2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Doesn't matter who you put back there, Jets QB is going to suck with that offense. Aren't you guys still waiting for Shonn Greene to show up? Think you guys need to build that Oline. Also, receivers are not that good after Santonio and that says a lot. Keller being out doesn't help, and Hill hasn't been a factor since Week 1. Too many issues on that Jets team. Mark isn't helping either, I think he's done in NY which is a good thing.
Anyway, didn't see Matt as a top 5 pick last year, so the "draft stock" falling is a not worth discussing IMO. His stock was going to fall, since he doesn't really have ideal size. He's 6'1 at best.
Jets don't need another QB, they need to revamp the Oline first and go from there.
I'ma realistic Jets fans but the O-Line is the least of the problem. Mark isn't getting killed every time he goes back at all. We have zero recievers and zero running backs that are good. Your also clearly trying to defend Mark when he is the worst starting QB in the league. Dude is a no talent hack. He deaerves to be seated in the studio next to Joey Harrington

So once again, which QB's do you guys think are best in the upcoming draft?
you're not a realistic jets fan at all.  i kinda question how much jets football you actually watch.

anywho...

matt then geno in that order.  geno could ultimatwly prove to be better, or he could just be a system qb with a strong arm.

Doesn't matter who you put back there, Jets QB is going to suck with that offense. Aren't you guys still waiting for Shonn Greene to show up? Think you guys need to build that Oline. Also, receivers are not that good after Santonio and that says a lot. Keller being out doesn't help, and Hill hasn't been a factor since Week 1. Too many issues on that Jets team. Mark isn't helping either, I think he's done in NY which is a good thing.

Anyway, didn't see Matt as a top 5 pick last year, so the "draft stock" falling is a not worth discussing IMO. His stock was going to fall, since he doesn't really have ideal size. He's 6'1 at best.

Jets don't need another QB, they need to revamp the Oline first and go from there.

I'ma realistic Jets fans but the O-Line is the least of the problem. Mark isn't getting killed every time he goes back at all. We have zero recievers and zero running backs that are good. Your also clearly trying to defend Mark when he is the worst starting QB in the league. Dude is a no talent hack. He deaerves to be seated in the studio next to Joey Harrington

So once again, which QB's do you guys think are best in the upcoming draft?

you're not a realistic jets fan at all.  i kinda question how much jets football you actually watch.

anywho...

matt then geno in that order.  geno could ultimatwly prove to be better, or he could just be a system qb with a strong arm.

this when sanchez had a good o-line and was actually throwing to good decent receivers and had a running game look how far that team went, while the defense was very good you still need a qb to put some pts up

every year they continue decrease the talent around first it was the o-line, than running game no he has no receivers

i mean jeremy kerley is their best receiver right now and running back in greene with no burst, even his former pro bowl lineman are playing bad
now all hill, holmes, and keller are hurt, im not saying sanchez elite or close to it but if you surround him some kind of talent he could be a good qb

Last edited:
In what way was I defending Mark? :lol:

...and in no way are you realistic. Jets haven't had a decent running game in quite some time and those receivers are not cutting it. Santonio is talented, but who the hell knows what's going on in that noggin of his. If they want to keep Rex they need to let some of those people on offense go and start all over, including Mark.

The question is do you bring another top QB prospect that will probably fail in a rebuilt offense, or do you bring a vet and let that prospect sit for a year or two.

Doesn't help that the Jets have drafted poorly the past 3-4 years.

Pro Combat Uni's, maybe I'm not a fan of revolving door uniforms, or fad uniforms but yeah. Pro Combat uni's haven't been impressive in quite some time.

Matt Barkley is Jimmy Clausen. Marginal arm limited athleticism. I wouldn't spend a 1st on him.

Yeah it's not like FSU doesn't have 3 players from Miami who start on their team . Jimbo's really f'n them over :lol: :lol:
Guess he's probably alluding to the lack of reps for Devonta Freeman

Luke is just another delusional Cane fan living in the past...Devonta hasn't received the reps, because Thompson has come back from his injury better than ever, Wilder has improved, and plus his brother just got murdered like a week ago....I still doubt his head is all the way there football wise after going through something like that

Anyone else look at their pick 'em leagues this week and just shake their head? Going to be a crazy weekend of CFB

:pimp:

ACC staying with 8-game conference schedule.

Hope all conferences go this route before 2014, even the playing field.

TCU QB Casey Pachall arrested last night for DWI. Soooo f'ing dumb.

Patterson has now choice but to kick him off the team now.

Shawn Eichorst resigns as Miami AD
Shawn Eichorst resigned as the Miami Hurricanes' athletic director on Thursday.
(Wilfredo Less/Associated Press)

October 4, 2012
698057.jpg

Steve Mitchell- US PRESSWIRE

RENEWED RIVALRY: The Hurricanes will face longtime rival Notre Dame on Saturday at Chicago's Soldier Field.

CFB ON FOX IN 2012
Get the latest FOX College football news, analysis and videos right here.

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) -- Shawn Eichorst resigned as Miami's athletic director on Thursday, the latest blow to a department bracing to be hit by NCAA sanctions, said a person with knowledge of the situation.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the university -- which was scrambling Thursday to decide how to fill Eichorst's role on a short-term basis -- had not publicly announced Eichorst's decision. Various reports in Nebraska have identified Eichorst this week as a candidate to replace the retiring Tom Osborne as the Cornhuskers' athletic director.

Eichorst, who has not spoken with reporters in months, did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment. His resignation comes two days before Miami plays Notre Dame, the first regular-season meeting between the storied football programs since 1990.

Eichorst's tenure at Miami lasted less than 18 months. He was hired by the Hurricanes after serving as Wisconsin's Chief Operating Officer for athletics, overseeing a $90 million budget and being closely involved with a $100 million construction project for ice hockey, swimming and football. Eichorst was highly recommended for the Miami job by his one-time boss at Wisconsin, athletic director Barry Alvarez -- a close friend of Miami President Donna Shalala.

Alvarez is also a graduate of Nebraska.

Eichorst arrived with Miami's athletic department in flux: Funds were being raised for facility upgrades, and the school was in the process of hiring a basketball coach to replace Frank Haith, eventually deciding on bringing in Jim Larranaga. Quietly, though, the Hurricanes were also under NCAA investigation over their compliance practices, which wound up overshadowing everything Eichorst did at Miami.

The story over Miami's NCAA mess broke publicly in August 2011, when claims made by former booster and convicted Ponzi scheme architect Nevin Shapiro -- now serving a 20-year prison term for his role in bilking investors out of $930 million -- were published by Yahoo Sports. Shapiro said he provided dozens of Miami athletes and recruits with impermissible benefits over an eight-year period starting in 2002.

The NCAA is expected to provide Miami with its notice of allegations later this year, with sanctions -- which could be severe -- to follow.

And now, the Hurricanes have something else to deal with. Eichorst was believed to be working closely with the NCAA during the joint inquiry into the athletic department, so his departure comes at a difficult time for the department -- and the university, which is already dealing with a number of issues unrelated to the investigation, such as dwindling football attendance and major financial problems involving its highly touted medical school.

Eichorst addressed the scandal in a roundtable interview with Miami reporters on Nov. 1, 2011.

"I'm not making any excuses. I'm not asking anybody to feel sorry for me or anybody else," Eichorst said. "I've got a job to do and I'm only looking forward. I'm not looking backwards."

Eichorst declined virtually all interview requests since.

He appeared on Miami's football practice field at least once this week, and had been planning to be at the Hurricanes' game in Chicago against Notre Dame on Saturday night.

TCU QB Casey Pachall has been suspended indefinitely after being arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.

here's TCU's New QB just in time for League play

Yikes

Last edited:
Miami AD going to Nebraska\

4* WR Tony Stevens decommitted from FSU, sites WR depth. UGA or Ohio State I would think
3* TE Christian Morgan decommits from FSU, says its b/c of distance....but he's likely to end up @ Ole Miss. He'll have a sister going there next year

TCU QB Casey Pachall has been suspended indefinitely after being arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
here's TCU's New QB just in time for League play

Yikes

He obviously isnt Pachall, but he isnt bad Gunna. Just young. Can throw and run. His running ability is pretty nice actually. They were thinking of playing him a RB this week until this news came down...

Back
Top Bottom