2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

This guarantee stuff kills me.. I could tell you I'll stay then change my mind at any point.

Last edited:
Suns pursue trade for Knicks guard Iman Shumpert

As the Phoenix Suns try to reshuffle their roster for the future, their front office remains motivated to try to acquire New York Knicks guard Iman Shumpert, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Suns are willing to give New York a package that includes forward Jared Dudley and possibly a future first-round pick for Shumpert, but the Knicks have so far shown no inclination to do such a deal, sources said.

After tearing his left anterior cruciate ligament in the Knicks' opening game of last season's playoffs, Shumpert returned in January and has started the past 11 games. While Shumpert is still working himself back to the high level with which he performed as a rookie, the Knicks' front office remains a strong proponent of his talent, sources said.

After regretting they passed on Shumpert in the 2011 NBA draft, the Suns pushed the Knicks to include him in sign-and-trade scenarios discussed for Steve Nash in July. In the past week, the Suns have scouted Shumpert in person, sources said.

Dudley has three years and $12.8 million left on his contract, and has been available in trade talks, league sources said. He's averaging 11.8 points and 3.6 rebounds this season. Phoenix has also tried to move backup point guard Sebastian Telfair for a second-round pick, sources said.
Link

I'd take that Suns draft pick in a heartbeat. Knicks can pay that Dudley salary with ease.

Jared Dudley is an awful player. I will be devastated if we make that trade. Iman is our best defender too :smh:

Jared Dudley is an awful player. I will be devastated if we make that trade. Iman is our best defender too :smh:

Jared Dudley > Iman Shumpert.

I suggest you get familiar. Dudley on the Knicks (in comparison to Shump) makes them a better team.

Dudley is one of my boys from high school cousin and I haven't been impressed when I balled with him in person. The upside of iman is better than Dudleys and I've never seen Dudley play any defense.

Sixers PLEASE trade Turner, his inconsistency is just too annoying. Sometimes dude looks like he could be a star and then other times he looks like a complete bum. If Richardson was still healthy, I woulda wanted him gone too lol. WE NEED OFFENSE! lol

Dudley is one of my boys from high school cousin and I haven't been impressed when I balled with him in person. The upside of iman is better than Dudleys and I've never seen Dudley play any defense.

Then you haven't watched him play the last season and a half.

This Dudley talk reminded me that we haven't seen Channing Frye all season. Totally forgot about him. Had a problem with his heart or something?

Enlarged heart I think it was. I think I've seen him doing pre-game or game commentary for em this year.

The Dudley for Shump deal wouldn't favor NY at all.

To get to a championship teams need perimeter defenders and Shumpert can be that for the Knicks when he's 100% healthy. Bringing in Dudley just makes things worse.

Knicks are better off without Dudley. That Suns first round pick would be amazing though. Hows the draft looking like this season?

I wish the Bobcats would be more active. All of these people on the block would be great additions to the Bobcats. We could use Iman, Turner, Humphries, hell we could use anybody, this team is awful, i work across the street from the arena and have only been to one game and that is because i got free tickets. This team is just terrible.

I wish the Bobcats would be more active. All of these people on the block would be great additions to the Bobcats. We could use Iman, Turner, Humphries, hell we could use anybody, this team is awful, i work across the street from the arena and have only been to one game and that is because i got free tickets. This team is just terrible.

Trust Rich Cho. MJ told him to be aggressive so we'll see. His whole method is constantly acquire assets

99% of basketball players in America must not impress you

Sources: Nets covet Josh Smith

The Brooklyn Nets are aggressively pursuing a trade for Atlanta Hawks star forward Josh Smith, league sources told ESPN.

The two teams are engaged in discussions, but one source said while "there has been lots of talk, nothing is close yet."

As the NBA's Feb. 21 trade deadline nears, Brooklyn is proving to be one of the most active teams in the league. As reported by ESPN.com on Friday, sources said the Nets also are talking with the Charlotte Bobcats about a Kris Humphries-for-Ben Gordon trade.

While the Nets certainly want Gordon, sources said acquiring Smith is their higher priority. A trade for Smith would seemingly kill a deal for Gordon, because Humphries is one of the players being discussed with Atlanta.

The Nets are willing to give up Humphries and second-year shooting guard MarShon Brooks for Smith. But it almost certainly will take more than a Humphries-Brooks combination to pry Smith away from Atlanta, and one source said the Hawks want Brooklyn's first-round pick.

Some scenarios that have been discussed include the Hawks' Anthony Morrow, who played the past two seasons with the Nets, returning to the club.

ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported Saturday that the Hawks want a young center in return for Smith.

The Nets may have to get a third team involved to pull off a trade for Smith.

Smith will become a free agent this summer, and Atlanta is deciding whether to trade him before the deadline. One source close to the situation estimated there is a 60 percent chance the Hawks will move him.

If the Hawks don't trade Smith, they risk losing him for nothing as a free agent. Atlanta could re-sign Smith, but he wants close to maximum-salary money, if not the max.

One school of thought has the Hawks keeping Smith in order to make themselves more attractive to Smith's longtime friend and fellow Atlanta native, Dwight Howard.

Howard, who is struggling through a nightmarish season with the Los Angeles Lakers, will become a free agent this summer, and Atlanta will join Dallas and Houston in offering him a max-salary contract. Sources have said Howard has little interest in playing in Atlanta.
Link

It's looking like Eric Gordon may be moved if the price is right. I think Chicago would be a good fit. EG and Aminu for Deng and Rip works money wise. The former AAU tandem of Eric and Derrick would be exciting, as long as they both stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom