2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Slaughter out for the year. :smh:. At least more time for Shumate but a thin secondary just got a lot thinner. (and younger)

I thought Shumate looked pretty good against MSU, the few times he was tested. It sucks losing your best CB. I didn't realize it until now but Blake Countess was pretty decent in run support for us.

[h1]3 charged in Montee Ball attack[/h1]

Updated: September 17, 2012, 6:06 PM ET
Associated Press

MADISON, Wis. -- Three University of Wisconsin students have been charged in attack on Badgers' running back Montee Ball.

Wendell Venerable, Robert Wilks and Deonte Wilson appeared in Dane County Circuit Court on Monday where a judge continued their signature bonds. A criminal complaint says Ball was kicked and punched Aug. 1 as he walked in Madison. The complaint says a friend interrupted the attack when she threw herself over Ball on the ground.

Prosecutors say witnesses identified the three men, all 21, by looking at surveillance video from a nearby apartment building. WKOW-TV reports witnesses told investigators they heard the attackers say they planned to target football players in retaliation for a previous fight at a party when one of them was hurt.
For those students, most likely getting expelled and possibly doing jail time couldn't have been worth getting revenge.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...tic-coast-conference-working-deal-orange-bowl

ACC, Orange Bowl close to deal

Updated: September 17, 2012, 6:01 PM ET
By Brett McMurphy | ESPN

Email
Print

The Atlantic Coast Conference and Orange Bowl are finalizing a deal that would pit the ACC champion against either Notre Dame, an SEC or Big Ten team starting after the 2014 regular season, sources told ESPN.

The ACC champion, or another team from the conference if its champion qualifies for the national semifinals, will play annually in the Orange Bowl. How the ACC's opponent will be selected from Notre Dame, the SEC or Big Ten is still being determined.

The ACC and Orange Bowl would have the opportunity to take Notre Dame, if it doesn't make the national semifinals; an SEC team not in the national semifinals or Champions Bowl; or a Big Ten team not in the semifinals or Rose Bowl.

The Orange Bowl and ACC's deal with Notre Dame/Big Ten/SEC locks up both sides of the third major bowl when the new playoff format starts in 2014. The Rose Bowl will have Big Ten and Pac-12 teams and the Champions Bowl -- still to be determined whether to be held in Arlington, Texas or New Orleans -- will have SEC and Big 12 teams. Last week, Notre Dame announced it would join the ACC as a full member for all sports except football, where the Irish will play five games annually against ACC opponents.

Notre Dame will leave the Big East as soon as it can negotiate a deal with the conference. Last week, Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick discussed the Irish's pending deal with the Orange Bowl

So is it true that if Notre Dame finishes within a game of the ACC champ then the Orange Bowl has the ability to choose ND over them for the OB bid?

I would hope that the ACC wouldn't do something as stupid as that but I think that the OB has to take the ACC champ regardless of any other circumstances. Maybe that's not the case anymore

So is it true that if Notre Dame finishes within a game of the ACC champ then the Orange Bowl has the ability to choose ND over them for the OB bid?
you see how horrible ACC teams travel to the orange bowl? i wouldnt be shock if they did that

I hope Jeff Long is smart enough to go after Charlie Strong.

When's the last time we had a bad defense in Columbus? Bigelow got OFF :smh:

Can't wait to see what Oklahoma does this weekend.

From the always reputable Bleacher Report:

Clemson vs. Florida State Football: Why the Seminoles Will Pull off the Win

By Kevin Brown (Contributor) on September 18, 2012 921 reads 9

Clemson fans have already returned two-thirds of their ticket allotment, Florida State is favored by 14 points, the Seminoles have the best defense in the nation, FSU is healthy and has a competent offensive line, and the game is in Tallahassee, Fla.

Those facts alone spell victory for the Seminoles. It’s clear that FSU’s 2011 season was completely derailed by injuries and the loss to Oklahoma, but let’s not forget something else: Clemson doesn’t have that much talent.

So bold of me! So far-fetched! Just look at Clemson’s roster!

I have, and I see two players who would possibly have a chance of starting for FSU—Sammy Watkins and Dalton Freeman. The Clemson offense, which is where all the “talent” resides, is merely a high-flying circus act. Head coach Dabo Swinney runs this circus act because he doesn’t have the talent to run an offense like Alabama’s.

The talent disparity between these two teams is far greater than some people understand. ESPN’s hype for this game is truly out of control. These 2012 Tigers truly do not belong on the same football field as the 2012 Seminoles. It’s a mismatch, unlike the Wake Forest-FSU mismatch from last Saturday.

But Clemson is a Top 10 team.

Well, maybe it is, but the Top 10 claim doesn’t do the story justice. Like last year, a few teams have emerged far and above the others: Alabama, FSU and LSU. Defense—and they have the best three in the country—is what separates those three teams from every other in the country.

Clemson, on the other hand, has a defense that leaves a lot to be desired. Whereas FSU statistically has the nation’s top overall defense, scoring defense, pass defense, and rush defense—yes, some of that has to do with the weak schedule. Let’s take a look at Clemson’s defensive numbers.

After playing Auburn, Ball State and Furman, Clemson is ranked 34th in the country in total defense, allowing 367.7 yards a game, 17.7 points a game and 4.8 yards per carry.

Those numbers speak for themselves.

The victory over Clemson will not be viewed as a big victory for Florida State as the season goes along. Clemson is not a great football team, but it will serve as reminder that Florida State is back to being the Boss of the ACC and the conference’s only true national-title contender.

Writer's bio:
About
I graduated from Florida State University in 2010 with a Bachelor of Science in Political Science and English. I am currently a graduate-level student pursuing a Certificate in Publishing and Editing at FSU. I grew up in Tallahassee, Florida. My favorite writers are John Steinbeck and Philip Roth.

Short List
Favorite Sports TeamsFlorida State

Last edited:
From the always reputable Bleacher Report:
Clemson vs. Florida State Football: Why the Seminoles Will Pull off the Win

By Kevin Brown (Contributor) on September 18, 2012 921 reads 9
Clemson fans have already returned two-thirds of their ticket allotment, Florida State is favored by 14 points, the Seminoles have the best defense in the nation, FSU is healthy and has a competent offensive line, and the game is in Tallahassee, Fla.
Those facts alone spell victory for the Seminoles. It’s clear that FSU’s 2011 season was completely derailed by injuries and the loss to Oklahoma, but let’s not forget something else: Clemson doesn’t have that much talent.
So bold of me! So far-fetched! Just look at Clemson’s roster!
I have, and I see two players who would possibly have a chance of starting for FSU—Sammy Watkins and Dalton Freeman. The Clemson offense, which is where all the “talent” resides, is merely a high-flying circus act. Head coach Dabo Swinney runs this circus act because he doesn’t have the talent to run an offense like Alabama’s.
The talent disparity between these two teams is far greater than some people understand. ESPN’s hype for this game is truly out of control. These 2012 Tigers truly do not belong on the same football field as the 2012 Seminoles. It’s a mismatch, unlike the Wake Forest-FSU mismatch from last Saturday.
But Clemson is a Top 10 team.
Well, maybe it is, but the Top 10 claim doesn’t do the story justice. Like last year, a few teams have emerged far and above the others: Alabama, FSU and LSU. Defense—and they have the best three in the country—is what separates those three teams from every other in the country.
Clemson, on the other hand, has a defense that leaves a lot to be desired. Whereas FSU statistically has the nation’s top overall defense, scoring defense, pass defense, and rush defense—yes, some of that has to do with the weak schedule. Let’s take a look at Clemson’s defensive numbers.
After playing Auburn, Ball State and Furman, Clemson is ranked 34th in the country in total defense, allowing 367.7 yards a game, 17.7 points a game and 4.8 yards per carry.
Those numbers speak for themselves.
The victory over Clemson will not be viewed as a big victory for Florida State as the season goes along. Clemson is not a great football team, but it will serve as reminder that Florida State is back to being the Boss of the ACC and the conference’s only true national-title contender.
Writer's bio:
About
I graduated from Florida State University in 2010 with a Bachelor of Science in Political Science and English. I am currently a graduate-level student pursuing a Certificate in Publishing and Editing at FSU. I grew up in Tallahassee, Florida. My favorite writers are John Steinbeck and Philip Roth.
Short List
Favorite Sports TeamsFlorida State

:pimp: :pimp:

any major school with a job opening should go after him. he is going to have to choice of jobs
And he'll be out of the BE.
pimp.gif

Floridia is pretty damn good with Driskel so far.. Wildcats bout to get smashed on Sat
pimp.gif

Seminoles vs Clemson will be the main event tho
nerd.gif

The rest of ND's schedule is just brutal, man. See them dropping at least two to Stanford and USC. Maybe more.

Charlie Strong has it made in the Big East (for now), not sure if he'd continue the trend of Louisville being a coach's stepping stone or not.

Last edited:
Charlie Strong has it made in the Big East (for now), not sure if he'd continue the trend of Louisville being a coach's stepping stone or not.
If he has the right opportunity, why stick with a sinking ship of a conference that may be on the outside looking in with the new playoff/BCS format?

Floridia is pretty damn good with Driskel so far..

Finally watched that UF/UT game last night.

:smh: :smh: @ Sal Sunseri

:smh: :smh: @ Whomever the UT OC is.

Justin Hunter easily coulda had a bigger game. CP about to be 1 and done.

Quinn/Muschamp made some nice adjustments after the 1st half, two games in a row now. Or maybe the defense just calmed down.

How long until Jacoby Brissett transfers to Wisconsin?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom