2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

MSU fans laughing @ Denard when they watched Maxwell's performance vs Boise St lol
Wilson suspended four games by NCAA
Submitted by jpg on 09/03/2012 - 14:22
Bookmark and Share
Tags: ACC Now | State Now | C.J. Wilson | N.C. State | NCAA suspension

N.C. State senior cornerback C.J. Wilson will serve a four-game academic suspension from the NCAA, Wolfpack coach Tom O'Brien said Monday.

Wilson, a three-year starter, did not pass enough credit hours in the spring semester, O'Brien said. Wilson graduated in Dec. 2011 but under NCAA rules, needed to take 12 hours in the spring and pass six. Wilson did not meet the NCAA standard, O'Brien said.

"He put himself in a hole and had some family issues and thought he could save himself and he didn't," O'Brien said.

Wilson completed 12 credit hours, with a 3.4 grade point average, over two summer sessions, O'Brien said, which helped him re-gain his eligibility for the final eight regular-season games of the 2012 season.

"The NCAA said we'll give you four games instead of a year suspension because of the fact that he was a graduate ... and he had extenuating circumstances during the semester," O'Brien said. "He came back and demonstrated to them that he would be serious going forward."

Wilson has started 29 games in his career and has three interceptions, all returned for touchdowns, and 95 tackles. He will be eligible to return for N.C. State's trip to Miami on Sept. 29. N.C. State plays at Connecticut on Saturday.

Last edited:
Do people really honestly think Logan Thomas is a NFL quarterback?
The Spirit of Reggie Ball came thru like Stinkmeaner... ******g ridiculous play by Washington. what a Dumb *** play. ******g Moron.
sick.gif
mean.gif
i sure as hell dont. said it last year and all offseason, dude sucks

That was a horrid pass by Washington.

Just let GT play Navy ever Saturday and air it in every retirement home. Bound to put them to sleep

The thing NFL scouts will see with Logan Thomas is a load of potential....I think its lazy for people to compare him to Cam Newton, as in my eyes the only things similar between them are they are big black QB's...Logan Thomas is probably around 6-6 260 with a cannon for an arm...but he can't read a defense and is not accurate....for those paying attention to his play it was very rare for him to actually go through progressions, and hit his 2nd or 3rd read on a play...in my eyes if he woulda stayed @ TE, he would be a First Rounder...but hey I'm just a regular cat that likes football

Dre: Blessing in disguise for Rio and Casher? I like both to be honest.
Can't take this Logan Thomas debate seriously. Waits for someone to over-hype him as the next Cam purely based on body type.

Blessing im not sure....I believe MEJ came into camp, in not the greatest shape ever, and Casher is still very raw...the concern in my eyes isn't the dropoff from BJ to Tank, but from Tank to Newberry to Casher, and Edwards

these people on ESPN and the guys calling the game on sat night are driving me crazy with not being able to say Mariota's last name right. :smh: lol

Oh, and UNC opened as like an 8pt favorite over Wake....I suggest any and everyone hop on that before the line expands

Logan Thomas is an NFL QB - for sure. 1st round pick, meh. Some team will reach tho. If Oakland had a pick (and if Al Davis was alive), he'd be their guy. Thomas fits the mold as a typical Raiders1st round reach LOL.

when has Al Davis ever reached on a QB in the 1st round who isnt accurate and can not complete a pass past his 1st option?

It pains me to say, but Logan Thomas is good. He's going to end up as a first rounder. He doesn't have a whole lot of talent around him right now.

Logan doesnt have talent around him? ridiculous...

he isnt accurate, he doesnt read defenses. his 2nd option is always a badly thrown incompletion.

what does he do that makes you consider him a 1st round NFL QB ?

Crowell got shut down but scored on a short run. he also got ear holed on an interception.

Da'rick caught a TD in limited action.

Last edited:
Word, will search out highlites, if there are any available.

Making my way through the games I DVR'd while being away this weekend.

I watched NCSU v. Tenn yesterday and the way those guys were swinging off Glennon's nuts you would have thought he was going to win the Heisman, even after some of the boneheaded plays he made. The difference between he and Bray was obvious.

Still got 3 more games to make it through. Watched 1st half of Florida v. Bowling Green, Muschamp probably would offer Driskel and Brisset for Max Schilz straight up.

my body is too ready for TAMU florida on saturday. will be in attendance. the environment is gonna be crazy, and i think the aggies have a fair shot and pulling the W

"GUNNA GET IT"
what does he do that makes you consider him a 1st round NFL QB ?

6-5 260?

Jamarcus was a #1 pick, much less a first rounder. Culpepper, Cam. All those size guys, no matter the polish get into round 1. They can't teach that size, but every scout/coach/GM thinks they can teach the position. Ponder was a first rounder. Flacco. Lots of meh guys go round 1. Damn near had a 30 year old go round 1 last year. If Logan stays healthy, and doesn't shoot anybody or smoke from a Volvo tailpipe, he should get a look and possibly an early look. A real early look.

I'd rather march out Herby (40s) or Blackledge (50s) under center than develop Logan Thomas at QB.

and all those QB's where better in college then thomas is now.

Vtech runs a simple basic *** offense and this dude cant read a defense or look for his 2nd or 3rd options.

Word, will search out highlites, if there are any available.
Making my way through the games I DVR'd while being away this weekend.
I watched NCSU v. Tenn yesterday and the way those guys were swinging off Glennon's nuts you would have thought he was going to win the Heisman, even after some of the boneheaded plays he made. The difference between he and Bray was obvious.
Still got 3 more games to make it through. Watched 1st half of Florida v. Bowling Green, Muschamp probably would offer Driskel and Brisset for Max Schilz straight up.

LMAO

Man how long of a leash does Muschamp have?

IF Charlie Strong wins the big east and gets in a BCS bowl and Muschamp has the Gators struggling, does the AD make a call to their former Coach?

LMAO
Man how long of a leash does Muschamp have?
IF Charlie Strong wins the big east and gets in a BCS bowl and Muschamp has the Gators struggling, does the AD make a call to their former Coach?
Always thought Muschamp was best suited waiting in-line for the Texas job when Mack is finished. Could be he's not ready for such a major HC gig, or just better off as a DC for an elite program.

I've been a Charlie Strong guy from Day 1. First two seasons in Louisville did leave some doubt, but this is the breakout "money" season. Might attend their last game of the regular season at Rutgers.

wait , Sumlin UN-suspended 2 players for the opener now that its UF instead of La tech

:lol: :pimp:

Welcome to the SEC Son!!!

He said they would be suspended for the "first game of the season." I guess instead of first game of the season he should have just said "Louisiana Tech."

I have a mixed opinion on it (it's tough to send a message to the player/team when you're picking and choosing which game they'll be suspended for), but I'm just happy that we finally have a coach that understands that he needs to win.

After that silly little billboard them clowns bought in Gainesville, Gators by 100. Talking trash and ain't em played a game in the conference yet. :smh:

wait , Sumlin UN-suspended 2 players for the opener now that its UF instead of La tech

:lol: :pimp:

Welcome to the SEC Son!!!
I'd read that and was like, you're saying because they already weren't part of the game prep for La Tech, you feel like that's justification to wait a month and a half to hold them out for a game? Very convenient.

Different scenarios but Brady Hoke was praised to the high heavens for suspending Toussaint & Clark, would there have been as much negative publicity from ESPN if he pulled something like this?

Back
Top Bottom