2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

How is Barkley overrated? You put any quarterback in the situation that he was in tonight and they'll have similar stats. The run game was non existent and made it easier for Stanford's D to pressure him. Did you tailgate before the game because we didn't watch the same thing.
Nope, didn't tailgate. You're right about the running game. Maybe its more accurate to say that USC is overrated instead of Barkley. At the same time, I walked away from that game totally unimpressed by Barkley. Don't have the numbers in front of me but I'm almost positive that most of the 254yds were thanks to Woods and Lee's YAC. And having watched Andrew Luck over the last two years, I think Luck would have done a far better job at using his legs to make something out of nothing. We can play counterfactual's all day. But you're boy didn't shine in an extremely important game for the Trojans and his college career. 

USC's o-line completely fell apart and its defensive front 7 had NO answer for Stanford's smashmouth style of offense. It's difficult for me to place much blame on Barkley when he's proven himself so many times. Matt Barkley's not overrated at all to me. I mean, Stanford took the soul of USC's center early and stomped and danced on it throughout the night. 

Nope, didn't tailgate. You're right about the running game. Maybe its more accurate to say that USC is overrated instead of Barkley. At the same time, I walked away from that game totally unimpressed by Barkley. Don't have the numbers in front of me but I'm almost positive that most of the 254yds were thanks to Woods and Lee's YAC. And having watched Andrew Luck over the last two years, I think Luck would have done a far better job at using his legs to make something out of nothing. We can play counterfactual's all day. But you're boy didn't shine in an extremely important game for the Trojans and his college career. 
He's hardly my boy. I'm calling it like I see it. Syracuse is my team.

Last edited:
He's hardly my boy. I'm calling it like I see it. Syracuse is my team.
Got you. Its tough to place all the blame on Barkley's shoulders but I expected way more from him. And that's coming from a Cardinal fan. I mean, dude lost at his crib last year, decided to forego the NFL to help SC win a championship, and in the third game of the season, he and the offense came up soft.  

Got you. Its tough to place all the blame on Barkley's shoulders but I expected way more from him. And that's coming from a Cardinal fan. I mean, dude lost at his crib last year, decided to forego the NFL to help SC win a championship, and in the third game of the season, he and the offense came up soft.  

Bro, everything you said can be applied to Andrew Luck. The difference being Luck couldn't beat the Ducks and last I remember the Ducks whooped on the Tree's at the Farm last year and Luck had a terrible game... legs and arms.

Didn't change my perspective on Luck, once in a lifetime talent. Just couldn't beat the Ducks when it mattered. So there is that.

Love the hate from the Texas fan, :lol:, I won't even say **** when the Longhorn season goes in the toilet. "Ya'll" been mediocre without sanctions. That fan base can eat a ****.

Same with the UCLA fan base, puffing their chest so early, typical. Another fan base that can eat a fat one.

It wasn't going to be a walk in the park, and this was one of the games of note that worried a lot of people.

Gunna - Too early to be quoting yourself, expect better from you. Still holding you to the "USC will lose by 40 to Oregon", Got to take this in stride man, this blows. Frankly didn't expect the backup to play this poorly, expected him to be serviceable. If anything, disappointed at CLK and Co. for not having a plan b. There were some pieces that could've been moved and they didn't adjust so they left the kid out there to get murked even though he wasn't ready for prime time. Loss not only lands on the Oline, lands on the coaching staff for not adjusting. Stanford and David Shaw to his credit exploited our weakness, frankly he did an excellent coaching job.

I've said it before (*you guys can search cause I don't give a ****), I was more worried about a team like Stanford than a team like Oregon. Stanford has size and strength on the front lines, can't match up with a team like that. This was the worst team for Holmes to be out against, and the proof is in the pudding, they simply dominated. Hats off to Stanford.

Loss sucks, but everyone is making it sound like Stanford is Louisiana Monroe.

when did I say USC would lose to Oregon by 40?

and no its not too early to quote myself.

Yall basically said I had No leg to stand on when I said lack of depth was an issue. yall just wiped it away, ennnhhh depth is over hyped. okay. that 2nd unit Center was atrocious.

and in week 3 it came to fruition. reared its ugly head, and your one game into league play, theres going to be more attrition

USC has lotta talent. Don't think Kiffin is an elite coach though. Aside from Oregon last year, his best win was what, an 8-5 Georgia team when he was at Tenn?

Hope the PAC 12 starts to show depth.

stanford's front seven...good effin' lord. outta control tonight. that last drive by usc :x

Yall basically said I had No leg to stand on when I said lack of depth was an issue. yall just wiped it away, ennnhhh depth is over hyped. okay. that 2nd unit Center was atrocious.
and in week 3 it came to fruition. reared its ugly head, and your one game into league play, theres going to be more attrition

My bad, you said 20+... anyway one of us will be wrong and one of us will be right.

Stanford rendered our skill players useless, Barkley didn't have enough time to get the ball out. Center was getting worked. LIke I said, Holmes went out against the worst possible team, Stanford. A team that has strong interior linemen. Don't think Arizona, Oregon, UCLA have the interior linemen to cause the same issues. Don't think they will exploit that weakness the way Stanford did.

Couple of tough games ahead, since Cal and Utah both have interior lines that may cause issues. CLK would like nothing more than to be "spread out" right now. Interior linemen are a problem right now.

This can be good and this can be bad. Team got punched in the mouth, let's see if they get up or fold.

Still not convinced about Shaw, :lol:, that Oklahoma State play calling is still too fresh. Great coaching job this game though, hats off.

USC has lotta talent. Don't think Kiffin is an elite coach though. Aside from Oregon last year, his best win was what, an 8-5 Georgia team when he was at Tenn?

:lol:

Stil thinking of replying to silly statements like this.

Last edited:
FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MADNESS!!!

EDIT: OMGOMGMGMGIOOGPOAGFMAKLQNJIORJFQIOFNMA

edit2: That was entertaining but could've been epic. SMH. 

Last edited:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ USC
laugh.gif

Shayne Skov and them boyz was putting in WORK against that PUTRID USC o-line...

:smokin :smokin :smokin

You said Oregon going to blow out SC. Let's put $100 on it

You said Oregon going to blow out SC. Let's put $100 on it

I went and looked and Gunna said 20+, so interpret that how you may.

Regarding BYU/Utah:

Nobody deserved to win. Both teams are full of idiots, whether it's the idiot fans, offensive coordinators, Riley Nelson who can't throw a rock into the ocean, or whoever else. Both fan bases are beyond annoying :smh:

And IRONMAN:

I'm not trying to troll or anything. Promise. Just as an observer of football, outside of recruiting great players, Kiffin has not been a world-beater. Yes, he beat Oregon last year, I'll give you that one. But beyond that, I just want to know, in a non-troll, non-hating, friendly way, what in your eyes makes Coach Kiffin an elite coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse the wall of text, since I'm posting on my iPad.

Funk- It's silly because your statement is very arbitrary. Do I think CLK is an elite coach? No. Si,ply because I can only name 3-4 coaches in CFB that I would label elite. Nick Saban, Les Miles, Urban Meyer and Bob Stoops. It has to do more with X's and O's. Big Game Bob (Stoops) has maintained Oklahoma at an elite level throughout his tenure. Saban, Miles and Meyer all have Natty's under their belt.

Seem to be downplaying CLK with such a small sample size. Only one year at UT, and any Vols fan would be lying if they said they wouldn't want CLK. you don't get bent over an ex-gf if you don't give a **** about her.

First year at SC program gets hammered with sanctions. Tough break, kept program afloat. Last year went 10-2. The win at Notre Dame was huge, the win at Autzen was even bigger. Stanford has our number right now, even though 2010 and 2011, they got some questionable calls. No, he's not an elite coach. Not many are. He's a good one and has done a solid job of working with limitations.

All coaches get out coached. CLK out coached Shaw last year, shaw turned the tables this year.

And not that its matter to this discussion or anything but Andrew Luck did beat Oregon in his career.

Just a little tidbit, yall can continue.

Read the statement I quoted :wink:. Never said Luck didn't beat Oregon, just didn't get it done last year.

Whiskey found out real fast that O'Brien isn't Russellmania II

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom