2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Oregon
sick.gif

If only Chip hadn't given Mamba that suitcase of money
mean.gif
Heard this quite a bit, anything substantial to it?

DVR is loaded so I'll watch most of these games tomorrow and Monday. Just did a lot of scoreboard watching, still curious as to how they got there.

- Michigan/Bama - Must say I'm dissapointed. Knew Michigan was overhyped to be a top ten team at this point in Brady Hoke's tenure. Still thought they should of put up more of a fight. Why keep putting Denard out at QB? Not doing him any favors, his future isn't at QB anyway. Couldn't recruit a decent QB and move Denard to wideout? Still don't get that. It's holding Michigan back and it's not helping Denard's development.

- Clemson/Auburn - Looking forward to watching this one, even though there's no Sammy Watkins.

- Cal :lol:, that program is going downhill with no brakes.

- Oklahoma State putting 84 up, no damns given.

- Oregon helmets look awesome, rest of the uniform is garbage. Like a fat girl with a pretty face, such a waste. No offense to all the bro's that dig "thick" girls.

Quick Notes from the USC game:

- Socks and Cleats, :x, school ain't budging on the helmet, jerseys and pants so they threw the kids a bone. Silver and Cardinal :x, Socks :x. At least the gloves were tight. I'm not a parent, but I'm sure this feels like the time parents first let their kids dress themselves, just a disaster. Unfortunately, new generation and tradition do not mix.
- Barkley and Woods looked out of sync, probably has to do with Woods being held out of practices all spring and summer.
- Barkley and Lee were very synced.
- Lee is just dynamic, glad he was convinced to stay, since he was so close to committing elsewhere. Glad CLK budged on letting him play WR. :smh: I was one of those that wanted him at Safety.

- Morgan Breslin is a beast, like the kids motor, he just doesn't stop, since most of you don't know, he's #91 defensive end, JUCO transfer. He was impressive.

- Anthony Sarao stepping in for Lamar Dawson, defense didn't miss a beat.

- Minor mistakes, but game was a blowout from the get-go with that 75 yard TD on the first offensive play of the season. Felt more like a practice/scrimmage with the second unit getting an extensive look.

- OLine played well, didn't see much of the running game though.

- Packed house, campus was popping today. I'm pooped.

dr funk 13

TMkO.jpg

Sneak preview

:pimp:

A1vJv5rCYAEJ4_c.jpg

0415cef4f48211e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

Tonight's set
:pimp:

11511567-standard.jpg

11511566-standard.jpg

should look good under the lights

By the way, the helmet rule is sooo stupid. Guys are gonna be trying to rip people's helmets off just to get key players off field in key situations. It's gonna be abused, doing the opposite of its intended use. Bad idea by NCAA who is known for idiocy.

Slow the ***k down!

I'm catching up on all of the posts from yesterday and all I see is pics of Oregon unis, that was all within like 6 hours.

Kinda surprised there weren't any upsets week 1, ranked teams at least.

Clemson did way too much stupid **** yesterday but we got the W. 6 or 7 drops (at least on 3rd down), another 6 or 7 bad procedure penalties (at least 2 took away big plays/1st downs). I was surprised by our OL. Not great but they did their job for the most part.

Andre Ellington. :smokin

The worst part about yesterday was Denard getting dinged up, our best cornerback went out, and Taylor Lewan going out. I knew we'd be outmatched in that game but we can't afford injuries to key guys like that going forward.

- Michigan/Bama - Must say I'm dissapointed. Knew Michigan was overhyped to be a top ten team at this point in Brady Hoke's tenure. Still thought they should of put up more of a fight. Why keep putting Denard out at QB? Not doing him any favors, his future isn't at QB anyway. Couldn't recruit a decent QB and move Denard to wideout? Still don't get that. It's holding Michigan back and it's not helping Denard's development.

Denard playing QB gives this team the best shot at winning...He is a terrible passer but that Bama D is a beast.... Tom Brady couldn't have beat them with this offense surrounding him... No skill players worth much on this team... Who wants to come play when you know Denard is going to be the main runner and wont get you the ball if you are a WR??? And, who was out there for him in the last 2 classes for Hoke to get??? Don't even mention RR recruiting a decent QB because he put this team so far behind its scary...Morris is hopefully the answer but Hoke wants a guy who can manage a game and not help the other team out.... Something Denard does not know how to do... There is the double edged sword... I could go on and on about how this team is not near where Hoke wants it but seeing 12 True Frosh play last night alone could tell you that...

denard can't be throwing so many deep and intermediate balls. terrible idea/gameplan. agree that he's the best available option at Q...but last night they didn't play to his strengths at all

denard can't be throwing so many deep and intermediate balls. terrible idea/gameplan. agree that he's the best available option at Q...but last night they didn't play to his strengths at all

He sucks at throwing the football... He will never dissect a defense and those are the only throws he can attempt... His strengths are running the ball and if they were do to that last night he would have gotten killed...The sad thing is, his two backups are worse than he is... They need to get a beastly OL(hopefully that is coming with these past 2 classes) and a horse to tote the rock 30 times a game... Fitz will help so much but he wouldn't have done anything last night either... No one player on the planet would have helped Michigan out last night... They are not in Bamas, LSUs, USCs galaxy with the roster they have... But Hoke and his staff are recruiting their butts off to get them there.

But Hoke and his staff are recruiting their butts off to get them there.

as far as offense, are they recruiting guys for a more pro-style offense? or we going to keep going with this. i guess a better question, is hoke and his staff even capable of installing that style of play?

dr funk 13
Slow the ***k down!
I'm catching up on all of the posts from yesterday and all I see is pics of Oregon unis, that was all within like 6 hours.

I know. I even thought about it and how it might be too much. Kinda splurged I suppose. I'll be better next week :lol:

Just happy CFB is back...

Michigan hot trash

Dukkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :pimp: defense was looking like garbage tho

as far as offense, are they recruiting guys for a more pro-style offense? or we going to keep going with this. i guess a better question, is hoke and his staff even capable of installing that style of play?
If it's any indication about Hoke's thought, Shane Morris (consensus top-20 overall) is a pro-style QB.

YES.
Dee was in their jerseys last night and I had questions about him.
Yes, sir. Dee was hyped from the first defensive snap. Love his pro potential as a CB or S. First-round talent when eligible. It's amazing how well-coached defensive players are under Saban and Smart. Knack for flying to the football and wrapping up.

dr funk 13
Slow the ***k down!

I know. I even thought about it and how it might be too much. Kinda splurged I suppose. I'll be better next week :lol:

Just happy CFB is back...

It's alright. Y'all have a great squad, the jersey/helmet/cleats thing is cool and all but it seems kind of cheap to me when that becomes as much of a focus as the game itself. BTW, I thought they were alright, not the best combo you've had but the facemasks and helmet were interesting.

Michigan hot trash

Dukkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :pimp: defense was looking like garbage tho
Duke is legit. One of the dudes that works for our Rivals site asked the board who'd be the ACC Freshman of the Year and he was my pick.

UTEP snatched defeat from the jaws of victory last night :lol: :smh:

Ellington and Gio both putting their bid in for best RB in the ACC :pimp:

Todd Gurley and TJ Yeldon though :x :x :x :x

Yes, sir. Dee was hyped from the first defensive snap. Love his pro potential as a CB or S. First-round talent when eligible. It's amazing how well-coached defensive players are under Saban and Smart. Knack for flying to the football and wrapping up.

I'm pretty sure he is eligible to leave this year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom