2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

dooley_medium.gif

ALKJASDCAWEF I actually just spit out my drink. :rofl: :rofl:

[table][tr][td]
[h1]The Associated Press Top 25 Poll[/h1]
Updated: Sunday September 16, 2012 11:45 AM

[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]                                                      More PollsAP Top 25Coaches Top 25Comparison PollBCS RankingsHarris Poll                                                      [/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Rank[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td] [/td][td]Team[/td][td]Record[/td][td]Votes[/td][td]Previous[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Alabama  (58)[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]1,498[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]LSU  (2)[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]1,433[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Oregon[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]1,356[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Florida State[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]1,275[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]Georgia[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]1,203[/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]Oklahoma[/td][td]2-0[/td][td]1,181[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]South Carolina[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]1,081[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]West Virginia[/td][td]2-0[/td][td]1,051[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]Stanford[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]1,009[/td][td]21[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]Clemson[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]899[/td][td]11[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td][td]Notre Dame[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]854[/td][td]20[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td][td]Texas[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]816[/td][td]14[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]USC[/td][td]2-1[/td][td]776[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td][td]Florida[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]743[/td][td]18[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td][td]Kansas State[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]683[/td][td]15[/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td][td]Ohio State[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]680[/td][td]12[/td][/tr][tr][td]17[/td][td]TCU[/td][td]2-0[/td][td]535[/td][td]16[/td][/tr][tr][td]18[/td][td]Michigan[/td][td]2-1[/td][td]448[/td][td]17[/td][/tr][tr][td]19[/td][td]UCLA[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]429[/td][td]22[/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]Louisville[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]366[/td][td]19[/td][/tr][tr][td]21[/td][td]Michigan State[/td][td]2-1[/td][td]318[/td][td]10[/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]Arizona[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]296[/td][td]24[/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]Mississippi State[/td][td]3-0[/td][td]106[/td][td]NR[/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]Boise State[/td][td]1-1[/td][td]95[/td][td]NR[/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]Nebraska[/td][td]2-1[/td][td]80[/td][td]NR[/td][/tr][tr][td]Others Receiving Votes: Oregon State68, Baylor55, Northwestern41, Ohio20, Rutgers19, Oklahoma State19, Iowa State15, Virginia Tech13, Cincinnati9, Tennessee6, Wisconsin5, Texas Tech5, Missouri4, Texas A&M4, Georgia Tech3, Fresno State2, Utah1[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Read more:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/polls/ap/?sct=hp_t2_a3&eref=sihp#ixzz26eOsoFcu

I don't trust it but is anyone else getting a virus warning if you try to open page 55?
"niketalk.com contains content from assets.sbnation.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site."

Is AndrewLuck the poster back or did he never leave? :nerd:

The ending to that Utah-BYU game was wild. Stanford made USC pretty pedestrian, mostly along the lines. That lack of depth kills. Florida & Driskel turned it up a notch. I'm not a ND fan but I was happy they got the win for Te'o.

im on my phone and dont feel like scrolling through, has firered showed his *** in here yet? Suck it, Rocky Top.

:smh:

I was on suicide watch until I saw MSU and USC went down too smh. I just wanna see my Vols win a game that matters |I :frown:

I love ND playing well... Their fans are annoying like any other fan base but having that team good is great for college football...Really questioned how good their DL would be with no Lynch but Tuitt looks solid... Nix is everything I hope Will Campbell to be this year... Michigan's OL is playing horribly but you better believe they will give Denard enough time to look downfield... Lots of jump balls to Funchess and Gardner... Get ready for it.

Time to call Bobby Petrino. I don't even care.
he is going to have better options then sorry *** UK football

-arkansas
roll.gif
 yup but this was there year. like i tired to tell dude it was ALL petrino.

-DJ and CP yall still want to ride that Logan thomas train? dude is a bum

-i have zero idea why i thought CU would win, embree is a good guy but he will be looking for a new job soon with this crap

- so depth wont hurt USC? ya ok

ND loses another in the secondary. I know Denard isn't the greatest passer but I think/hope he can make enough throws to keep us in this game. Not sure how well we'll be able to run on that ND front 7.

he is going to have better options then sorry *** UK football

-arkansas:rofl:  yup but this was there year. like i tired to tell dude it was ALL petrino.

-DJ and CP yall still want to ride that Logan thomas train? dude is a bum

-i have zero idea why i thought CU would win, embree is a good guy but he will be looking for a new job soon with this crap

Hobbi looked like he wanted no part of that game last night.... I really wonder if Holmes would have been worse than that... Stanford just beat the down

I don't trust it but is anyone else getting a virus warning if you try to open page 55?
"niketalk.com contains content from assets.sbnation.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site."

Nope, You're not the only one getting that virus warning. :smh:

:nerd:

at least now espn will stop talking all that championship bull **** and those boys can just go out and ball.  assuming barkley gets any time to throw...
mean.gif

at least now espn will stop talking all that championship bull **** and those boys can just go out and ball.  assuming barkley gets any time to throw... :smh:

How much trouble can ESPN cause a team that should be spending the vast majority of its time preparing for every Saturday? I can't imagine it's all that much, but if there's someone who can enlighten me...

Well as a fan who's objectively aware of the problems the team has, ESPN constantly touting them as some sort of unbeatable juggernaut gets annoying.  Depth on the lines was always the concern.  Stanford is built to exploit that.  I don't know why everyone was pretending like SC beating them was a foregone conclusion (particularly the sports media.)

Plus these are kids.  Hear enough that you can't be beaten and that the championship game is already you vs. Bama and you're gonna start to believe it.

Well as a fan who's objectively aware of the problems the team has, ESPN constantly touting them as some sort of unbeatable juggernaut gets annoying.  Depth on the lines was always the concern.  Stanford is built to exploit that.  I don't know why everyone was pretending like SC beating them was a foregone conclusion (particularly the sports media.)

Plus these are kids.  Hear enough that you can't be beaten and that the championship game is already you vs. Bama and you're gonna start to believe it.

Saw this coming earlier. The hype is tough to ingore I'm sure. Every team gets caught up in it at some point I think, some are just good enough to get by a game when they're out of focus and get their s*** together afterward. I recall last year when USC beat Oregon, LaMike was saying how dudes were bouncing off the hotel walls when Okie St lost to Iowa St the day before and that Oregon could potentially move up into position to play for the NC. You saw how Oregon played in the first three quarters of that game...

ESPN is a blessing and a curse :smh:

Notre Dame loses senior safety Jamoris Slaughter for the year with an achillies injury...ND will be overrated after this MSU win...I don't see them being able to stop anyone through the air with a capable passing game...although that front 7 is disgusting

:lol:, we are talking about t-shirts, one from a fan site not even University authorized. ok

I've come to the conclusion that people are going to just regurgitate what the talking heads say, and run with it. Surprising when some do, not so surprising when others do.

Even with 85, nobody has a leader of the offensive line riding on the pine, nobody has a senior all american, all pac 12 center on the bench. Holmes is a huge cog in many ways. Hobbi was his replacement, highly touted, and he wasn't ready. Even with 85, the line would've been obliterated.

Not going to use that as an excuse, Stanford whooped us bad. We lost the one guy that we couldn't afford to lose against a team like Stanford. A spread type team that doesn't rely on defense, don't think this happens. Stanford, boy o boy, it's all about the trenches.

Next week is going to be very interesting, clearing the DVR. Arizona will finally have a measuring stick game on the road, we'll see if Oklahoma is for real and on the same token, Kansas State. Michigan vs. Notre Dame: I think is a bigger game for Michigan. It's on the big stage and las time they were their they got destroyed by Bama. Redemption time.

Stanford at 9, well deserved and takes the sting away just a bit. Looks like the Pac 12 is going to be a dogfight if indeed Arizona and UCLA are for real. Still don't believe the latter.

One positive is that the D stepped up big last night and held their own despite Stanford having long drives and owning TOP in the second half.

Even with 85, an L was in the books without Holmes. Much, much, much credit to Stanford. Saying we lost due to "depth" is a slap in the face to what they did.

Back
Top Bottom