2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

I cant believe Denard kept trying Dee... I thought 2 guys were wearing his jersey last night... Dude was all over... On to Air Force... I do not envy Notre Dames next 7 games... Good luck

I know it was just Marshall but West Virginia looked damn good yesterday. WVU has become the team to beat in the Big 12 in my opinion. Texas still has some things to work out. OU looked very beatable. Since Broyles went down last season, Landry Jones has been a completely different QB. Outside of USC, Alabama, and Oregon I dont know if there any other really dominant teams out there this season.

I know it was just Marshall but West Virginia looked damn good yesterday. WVU has become the team to beat in the Big 12 in my opinion. Texas still has some things to work out. OU looked very beatable. Since Broyles went down last season, Landry Jones has been a completely different QB. Outside of USC, Alabama, and Oregon I dont know if there any other really dominant teams out there this season.
OU and LSU round out my top-5. Georgia on the fringe. South Carolina and Arkansas without outside shots to crack the top-5, if everything goes right. Unlikely, I know.

Texas is not elite at this point in their program's juncture. Think you're sleeping on the Sooners a bit, even with their WR and O-line concerns. Of course there's looming worry about Stoops in big games. Blake Bell can play if Landry struggles or gets hurt.

I only see Bama in the clear cut elite class. USC is in there but let's not forget their untested defense. That's the one "weak" link. Oregon's fast-paced style and aggressive offense is hard to game-plan against, but how would Chip's offense really fare against a Bama or LSU defense? Honey Badger loss obviously cripples the Bayou Bengals a bit, new QB as well.

1. Bama
2. USC
3. West V
4. LSU
5. UGA.
Man, you guys lovin' WVU. Let's see if Smith and Austin perform like they did against Marshall for a full season. No doubt Dana knows how to put points on the board.

For me:
1) Bama
2) USC
3) Oregon
4) LSU
5) OU
6) UGA

Are y'all just stating your top 5-6 teams or who you think could be considered dominant this season like Trelvis brought up?

I just don't see how UGA, OU, South Carolina or Arkansas fit in that group yet, gotta see how most look against legit competition because aside from Bama beating my Maize & Blue ( :frown: ), everyone in the top 10 played teams that they should dominate.

Even FSU & WVU are on that bubble right now.

Last edited:
OU top 5? Why?

If you totally take pre season rankings out of your head explain how could a team who looked like crap and barely beat UTEP be anywhere near top 10?

Gunna's Power Rankings

1. Bama
  2. USC
  3. Oregon
  4. Clemson
  5. LSU
  6. Mich St
  7. FSU
  8. WVU
  9. Arkansas
  10. UGA
  11. K-State
  12. Ohio State
  13. Utah
  14. South carolina
  15. Okie State

5 on Deck:
Oklahoma, Ohio, Nebraska, Florida, Tennessee, Virginia

Just browsing r/cfb...

Auburn_Clemson_Football_77211_game.jpg

ejD21.jpg

Ks5MR.jpg

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

qxaM1.jpg

648347790.jpg

jTyu5.jpg

KLqT8.jpg

090212_Ohio_State_1554673c.jpg

2012-September-1-16-27-27.jpg

xlarge.jpg

GxG59.jpg

PG88X.jpg

20120901_jla_ai8_347_extra_large.jpg

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

ibnzkYbv4KbFFw.gif

LeBron JamesVerified@KingJames

Duke Johnson is the truth out there for the U! True freshman. #speedkills

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/53185/

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

One game isn't going to make-or-break my view on OU. Their lack of WR depth and O-line concern is well-documented, but I'm not betting against Stoops and Landry in the regular season. Stills and Metoyer should be enough to get the job done. We all know Bob disappears in big games, but this is the regular season we're discussing. Blake Bell is another weapon, in the red-zone and running the football. I like Whaley's game.

I'm not a top-7 believer in WVU just yet. Texas is relatively weak in comparison to usual Longhorn standards. Once (if) they get past K-State on the 22nd, ND is the next stepping stone I'm worried about. Besides that, OU is my Big 12 Champion.

I believe in FSU cracking the top-5 potentially if everything rolls their way, also Buckeyes very possibly breaking the top-10 by season's end.

Clemson at #4? Care to explain. Gritty win against Auburn, sure. Ellington looked strong. I see them dropping two out of three at Tally and 10/20 (Va. Tech) or 11/24 (South Carolina). Probably the latter.

cool but right now they played a tough team and they won.

Im not projecting or predicting how the season is going to go.

Im ranking teams performances in each game.

OU Looked like crap and they have Glaring holes. Landry Jones has been bad for 6 straight games, its not a fluke its what he is.

Did Fitzgerald say why he benched Colter?

OU top 5? Why?

If you totally take pre season rankings out of your head explain how could a team who looked like crap and barely beat UTEP be anywhere near top 10?

Gunna's Power Rankings

1. Bama
  2. USC
  3. Oregon
  4. Clemson
  5. LSU
  6. Mich St
  7. FSU
  8. WVU
  9. Arkansas
  10. UGA
  11. K-State
  12. Ohio State
  13. Utah
  14. South carolina
  15. Okie State

5 on Deck:
Oklahoma, Ohio, Nebraska, Florida, Tennessee, Virginia
Obviously I'd like to see that and once again, it's one game, but I feel more confident in our OL but our defense might be a bigger issue plus there's not a lot of depth there, mostly in the secondary. I think we're probably a lot like last year's team but we need to avoid those letdown games & losing streaks aka pulling a Clemson.

We'll know more about teams like FSU--Clemson when they face each other in a few weeks, just like UGA-SCar.

USC & Oregon don't really play anyone but each other, right?

Utah will be tough just like last year. Jordan Wynn's shoulder will be the difference. if its healthy this year he could make things very interesting. if its still weak, he wont be able to make throws.

and Stanford and Washington have a long way to go.

Obviously I'd like to see that and once again, it's one game, but I feel more confident in our OL but our defense might be a bigger issue plus there's not a lot of depth there, mostly in the secondary. I think we're probably a lot like last year's team but we need to avoid those letdown games & losing streaks aka pulling a Clemson.
We'll know more about teams like FSU--Clemson when they face each other in a few weeks, just like UGA-SCar.
USC & Oregon don't really play anyone but each other, right?
USC: Washington, Arizona, ND, Utah.
Oregon: Washington, Arizona.

May have been just me but I thought the 1-AA had a pretty strong day yesterday. IDK if that says that those schools are getting better talent or there is just some poor coaching going on in the 1-A level. Maybe a little of both.

Wisconsin & Iowa really struggled. Pitt :smh:

Also big congrats to Texas State on their 1st win as a 1-A school.

OBrien is a scrub. Been a scrub. changing teams wont hide that

Houston Cougars and Pitt SMH

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom