2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

The Lakers seriously have to trade Howard for 2 big men and pieces.

If they can somehow work out a 3 way deal with Utah and recieve Milsap/Jefferson.

laugh.gif
 These trade proposals 

But how does he fit into the team when he's a black hole? Their entire system is predicated on quick reads and ball movement, two things he doesn't do well.

Not to mention teams will just pick and roll Jefferson on defense because he is slow.
How do you think Nene would fit on the Spurs?
Nene is a better fit than Jefferson, but the issue is the age and money committed to Nene. He's still good, but he's going to be 31 later this year and there are already visible signs of his decline like his lack of lift.

It would also mean dealing Jackson and Splitter. Jackson is expiring and the only SF on the team other than Leonard. Splitter is younger (28) and should be more reasonably paid than Nene this summer as a restricted free agent. Not to mention trading for Nene hurts the Spurs' flexibility this summer in re-signing Ginobili, Neal (?) and anyone else.
Do the Spurs have anyone else making a good chunk of money that's expendable?
Diaw at $4.5 million and Bonner at $3.6 million this season.
I dont want Nene for those reasons listed plus the fact that hes not as good of a jump shooter as Jefferson is. I like being able to spread the floor with bigs, and Nene would hinder that. In regards to him being a black hole, he wont do that here. If he does he wont play. Pops not having it.

I dont want to see Splitter dealt at all honestly, hes a very valuable peice and has done nothing but get better with his increased minutes. My list of players who are indispensible outside of the stars are Splitter, Green, and Leonard. Anyone else can go.

That'd be a great trade for the Spurs, I agree, it'd make the front runners for the west now. Duncan and Jefferson in the front court :x

They'd be disgusting together. I actually thought Kaman and Dirk would be disgusting together. Guess, we'll have to wait till' next season.

Last edited:

4:35-10:00 David Locke (Jazz radio PBP guy) breaking down why the Spurs-Jazz trade rumor doesn't make sense for both teams.

Last edited:
Raptors need to pull it off

Lowry
Derozan
Gay
Boozer
Jonas

They would basically have no money tho :lol:

I don't want Bargnani.

Just play the year out with boozer, then amnesty him.

@CAGrizBlog Griz continue to field trade calls for Zach Randolph but have informed teams that they aren’t interested in moving the All Star forward
@CAGrizBlog ZBo was in trade talks earlier this season. Team brass told ZBo yesterday that he won’t be moved this season.Focus is on rallying the troops
@CAGrizBlog Only likely Griz move by Feb. 21 trade deadline is adding a big or shooter with trade exception. Even that is 50/50
@CAGrizBlog fwiw...Griz brass never told Gay he was on the market. Told him to keep playing and just be comfortable on the court.
Ric Bucher:
The Grizzlies are not done dealing, according to multiple sources -- they're just not looking to do any more stripping. The Grizzlies are far enough under the luxury tax that they're willing to utilize at least part of their $7.5 million trade exception to add some perimeter help. Acquiring SG Courtney Lee, who Boston would consider flipping for some frontline help, was discussed but the Celtics aren't looking just to drop salary but add size. That, of course, is if they continue their current run since Rajon Rondo went down; the winning streak apparently has GM Danny Ainge feeling an obligation to KG and Paul Pierce to give them whatever he can to take one more shot rather than move one of his veterans and begin rebuilding.
Sources: Bulls-Raptors deal not imminent

According to multiple news outlets, the Bulls have held exploratory trade talks with the Toronto Raptors surrounding Carlos Boozer and former No. 1 overall pick Andrea Bargnani.

League sources have confirmed to CSNChicago.com that the discussions did indeed take place, but as one person with knowledge of the situation said, "There's nothing to it. Nothing's going on."

However, another individual, who wasn't authorized to speak on behalf of either team, believes the proposed deal -- which would package Boozer and backup point guard Nate Robinson in exchange for Bargnani and former Bulls fan favorite John Lucas III -- is still on the table, though Toronto is hesitant to take on the remaining salary on Boozer's contract.

The Raptors are "100 percent committed to moving Bargnani," added the source, and were interested in trading the jump-shooting big man for disgruntled Lakers star Pau Gasol, until the former All-Star recently suffered a foot injury.

If Toronto cannot find another taker for Bargnani prior to the league's Feb. 21 trade deadline, they could revisit the Bulls' offer, which occurred a "week-and-a-half ago," according to the same person.

The front offices of the two respective teams have a recent history of dealing with each other, as the Raptors acquired former first-round pick James Johnson from the Bulls two seasons ago.

Swapping Boozer and Bargnani would help both teams avoid the luxury tax, with the Bulls acquiring cap space because Bargnani makes $10 million this season, $5 million less than Boozer's $15-million salary for the year.

Bryan Colangelo, Toronto's top executive, who is in the final year of his contract, recently acknowledged that Bargnani, who just returned to the Raptors' lineup from injury, is on the trading block.

Toronto also made the NBA's first blockbuster trade of the season by acquiring Rudy Gay from Memphis, while trading young big man Ed Davis to Memphis and sending longtime floor general Jose Calderon to Detroit.

The latter move has opened up playing time for Lucas, who was previously stuck as the Raptors' third-string point guard in a positional logjam.

ESPN.com first reported the trade discussions.
Link

Would be funny to see Bargs suddenly come in and become a lockdown defender grabbin 12 boards a night. If anyone could make him do that, it's Thibbs, but even he ain't that great. :lol:

Booze has been playin a lot better this year while Rose has been down, but I know what Booze will do come May, same as every other year of his career.

Thibodeau should be enshrined in the HOF if he gets Bargnani to rebound and defend at an average level.

He will get him to play defense but he wont be that good at it :lol:

hope that deal goes down, good for the Bulls IMO

Would be funny to see Bargs suddenly come in and become a lockdown defender grabbin 12 boards a night. If anyone could make him do that, it's Thibbs, but even he ain't that great. :lol:

Booze has been playin a lot better this year while Rose has been down, but I know what Booze will do come May, same as every other year of his career.

Don't ever see that happening with Bargs, ever :lol:

Grizz targeting Courtney Lee just like I thought.

Celtics want some size, but Memphis isn't moving Ed Davis or Darrell ARthur. So, a 3 team deal is ideal before the deadline. Memphis wants to use their one of their 7 trade exceptions.

Probably not. The franchise is in flux in a number of ways - don't know the owner, who the GM will be next year, who this year's GM is even making the moves for - so I doubt they'll make any franchise-changing moves.

Miller, who is the backup to Ty Lawson, said his career goal is to play 15 seasons in the NBA. Lawson is their point guard of the future and their starter of the present.

“I want more minutes,” Miller said. “If we were losing I would really be complaining. But it’s going as it goes.”

"I don't know how much longer they want me here. I definitely would like to contribute more,” Miller added when I asked if he wants to finish in Denver. “I’m not just going to sit back and settle in and be a backup and let my career just fade away. I’m competitive in that way.”
Link

Back
Top Bottom