2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

msu lost too, very overrated
By ranking sure, but after watching the Boise game, who didn't see this coming? You can't win anything with Andrew Maxwell as your QB and you cannot ride Leveon Bell all season long. The defense just isn't enough. At some point you have to score.
Saturday Down South@SDS

We're hearing that John L Smith is potentially out at Arkansas. Working to confirm.

Last edited:
ND has impressed me the most this season. I'm feeling VERY uneasy going against them.

*LoadedLux Wink*
it took 3, count em, 3 weeks before that Lack of depth caught up with USC...
'

ND has impressed me the most this season. I'm feeling VERY uneasy going against them.
You're kidding right.

Navy who got beat down by PSU, struggled vs Purdue (led by former UM great Robert Marve) and a MSU team who struggled to beat a Boise St team replacing everyone.  

Haha ^^^ :lol:

Barkley's protection broke down. Too many dudes got through...

(pause)

Last edited by a moderator:
I still need to know what happened in that UF/UT game. Didn't get to watch it until it was 34-20

It boiled down to front 7 pressure, Driskell playing exceptionally well, and winning the turnover battle. Lerentee McCray, Floyd, and Easley were in Bray's lap for most of the game and the entire second half. Driskell was extremely poised and put the ball on the money, and we did not turn the ball over. We controlled both lines of scrimmage and the Vol passing attack (which was solid in the first half) was nonexistent (thanks to the constant pressure).

One thing that is already different this year is that we are mentally strong in the second half. Pease's innovation and Dillman (our S&C coach) have a big part in this.

Last edited:
ND was impressive tonight, no two ways about it.

(last week not so much, but I think Purdue is a lot better this year and there was the whole traveling back from Ireland thing while Purdue had all summer to game plan.) Not the most impressive team in the country, obviously, but finally looking like a solid football team with room for growth.

5-0 ND vs. 5-0 Stanford is going to be a slugfest. 

There's the potential for a LSU vs. Alabama 1 vs. 2 match-up for the 3rd time in less than 12 months... ridiculous. 

Back from the Stanford/USC game. Incredible atmosphere tonight. We all expected the d-line and steph Taylor to ball out. But man, the secondary was stellar this evening. Great communication on the field and while they didn't lock up Woods or Lee, they kept the ball in front of them and didn't get beat deep. I'm sorry, but Matt Barkley is incredibly overrated. What makes a QB elite is the rapport they have with their receivers and attention paid to the details. The two interceptions Barkley threw were completely due to miscommunication with his guys, something that should never happen when you're the #2 team in the country. He is either strictly a pocket qb or didn't want to scramble when the play broke down because of the $. Its a new era for Stanford. Definitely not an elite team but well on their way to establishing a new identity post-Luck. 

Back from the Stanford/USC game. Incredible atmosphere tonight. We all expected the d-line and steph Taylor to ball out. But man, the secondary was stellar this evening. Great communication on the field and while they didn't lock up Woods or Lee, they kept the ball in front of them and didn't get beat deep. I'm sorry, but Matt Barkley is incredibly overrated. What makes a QB elite is the rapport they have with their receivers and attention paid to the details. The two interceptions Barkley threw were completely due to miscommunication with his guys, something that should never happen when you're the #2 team in the country. He is either strictly a pocket qb or didn't want to scramble when the play broke down because of the $. Its a new era for Stanford. Definitely not an elite team but well on their way to establishing a new identity post-Luck. 
How is Barkley overrated? You put any quarterback in the situation that he was in tonight and they'll have similar stats. The run game was non existent and made it easier for Stanford's front seven to pressure him. Did you tailgate before the game because we didn't watch the same thing.

Last edited:

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom