2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

BklyJPUIcAAomcm.jpg

dumb :lol:

"The coach won't know exactly when we decide to make that happen, but they've got a good idea. Then we get to see just how damn good a recruiter he really is. I know one of our guys once stopped putting in big bucks, way more than what I do, just because a head coach cussed too much on the team plane. [The coach] was losing anyway, but because he took the Lord's name in vain, that guy was offended by his morality and stopped illegally paying college football players.

:lol: :lol:

This had to be Kiffin. :lol:

Not even gonna lie, If I had the dough I'd probably do it too.

Last edited:
Ok, I will pay attention to him now.

From what I know Bama is outfront and will push for a commitment from him

@usnikefootball: Shaping the future starts with honoring your history. @FSU_Football leads a new wave tomorrow.

Dun dun dunnnnn

Last edited:
There's 48 new jersey combinations for Miami including helmets. Which means were gonna have a new styled helmet. Probably gonna be the smoke one we've worn. I'm gonna he disappointed if The jerseys are just like the smoke ones from last year just with orange green and white

**** the God damn jersey's, go back to winning Titles, leave the laundry for wannabe's on the West Coast. :smh:

Minkah's next visit is to Bama lol

The author is Steven Godfrey, an Ole Miss alum.

He says he interviewed bagmen from multiple schools, but most of these quotes and info are coming from an Ole Miss guy. Ole Miss has a pretty extensive and organized underground "network," as described in this article.

#1 recruit at his position mentioned that they weren't going to get: Malachi Dupree

2nd recruit ("but they're doing the same thing to our guys right now in [rival school's town]. Cost of business."): Breeland Speaks being paid to visit LSU

The coach who cussed on the plane: Orgeron

The recuit who was being recorded asking for $70,000 - Chris Jones who plays at MSU. This story was shared to me by some of my coaching buddies in MS, who say John Hevesy (OL coach at MSU) tried to get Chris to call the OM bagmen while he was in the room so he could record the conversation.

tumblr_mvtlileBBC1r4atx9o2_400.gif

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:

Yeah we def need to let players unionize so they can get more money on the side of all the money they're already making on the side.
The point of unionizing, specifically why Northwestern and some other schools are thinking about it is for basic worker's comp and worker's rights. Health coverage for injuries sustained after you've left the team.  Coverage for CTE and other brain injuries that linger for the rest of your life.  Coverage for rehab you'll need for things like knee and back injuries.  Things they currently don't have. It's not just about getting money.

And even if it was just about getting money, so what?

But this argument's trite and everyone's made up their minds, so there's no point in always rehashing it.

Last edited:
I don't think unionizing is the answer. However the reason it's gotten to where that might be a possibility is the arrogance of the NCAA and refusal to compromise with their cash cows and money makers. You don't have to pay them but the lack of even willing to make some type of compromise is a bad look imo.

College sports is like a caste system to me. The majority aren't getting drafted, so they should maximize the free education, get a degree and be the big man on campus and smash as many yambz as possible. That's a win for them.

However the small percentage of for sure first round picks and guys that will get drafted regardless have some type of leverage. This goes for both college basketball and football.

I really can't knock a guy for going the Reggie Bush route and getting their piece of the pie if they see the university making money off selling their jersey, and all the other revenue they bring in. The fact a guy can't profit off his own name and image or get paid on his own free time to sign autographs or sign an endorsement deal is absurd, especially when you figure how networks market these guys for their big games and everything.

The small percentage who have the leverage to do it should just say screw you to the NCAA and get theirs on the side regardless if their breaking rules. If they get caught up, oh well, the university gets screwed, the university loses bowl games, the university gets hit with penalties while their long gone in the NFL. How much loyalty does a player who's going to be a first round pick regardless really owe the university who profits so much off of them?

In the NFL, if your an impact player, you can beat women, drive drunk multiple times, assault cops, do every drug under the son, and not pay child support etc but if you can play and help a team win your getting signed. A top 10 first round pick talent isn't going to get passed up on by a gm because he took some money on the side playing college football if he can help the team win. The NFL doesn't owe the NCAA a damn thing. Aside from losing the heisman, you think Reggie bush is losing sleep over all the trouble usc got into. I would love to see more players who have the leverage to do so go the Reggie Bush route and exploit a flawed system. If they get caught up the university is collateral damage.

It would never happen but it would be comedy for the best players on each bcs team to make a statement and refuse to play in their teams bowl game since their not getting paid and just say screw you, were getting drafted regardless. If we don't get paid to play in this game then we won't play.

Back
Top Bottom