2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

eek.gif
@ all those empty seats
Except the national championship game, that's been the case for bowl season as a whole. The Capital One Bowl posted its lowest attendance in the last 24 years with the Nebraska/UGA game. That was the fourth consecutive year of low attendance for that bowl game. Attendance overall is down across the nation for college fball. People don't have money to blow like that for one game, travel and lodging. The ones that usually attend these games are doing much better than your average fan.

Why are the commentators shocked that Louisville is confident? The media gives the Big East too much crap without actually watching the on field product. Its not the best, but they come out every week and hit just like everyone else.

other then louisville and rugters who does that statement apply to for big east teams?

and you really think sean Mcdonough who rides the big east any chance he gets doesnt watch big east football?

Why are the commentators shocked that Louisville is confident? The media gives the Big East too much crap without actually watching the on field product. Its not the best, but they come out every week and hit just like everyone else.

other then louisville and rugters who does that statement apply to for big east teams?

and you really think sean Mcdonough who rides the big east any chance he gets doesnt watch big east football?
Syracuse played solid ball as did Cincy. Rutgers was the most overrated of the four. If it wasn't for their defense they wouldn't have finished tied as a co champ. I know everyone hates the Big East, but can they get some credit?

McDonough is a Cuse basketball homer. That's it.

Last edited:
look at his list
USC
ND
UW
UCLA
bama

all those schools took DT last year and this year and have players coming back on the DL. so you really think PT or another DT coming in has him looking around?

Don't think he leaves SoCal, and if he does it will be to ND.

...it really depends on how kids look at the depth chart, some see a Freshman or Sophomore in a starting spot and think that spot is locked up, despite the coaches saying it's an "open competition". If the spot is about to be vacated, they see it as having a shot even though an upperclassmen is in their depth chart.

I'll give you an example:

This is what coaches/fans see in terms of a depth chart:

Notre Dame

DE Lewis- Moore, Sr
DE Day, Fr

DE Tuitt, So
DE Springman, So

NT Nix, Jr
NT Schwenke, Jr

What a recruit sees:

DE Opening
DE Day, Fr

DE Tuitt, So (Will go pro after 2013)
DE Springman, So

NT Nix, Jr (Will go pro after 2013)
NT Schwenke, Jr (Will be gone after 2013)

As opposed to USC which has a lot of young depth on the DL, unfortunately it lacks experience.

Tarean Folston Verbally committed to ND.
Him and Bryant in the backfield Nice!

was hype about this when i heard it earlier today.. can't wait to see both of them in the backfield..

Trying to go to the Army All American bowl game on Saturday.. check out some of these future ND players in person... Jaylon Smith, Greg Bryant, Corey Robinson, Vanderdoes, etc..

Tarean Folston Verbally committed to ND.
Him and Bryant in the backfield Nice!

was hype about this when i heard it earlier today.. can't wait to see both of them in the backfield..

Trying to go to the Army All American bowl game on Saturday.. check out some of these future ND players in person... Jaylon Smith, Greg Bryant, Corey Robinson, Vanderdoes, etc..

Can't wait to see all this enthusiasm after the title game.

Syracuse played solid ball as did Cincy. Rutgers was the most overrated of the four. If it wasn't for their defense they wouldn't have finished tied as a co champ. I know everyone hates the Big East, but can they get some credit?

McDonough is a Cuse basketball homer. That's it.

Eh screw it. Just go handle business in the ACC. Represent the dying Big East.

Hopefully my Bearcats land somewhere.

0 SEC teams have shown their dominating speed and defense during this bowl season. They are playing real offenses. Naturally Bama is playing ND with a crappy offense. A&M exposed Bama using the spread.

Shout out to Louisville for their performance so far.

Last edited:
:lol: after what dre said yesterday, i can't help but feel they woulda done this to fsu too.

where the hell is that uf homer??????

Back
Top Bottom