2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

I don't get how Chip Kelly is an NFL candidate. Not that he's not a good coach but can he coach a different style of offense?

You know that's not only offense he knows how to run right he caters his offense around his personnel

Belicheck is running the same tempo with a pro style offense

Awwww yeah
ReggieNorthrupDance.gif

Last edited:
It hurts man. It hurts deep. No clue what happened. Teddy B. just had his way with us. It's like we had 2 different teams out there. The defense that would get back to back sacks one drive and then continuously lose their man the next. Or the offense that scored a touchdown in under 3 minutes at the end of the 1st half but then keep making stupid penalties and losing yards. How did our O-line play so poorly?? Special teams would cost us 30 yards in penalties one play and then return a punt for 100 yards! The **** was going on out there? None of it makes sense to me. I wasn't even that shocked. Just like with Georgia, whenever I expect us to completely crush an opponent., we lay an egg :x I expect all positions to be open in the Spring. Let these young guys and incoming freshman get their chance because after what happened yesterday, nobody's spot should be secure. Congrats to Louisville and coach Strong

Overall, very good bowl season for the Big East. 3-1 with the lone loss coming in OT and Pitt still having yet to play. It was a solid conference all year. Good to see Louisville repped last night. Has to sting for Florida fans that the same school ended their basketball and football season in one year.

Last edited:
I don't get how Chip Kelly is an NFL candidate. Not that he's not a good coach but can he coach a different style of offense?

But he runs predominantly a run-based option offense.

Don't know if you've been paying attention the NFL lately but these run-option schemes with Cam Newton, RG3, etc have been killing it and that's exactly what teams are looking for.

Yea but it's not like they're running read-option as theyre base offense, they just sprinkle it in there.

Anyone see this? VERY classy move by Kitchens.

A Florida player stays to sing his final alma mater of the season all by himself
By Graham Watson | Dr. Saturday – 2 hours 53 minutes ago

A_qQC6oCQAA2Cuo.jpg

At the end of Florida victories, the team usually sticks around to sing the alma mater with the band.

But after Wednesday’s embarrassing 33-23 loss to Louisville in the Sugar Bowl, most Florida players couldn’t get off the field fast enough while others went to find their friends and family in the stands.

But one player stayed to sing his last fight song of the season.

Rest of Article in Link

Doug Marrone's NFL talks couldn't have come at a worse time for recruiting especially for Downstate NY where we and Clemson are the final choices for the state's only AA.

mobile.syracuse.com/advsyra/pm_29246/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=Asoe8hS2#incart_river

But he runs predominantly a run-based option offense.

Don't know if you've been paying attention the NFL lately but these run-option schemes with Cam Newton, RG3, etc have been killing it and that's exactly what teams are looking for.

Your exactly right...Kelly's offense is predicated on the run & he gives his QB the green light to pass if they see something. Kelly's fast-paced offense, with a run-first mentality could work very well in the NFL.

He's also taken marginal QBs & had a high rate of success with them. Like you mention, the Skins have had success with this type of offense & so have the 9ers. Shoot even Bill Belichick has modified his offense to fit some of Kelly's style into this season.

I didn't think Kelly would do well but I've changed my mind. He does need to team with a front office that can build the kind of team Kelly would like to run though...

Back
Top Bottom