2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

ol' geno is going to put up equal, if not greater, numbers against texas' secondary. :lol: :lol: :lol: they're going to give my boys a sound drubbin' next week. good luck texas!!!

Solid front 7's, especially a DL usually neutralizes that attack, and Texas has a solid DL. There was no pass rush from either side in the West Virginia/Baylor game. It looked like a 7 on 7 tournament game.

USF WR Chris Dunkley arrested, suspended indefinitely

1349053965378.jpg

By Ryan Bass, Bright House Sports Network
Last Updated: Sunday, September 30, 2012 @ 09:12PM
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on google Share on email More Sharing Services 0
TAMPA --

It's been a tough 24 hours for USF wide receiver Chris Dunkley.

Dunkley was arrested on campus hours after USF's 30-17 loss to Florida State and charged with a misdemeanor count of domestic violence battery, and now the sophomore wide receiver has been suspended indefinitely from the team.

According to USF, Dunkley will not be involved in any team-related activities or functions.

“Our players have an obligation to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner on and off the field," USF head coach Skip Holtz said in a release. "Due to the serious nature of this matter, we have suspended Chris indefinitely from all team activities.”

The ex-Gator was arrested just before 11:30 p.m. on campus, and booked at 1:44 a.m, according to a police report. The 21-year-old sophomore was still in jail as of Sunday at 10 a.m.

According to a police report, Dunkley was charged for an incident with his girlfriend on Sept. 21. The report says Dunkley and his girlfriend had an argument, and at one point, things became physical.

The Pahokee high alum has played in all four games for USF this season, catching four balls for 93 yards, 52 of which came during the fourth quarter of USF's 32-31 come-from-behind win over Nevada.

He should transfer to Notre Dame

Although Ole Miss had been wearing them for a couple years now, I really didn't notice that they were wearing the Confederate alternate uniform until Bomani Jones pointed it out. They really love their rebellious history at that school.
They look like just a grey version of their normal uniforms...thats a little bit of a reach my dude

But my Vols. Bray gon cost Dooley his job
mean.gif
they're a school in the deep south whose mascot up until two years ago was a caricature of a southern colonel (read: plantation owner.)

the school's fight song until just as recently was basically a confederate war cry.

there have been klan marches on campus...  the school's nickname is The Rebels...

to point out that wearing all unis makes it look like you're paying an homage to the Greys isn't a reach.  i don't think the school did it intentionally (i know they claim they were unaware of the similarities) but that just makes them stupid.

they're a school in the deep south whose mascot up until two years ago was a caricature of a southern colonel (read: plantation owner.)

the school's fight song until just as recently was basically a confederate war cry.

there have been klan marches on campus...  the school's nickname is The Rebels...

to point out that wearing all unis makes it look like you're paying an homage to the Greys isn't a reach.  i don't think the school did it intentionally (i know they claim they were unaware of the similarities) but that just makes them stupid.

Yes I know Ole Miss has a more racist history than any other school, I was just referring to the uniforms, but you may have a point..

Smh all I was able to watch this weekend was 1 qtr of the FSU game and like 5 mins of the Wazzu game

Florida gon' **** around and beat LSU next week

Going to the OSU - Nebraska game (got season tix).

I'm real pumped but it sucks I won't see much of the WVU - Texas and UGA - USCe

damn so now bama only got 3 scholarship rbs on roster & i dont think they'll miss deandrew white too much, they got like 3 other receivers wit the exact same skillset

Florida gon' **** around and beat LSU next week
Gotta stop that run game and put pressure on that bum Mettenberger. 

The o-line need to step up against their d-line. Miles got some talent in the the front 4 

sow got '14 Christmas from Manatee, good pick up 

1st time in Tennessee Vols football history they they have lost while scoring 40 or more points. 177-1

[h5] [/h5]
Radi Nabulsi
[h5]Is there a clean/instrumentla/radio version of "Same %^&* Time" by Future out there? I can just see some Bulldog fan making a hype video with that as the theme song.

"Here comes Keith Marshall and Todd Gurley at the same #$%& time.
Tavarres King and Michael Bennett at the same #$%& time.
Jarvis Jones and Bacarri Rambo  at the same #$%& time."

It is not a clean song but it sure beats the heck out of Crank Dat.[/h5]

roll.gif
roll.gif
if I had time...

Last edited:
My body is ready. Our defense has given up five touchdowns this season (tied with Alabama for best in SEC. We're No. 2 against the run, Bama first) In comparison, UGA gave up five touchdowns to Tennessee. Last time Gameday came to Columbia, we dominated unbeaten and No. 1 Alabama in 2010.

This is probably the most excited I've ever been for a college football game. Thought about selling my tickets since they're fetching $300 a piece or so on eBay/StubHub/etc. Decided against it. I'm there.

Georgia fans who see this game as a "gimme" is beyond me.

This is Georgia's toughest game of the season -- by far. Has Aaron Murray faced any pressure this season? Have the Bulldogs tried to run against a fast and physical defensive line? South Carolina -- and Marcus Lattimore -- won this game back-to-back years? (We actually are 6-0 against UGA, UF and Tenn. since 2010).

These aren't those old Gamecocks.

No. 1 Alabama has lost wide receiver DeAndrew White and running back Dee Hart for the season.

Coach Nick Saban said Monday that both will have to undergo knee surgery after injuries sustained during the Mississippi game

Since my Jets need a new QB, who do you guys like in this upcoming draft? I'm weary of Barkley because of the success of USC QB's and that he hasn't lived up to expectations so far this year. After him is Geno right? Don't know much about him and who people would rank after him? Bray, Wilson, Manuel?

Someone give me some hope here...

This is Georgia's toughest game of the season -- by far. Has Aaron Murray faced any pressure this season? Have the Bulldogs tried to run against a fast and physical defensive line? South Carolina -- and Marcus Lattimore -- won this game back-to-back years? (We actually are 6-0 against UGA, UF and Tenn. since 2010).
laugh.gif
 Who here said it was a gimme game? Miss me with the (short) history lessons, I said I wasn't gon do any talkin this year..but you wildin' with that 'toughest game of the year' talk. Ya'll decent.

:lol:  Who here said it was a gimme game? Miss me with the (short) history lessons, I said I wasn't gon do any talkin this year..but you wildin' with that 'toughest game of the year' talk. Ya'll decent.
Oh, Lawd. You're responding to that clown?

South Carolina has played Vandy, ECU, UAB, Mizzou & UK. Combined record of 8-15.

Both SCar & UGA have good defenses but just like UGA saw this weekend, don't puff out your chest til you play someone with a pulse. SCar's DL is nasty though.

SCar could **** around and lose their next 4 games.

(This has nothing to do with Clemson and our awful defense)

I expect nothing less from a Clemson fan whose got your *** handed to you three straight years by the Gamecocks. Oh, btw, West Virginia just scored again.

South Carolina's going for a school-record 10th straight win Saturday. UGA's defense has been owned on more than one occasion this season (see, Buffalo).

Since my Jets need a new QB, who do you guys like in this upcoming draft? I'm weary of Barkley because of the success of USC QB's and that he hasn't lived up to expectations so far this year. After him is Geno right? Don't know much about him and who people would rank after him? Bray, Wilson, Manuel?
Someone give me some hope here...

Doesn't matter who you put back there, Jets QB is going to suck with that offense. Aren't you guys still waiting for Shonn Greene to show up? Think you guys need to build that Oline. Also, receivers are not that good after Santonio and that says a lot. Keller being out doesn't help, and Hill hasn't been a factor since Week 1. Too many issues on that Jets team. Mark isn't helping either, I think he's done in NY which is a good thing.

Anyway, didn't see Matt as a top 5 pick last year, so the "draft stock" falling is a not worth discussing IMO. His stock was going to fall, since he doesn't really have ideal size. He's 6'1 at best.

Jets don't need another QB, they need to revamp the Oline first and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom