice starts. 
indifferent.gif
#DawgsImpounded
#DawgsInJail
#DawgsKenneled

and so on and so forth.

Five * QB Josh Rosen commits to UCLA. Stunning.

Chris Trevino ‏@ChrisNTrevino 1m
Rosen brought out three hats. All UCLA hats @PTGazetteSports

:lol:

“I decided on UCLA a few months ago,” Rosen told us earlier. “I really fell in love with the coaching staff and everything about the school. I have a great relationship with (Head) Coach (Jim) Mora and (Quarterbacks Coach) Taylor Mazzone but I talk to every coach on the staff and I have a great comfort level with all of them.

“Coming from two Ivy League parents, education is big for me and UCLA has a great academic reputation as well. The campus is beautiful and I already know so many guys on the team or guys that are going there so I already feel a family atmosphere and chemistry with everyone.”

:pimp:

Last edited:
stanford fans are devastated.

where the hell did he get a nike ucla jersey?

Last edited:
Believe they've offered a couple '17 kids

Never too early these days esp when some of them complain about "XYZ didn't offer me early enough" or "XYZ offered me 1st"

Recruiting is getting more and more crazy w/ the offers

Last edited:
Looking like 4star DB Garrett Taylor will be announcing next Monday... The tea leaves make it sound like Michigan will be the choice... Kid is a long corner.

Believe they've offered a couple '17 kids

Never too early these days ESP when some of them complain about "XYZ didn't offer me early enough" or "XYZ offered me 1st"

Recruiting is getting more and more crazy w/ the offers

Is every state like that I feel like Florida is the worst

Looking like 4star DB Garrett Taylor will be announcing next Monday... The tea leaves make it sound like Michigan will be the choice... Kid is a long corner.

I probably have too much blind faith in Sam Webb as he's not always right but he seems pretty confident that this kid is blue. If Sam is confident, I like our chances. We'll see of course.

I also hope that kid from Bama ends up transferring to Michigan, given the Glasgow suspension I'd think he'd have a pretty good shot at starting.

Last edited:
@Th3RealF0lkBlu3s  any talk on the bruins forums about why Stanford, Alabama, Sarkisian never offered Rosen but offered Town?  USC and Stanford homers are ranting but I'm just curious what the real story may be.  All there is is talk about a bad attitude/coachability.  I feel like it has to be more with those guys thinking they already have their guys in place or about to come, but still.

Last edited:
I know Stanford didn't offer because of Rosen's attitude, which does exist. He's arrogant, thinks he's deserving of praise and expects to be treated like an elite QB (which he is, obviously). He was offered by USC but never thought of them seriously. I don't know what Alabama's deal is, likely because they knew Rosen had his eye on NorCal with Cal and Stanford. Also, Rosen's parents are Ivy League alums and Rosen is serious about going to a strong academic school.

Rosen had Cal as his favorite as late as last summer, then UCLA got into the mix after Cal's terrible season and Stanford refusing to give him the respect he felt he deserved. Once recrutiing for 2014 started to wind down it was clear that Rosen was all UCLA, recruiting for us by telling 2014 kids that he'd be there to throw to them after Hundley left.

Last edited:
Rosen got that courtesy offer from USC when Sarkisian came on board, CLK, didn't pursue him.

Felt disrespected by Stanford, that tells you all you need to know about the kid. :lol:

Rosen got that courtesy offer from USC when Sarkisian came on board, CLK, didn't pursue him.

Felt disrespected by Stanford, that tells you all you need to know about the kid. :lol:

Actually Sark never offered him. Report is Sark never even contacted him. I'm not sure if it was Orgeron who offered? But the SC writers have been making a big deal about Sark never even reaching out to him.

Don't know why it would be a big deal for Sark not offering him. Rosen was never going to USC given what his criteria was for the college he wanted.

Back
Top Bottom