2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

I'm saying... Woods got like 4 inches on moss.
laugh.gif
that plus the difference in forty times.

please dear lord baby jesus let these 2 things happen:
[h1]Giants thinking LB, Te'o in play[/h1]
Views3294Comments22
06:53 AM ET 04.25 | Many NFL players weren't even born the last time the Giants last used their first-round pick on a linebacker. On Thursday night, that may begin to change. There are many people in the NFL who seem certain that the Giants will take a linebacker in the first round of the draft, 19th overall. If they do, it would be the first time they use their first-round pick on a player at that position since they took Carl Banks third overall way back in 1984. ... This year they should have a shot at several highly rated linebackers, including Notre Dame's Manti Te'o and Georgia's Alec Ogletree. Georgia's Jarvis Jones has an outside chance of sliding to 19.

New York Daily News

The NFP previews five players who could be surprising first round picks. Russ Lande

April 24, 2013 ShareThis Button BEGIN ShareThis Button END Print This

#sharebox{ left:auto; margin-bottom:6px; margin-right:auto; clear:both; /*Personal styling here*/ text-align:center; /*border:1px solid #000000;*/ /*background:#F1F1F1;*/ border: 1px solid #cdcdcd; } #shareDiv{ font-size:1.5em; }#verticalbuttons{padding:10px;background: -moz-linear-gradient(left center , #FFFFFF 85%, #DBDBDB 100%) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left,white 85%,#DBDBDB 100%);background: -o-linear-gradient(left,white 85%,#DBDBDB 100%);background: -ms-linear-gradient(left,white 85%,#DBDBDB 100%);background: linear-gradient(left,white 85%,#DBDBDB 100%);background: linear-gradient(left, #ffffff 0%,#dbdbdb 50%,#dbdbdb 97%); /* W3C */filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#ffffff', endColorstr='#dbdbdb',GradientType=1 );/*background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #119966 0%, #056D2D 48%, #008553 100%); background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#119966), color-stop(48%,#056D2D), color-stop(100%,#008553));filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#119966', endColorstr='#008553',GradientType=0 );*/}#horizontalbuttons{padding:10px;background:#F1F1F1;} .shareboxVertFixed{ width:80px; position:fixed; } .shareboxVertNonFixed{ width:80px; position:absolute; } .shareboxHori{ position:relative; /* top:auto; */ /*width:500px;*/ } .div.cblock{ overflow:visible; } if (typeof(stlib) == "undefined") { var stlib = {}; }stlib.scroller = { options : {leftMarginIE : -92, // The left margin (in case of IE7)leftMargin : -92, // The left marginstartTop : 425, // The starting position (from the top)startLeft : 0, // The starting position (from the left)widthLimit : 1100, // The width threshold before vertical changes to horizontalheightLimit : 419 // The height threshold before vertical is fixed},timeOut : null,shiftButtons : function() { var sharebox = document.getElementById('sharebox');// Go horiif(document.documentElement.clientWidth<stlib.scroller.options.widthLimit){//sharebox.setAttribute('class', 'shareboxHori');sharebox.className='shareboxHori';sharebox.style.marginLeft="0px";sharebox.style.left="0px";sharebox.style.top="0px";document.getElementById('verticalbuttons').style.display='none';document.getElementById('horizontalbuttons').style.display='block';}// Go Vertelse {var pageInfo = stlib.scroller.pageSize();if (pageInfo.scrY > stlib.scroller.options.heightLimit) {//sharebox.setAttribute('class', 'shareboxVertFixed');sharebox.className='shareboxVertFixed';sharebox.style.top="10px";}else{//sharebox.setAttribute('class', 'shareboxVertNonFixed');sharebox.className='shareboxVertNonFixed';sharebox.style.top=stlib.scroller.options.startTop+"px";}sharebox.style.marginLeft=(navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE 7.0") !=-1) ? (stlib.scroller.options.leftMarginIE+"px") : (stlib.scroller.options.leftMargin+"px");sharebox.style.left="auto";document.getElementById('verticalbuttons').style.display='block';document.getElementById('horizontalbuttons').style.display='none';}},pageSize : function() {var pScroll = [0,0,0,0];var scX=0;var scY=0;var winX=0;var winY=0;if (typeof(window.pageYOffset) == 'number') {//Netscape compliantscX=window.pageXOffset;scY=window.pageYOffset;} else if (document.body && (document.body.scrollLeft || document.body.scrollTop)) {//DOM compliantscX=document.body.scrollLeft;scY=document.body.scrollTop;} else if (document.documentElement && (document.documentElement.scrollLeft || document.documentElement.scrollTop)) {//IE6 standards compliant modescX=document.documentElement.scrollLeft;scY=document.documentElement.scrollTop;}if (window.innerWidth) {winX=window.innerWidth;winY=window.innerHeight;}else if (document.documentElement.offsetWidth) {winX= document.documentElement.offsetWidth;winY=document.documentElement.offsetHeight;}pScroll={scrX:scX,scrY:scY,width:winX,height:winY};//console.log(pScroll);return pScroll;}};window.onresize = function(){ if(stlib.scroller.timeOut != null) clearTimeout(stlib.scroller.timeOut); setTimeout(stlib.scroller.shiftButtons, 500);};if (typeof(window.addEventListener) != 'undefined') {window.addEventListener("scroll",function(){stlib.scroller.shiftButtons();}, false);} else if (typeof(document.addEventListener) != 'undefined') {document.addEventListener("scroll", function(){stlib.scroller.shiftButtons();}, false);} else if (typeof window.attachEvent != 'undefined') {window.attachEvent("onscroll", function(){stlib.scroller.shiftButtons();});}stlib.scroller.shiftButtons();

Over the last month, we have been inundated with many mock drafts and one constant is the approximate 25 players who are almost always listed as likely first round picks. With the 2013 NFL Draft tomorrow, we take a look at five prospects that could be surprise first round draft picks.

1. Sanders Commings, CB, Georgia, Senior (6001, 216 and 4.42): While Dee Milliner and Xavier Rhodes have long been expected to be first round picks, in the last month Desmond Trufant and DJ Hayden have gained traction to likely join them. However, one player that has not received much publicity, but could sneak into the bottom of the first round is Georgia cornerback Sanders Commings. Although his play at Georgia was inconsistent at times, there are few cornerbacks, if any in this year’s draft, with the combination of size and athleticism that Commings possesses. With very good height and a muscular build, he has the look of a safety, but he has the exceptional football quickness, hips and rare speed that are usually reserved for 5’9 cornerbacks. When he is focused, he is excellent in all types of coverage and has the ball skills to make plays on the ball with shocking ease. Overall, Commings’ on field play warrants more of a second / third round selection, but his rare physical gifts could lead to him being picked in the final 10 picks of the first round because of his upside and potential.

JHANKINS.jpg
US PRESSWIREOhio State defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins works along the LOS to try and catch Denard Robinson.

2. Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State, Junior (6027, 320 and 5.30): In a year with so many elite defensive tackle prospects, Hankins has generally slid under the radar, but there is no doubt that he has the physical talent to warrant being a first round pick. A big defensive tackle, Hankins almost looks thin for his height, but still has the strength to dominate blocks at the point of attack. Even when he does not make the play, Hankins has consistently shown the ability to tie up offensive lineman and anchor at the point of attack. Even more impressive than his strength, is his ability to defeat blocks when he plays with leverage and aggressiveness along with his speed chasing down and finishing plays. The issue I have with Hankins is that he does not play with the intensity or aggressiveness on every snap necessary to be the dominant player he has the talent to be. While I believe his on field play warrant second round draft consideration, defensive tackles with his talent and versatility to excel at any defensive line position in a 34 defense and as a power defensive tackle in a 43 scheme give him excellent value and make him a potential late first round pick.

3. Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma, Senior (6042, 225 and 5.12): Definitely the quarterback I had the hardest time assigning an appropriate grade, there has been some “buzz” surrounding Jones the last few weeks. Based just on the notes I took when evaluating Jones I would assign him a third round grade due to his streaky play. However, while evaluating his play I charted out every pass he threw in the 2012 games I evaluated and when I plugged the results into the computer he ended up as the number two ranked quarterback with a first round grade. Jones has a big time arm to easily make every NFL with zip and when he is on he can be an extremely accurate passer. Standing strong in the pocket, Jones was able to make strong, accurate throws as the pressure closed in on him. Having played in Oklahoma’s offense which does not require the complex adjustments of an NFL offense, Jones will need time to adjust to making all the protection calls/adjustments that an NFL offense requires. With questions surrounding many of the quarterbacks this year, more than one NFL source has told me that Jones is one of the top three quarterbacks in their team’s draft boards. While I still would bet on Jones being a second round pick, there is little question he could end up being one of the final ten picks in the first round as quarterbacks with high end physical talent usually go higher than their on field production.

4. Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama, Senior (6033, 323 and 5.20 E): For whatever reason, Williams has not received the publicity of an elite player, but it was clear from early in the first game evaluating him that he is a legit high end player with excellent NFL potential. Possessing rare playing strength, Williams makes it look simple anchoring vs run blocks, double team run blocks and can jolt and drive pass blocker backwards as if he is on skates. Still learning the nuances of playing American Football, Williams often does not make as many plays as he is physically capable of and is more of a disrupter than play-maker. I believe this is due to his lack of experience playing American football and raw technique. As the premier defensive tackles come off the board fast in this draft, I expect some team will reach out and pluck him in the first round; especially a team that plays a 34 defense because I am confident he can be a dominant nose tackle or defensive end in that scheme.

Woods.jpg
US PRESSWIREUSC receiver Robert Woods turns up the field running with the ball.

5. Robert Woods, WR, USC, Junior (6003, 201 and 4.51): With all the receiver talk centering around the rare physical talents of Cordarrelle Patterson and Tavon Austin and the disappointing Pro Day workout of Keenan Allen, Woods has continued to be dramatically under-rated. At 6’0, with a solid build and running excellent routes, Woods has the deceptive quickness and burst to easily get separation from the best cornerbacks. Not only a sharp route runner, but also a smart receiver who is easily able to identify holes in zone/off coverage, sits down in them and works back to the QB when needed, Woods consistently makes tough catches in key situations. Although 40 times seem to carry an inordinate amount of influence when receivers are broken down, Woods is a much more polished receiver than Patterson and Austin. It is clear that Woods will at worst be selected in the second round; I believe he should be selected by one of the bottom five or eight teams looking for a “plug and play” receiver.

Email Russ at [email protected] and Follow Russ on Twitter @RUSSLANDE

Last edited:
also please let this happen AND it not be the eagles who trade up to get him:
[h1]NFL Draft 2013: Buzz Building For EJ Manuel as a Top 20 Selection[/h1]
Apr 24th, 2013 at 2:20 pmby Josh SanchezNFL Draft

Jan 26, 2013; Mobile, AL, USA; Senior Bowl south squad quarterback E.J. Manuel of Florida State (3) against the Senior Bowl north squad during the second half of the Senior Bowl at Ladd-Peebles Stadium. The South squad defeated the North squad 21-16. Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports

The buzz has been building surrounding former Florida State quarterback E.J. Manuel, so it should come as no surprise that there are reports he could be selected in the top twenty of the 2013 NFL Draft, which kicks off Thursday night at Radio City Music Hall.

We have been hearing the first-round buzz for quite some time and this doesn’t appear to be a smokescreen.

Quarterbacks often are selected higher than anticipated because of the value of the position. There is a very good chance Manuel will be the third signal-caller selected and he may even be the second after Ryan Nassib.

With his mobility and strong arm, Manuel has the natural talent and upside that evaluators look for in a future franchise quarterback. If guys like Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder and Jake Locker can go early in the draft, there is no reason to believe Manuel doesn’t have the makings of a top twenty pick.

The truth is that none of us really know where the quarterbacks will fall this year, but it’s beginning to look more and more like you can lock Manuel in to the first-round.

Jay Glazer, Mike Mayock, Ian Rapoport, Jason La Canfora, and Albert Breer are all now predicting #Chiefs take Eric Fisher at No. 1.

"WalterFootball.com has heard that the Raiders plan on drafting one of the elite left tackles if they fall to their pick at No. 3 overall. Oakland feels Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel or Central Michigan's Eric Fisher are too good to pass up. Drafting one of them would give them bookend offensive tackles with Jared Veldheer and shore up their offensive line." - Charlie Campbell

Charley Casserly was adamant that the Raiders don't want Sharrif Floyd, citing multiple sources.

"Word from few people today is Oakland Raiders may have a trade in place to move down a few slots if either Joeckel/Fisher lands in their lap." - Tony Pauline. I'd guess it's either the Lions or Dolphins.

"Two independent NFL insiders told The Inquirer that the new Birds coach has zeroed in on Johnson even if top-rated tackles Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher are on the board." - Jeff McLane, Philadelphia Inquirer

"LJ, Jordan my top-2 at #4" - Adam Caplan

According to ESPN's John Clayton, the Vikings "would like to find a way" to take Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o in first round.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m

The #Vikings and #Bears love Manti Te'o. If Minnesota wants to grab him, they'll need to jump up over Chicago. That's what they plan to do

Last edited:
possibly already posted, didnt see it though:

jags1_crop_exact.png

from a day or two ago :lol:

Last edited:
^ as told a couple of the fellahs in my office the other day when they emailed that pic around:

to be fair, they really only have to list 2 names.. and wait to see IF kc takes either of them..

unless they trade out of 2.. and at that point they better start figuring something out

who knows, maybe they want to keep things simple and not have a ton of dudes throwing out opinions when it comes time for them to make their picks..

could be worse, could be like dallas where the owner (not the GM and/or scouts) is the one sitting their making the decisions (like picking a certain runningback from his alma mater when they clearly had no need for a RB)

Last edited:
Code:
Y?

Not questioning.. Just want to hear your opinion

He is going to get eaten alive by blockers in the NFL. He already was getting ate up half the time in college by guys who aren't even going to see the NFL. He isn't Von Miller. He isn't Wagner. There's guys you can find as OLB's in the 2nd and 3rd round that will be better players than him.

Giants are not taking Teo
laugh.gif
, if they go Linebacker I see Ogletree before him.
i would love for it to happen..

but i would rather have the following inside linebackers over him (some based on where i would be able to get them in the draft):

arthur brown

minter

ogletree

reddick

bostic

alonso

and klein

startclickprintexclude
Template Id = 4881 Template Name = HTML Blank Ad ADID: 211330972
endclickprintexclude
Don Banks>INSIDE THE NFL

More ColumnsEmail Don Banks
startclickprintexcludediv.cnnLine1 { height:19px; padding:0!important; }div.cnnLine1Text { float:left; height : 13px; margin-top:5px; }div.cnnLine1 iframe { border:none; overflow:hidden; width:90px; height:20px; display:inline; margin-top:3px; }img.cnnGrayArrow { margin: 0 2px 10px 0!important; } endclickprintexcludestartclickprintexclude
gray_on_white_4x8.gif
endclickprintexclude

Don Banks' MailbagSubmit a comment or question to Don Banks.
NameEmailHometown

Question

[table][tr][td][h1]2013 NFL Mock Draft 7.0[/h1][/td][/tr][/table]

startclickprintexclude
.ie7 .small-buttons .cnnItem2 { display:none }.ie7 .large-buttons .wdt_button {margin-top:8px;margin-bottom:18px}.ie7 .small-buttons .wdt_button_min {width:108px;}.ie7 .wdt_button_min #share_popup { left:46px; }.ie7 #share_popup li img { margin-top:0; }

inShare

inShare0

endclickprintexclude
startclickprintexclude
textsize_minus_d.gif
textsize_minus_l.gif

textsize_plus_d.gif
textsize_plus_l.gif

endclickprintexclude
startclickprintexclude
130425113307-matt-barkley1-single-image-cut.jpg

A possible No. 1 pick at the start of 2012, Matt Barkley's draft stock has been a rollercoaster since.

Jeff Lewis/Icon SMI
endclickprintexclude
Stuff we're hearing as my final mock gets put to bed and the first round of the NFL Draft mercifully approaches:
startclickprintexcludeendclickprintexclude
• Most everybody in the league now thinks the top three offensive tackle prospects -- Eric Fisher, Luke Joeckel and Lane Johnson -- will go in the top five, meaning trades by No. 6 Cleveland, No. 11 San Diego and No. 12 are much less likely.
• The 49ers and Falcons are among the teams that want to move up in the right scenario (I have both doing so in this, my last mock attempt), while the two-pick teams like the Jets, Rams and Vikings are open to moving down with one of their selections (see below).
• There's going to be a run on cornerbacks starting somewhere in the mid-to-late 20s, and it'll extend well into the second round.
• The Browns have been focused this offseason on getting tougher as a team across the board, but in the final analysis, I have them going for a franchise quarterback in Geno Smith in the first round. Maybe a small part of the reasoning is taking Smith will be a useful distraction from the fact owner Jimmy Haslam's other business is under investigation.
• Prospects like Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree and Cal receiver Keenan Allen are falling, while playmakers like West Virginia's Tavon Austin and Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert are rising.
• When the smoke clears late Thursday night, quarterbacks Geno Smith and Matt Barkley will definitely be in the first round, with a decent likelihood of Ryan Nassib and maybe even E.J. Manuel joining them. (Editor's Note: Watch Don Banks and Andrew Perloff discuss the hottest draft topics on our Thursday draft show live on SI.com at 3 p.m.)

<!--.analysis { font-family:verdana;font-weight:none; font-size: 12px; line-height: 17px; color: #000; padding-left: 6px;padding-right: 6px; padding-top: 4px;padding-bottom: 4px;vertical-align:middle;text-align:left; border-bottom: solid 0px #ddd; border-right: solid 0px #ddd; border-left: solid 0px #ddd; background-color: #fff;text-decoration:none;}.links1 { font-family:verdana;font-weight:bold; font-size: 18px; line-height: 20px; color: #fff; padding-left: 6px;padding-right: 6px; padding-top: 4px;padding-bottom: 4px;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center; border-bottom: solid 1px #333; border-right: solid 0px #ddd; border-left: solid 0px #ddd; background-color: #333;text-decoration:none;}.links2 { font-family:verdana;font-weight:bold; font-size: 12px; line-height: 17px; color: #333; padding-left: 6px;padding-right: 6px; padding-top: 4px;padding-bottom: 4px;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center; background-color: #fff; border-top: solid 1px #ddd;}.links2 A:link, .links2 A:visited {color: #333;text-decoration:none;}.links2 A:hover {color:#333;text-decoration:none;}.draft-pick { font-family:arial;font-weight:bold; font-size: 54px; line-height: 54px; color: #fff; padding-left: 4px;padding-right: 4px; padding-top: 0px;padding-bottom: 0px;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center; border-bottom: solid 0px #ddd; border-left: solid 0px #ddd; border-right: solid 0px #fff; background-color: #333;text-decoration:none;}.team-logo { font-family:verdana;font-weight:bold; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; color: #666; padding-left: 4px;padding-right: 4px; padding-top: 0px;padding-bottom: 0px; ; vertical-align:middle;text-align:center; border-bottom: solid 0px #ddd; border-right: solid 0px #ddd; background-color: #333;text-decoration:none;}.player-position { font-family:verdana;font-weight:bold; font-size: 30px; line-height: 30px; color: #e7e7e7; padding-left: 5px;padding-right: 5px;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center; border-bottom: solid 0px #ddd; border-right: solid 0px #ddd; border-left: solid 0px #ddd; background-color: #333;text-decoration:none;}.player-name { font-family:verdana;font-weight:bold; font-size: 30px; line-height: 36px; color: #fff; padding-left: 5px;padding-right: 0px;vertical-align:middle;text-align:left; border-bottom: solid 1px #666; border-right: solid 0px #ddd; border-left: solid 0px #ddd; background-color: #333;text-decoration:none;}.player-college { font-family:verdana;font-weight:none; font-size: 18px; line-height: 18px; color: #e7e7e7; padding-left: 5px;padding-right: 5px;vertical-align:middle;text-align:left; border-bottom: solid 0px #ddd; border-right: solid 0px #ddd; border-left: solid 0px #ddd; background-color: #333;text-decoration:none;}.college-logo { padding-left: 2px;padding-right: 2px; padding-top: 2px;padding-bottom: 2px;vertical-align:bottom;text-align:center; background-color: #333;}.photo { padding-left: 2px;padding-right: 4px; padding-top: 6px;padding-bottom: 6px;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center; border-bottom: solid 0px #666; background-color: #333;}.spacer { background-color: #333; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 6px; padding-right: 6px; font-size: 4px;}.spacer2 { padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px; font-size: 0px;}.spacer3 { background-color: #333; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 1px; font-size: 0px;}.container { vertical-align:middle; text-align:left; background-color: #fff; border-right: solid 1px #ddd;}--> topper [table][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /topper PICK 1 [tr][td][table][tr][td]1[/td][td]
chiefs_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Eric Fisher[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT[/td][td]
centmi_40.png
[/td][td]Central Michigan
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-7
130402.02.png
306[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.06.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]I've had Fisher to the Chiefs since my 5.0 mock, and while there were times this week where I read the tea leaves in favor of Luke Joeckel to K.C., that's not where the eagle finally landed. If the Chiefs can't move Branden Albert to Miami, Fisher might be a better short-term fit than Joeckel at right tackle. In an unpredictable draft, we might as well start the unpredictability right at the top.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 1 PICK 2 [tr][td][table][tr][td]2[/td][td]
jaguars_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Luke Joeckel[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT[/td][td]
texam_40.png
[/td][td]Texas A&M
Jr.
130402.02.png
6-6
130402.02.png
306[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.02.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]I've been led to believe first-time Jaguars GM David Caldwell will not take chances with the first pick he ever makes for the franchise. He's looking for a cornerstone player in this slot, and that spells going with the guy who has looked like Mr. Clean since January, even though the defense needs an impact player.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 2 PICK 3 [tr][td][table][tr][td]3[/td][td]
raiders_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Sharrif Floyd[/td][/tr][tr][td]DT[/td][td]
florid_40.png
[/td][td]Florida
Jr.
130402.02.png
6-3
130402.02.png
297[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.04.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]The teams that want the third offensive tackle, Oklahoma's Lane Johnson, could give the Raiders the ability to trade down, perhaps still getting Floyd at a lower slot. But if Oakland sticks, the big ex-Gator still makes the most sense for a Raiders defensive line that is devoid of talent in the middle.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 3 PICK 4 [tr][td][table][tr][td]4[/td][td]
eagles_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Star Lotulelei[/td][/tr][tr][td]DT[/td][td]
utah_40.png
[/td][td]Utah
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-3
130402.02.png
320[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.10.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Again, if Lane Johnson remains available, the Eagles should have trade options, or could even take the athletically freakish ex-Sooner themselves. But Philly has been focused on finding talent to make the transition to a 3-4 defense work, and Lotulelei is the best available Vince Wilfork-type cog among the defensive linemen.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 4 PICK 5 [tr][td][table][tr][td]5[/td][td]
lions_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Lane Johnson[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT[/td][td]
okla_40.png
[/td][td]Oklahoma
Jr.
130402.02.png
6-6
130402.02.png
303[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.11.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]The Lions are said to be captivated by BYU defensive end Ziggy Ansah and I'm sure new defensive line coach Jim Washburn will be furiously lobbying for him. But Detroit's need at offensive tackle should win out, and logically that tips the scale in favor of Johnson.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 5 PICK 6 [tr][td][table][tr][td]6[/td][td]
browns_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Geno Smith[/td][/tr][tr][td]QB[/td][td]
wvu_40.png
[/td][td]West Virginia
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-2
130402.02.png
218[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.03.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]I really don't know where else to put the draft's consensus top-rated quarterback. The Browns definitely covet him, but I don't think they wanted to take him at No. 6. The problem is, with all three offensive tackles gone, their chances of moving down to No. 11 or 12 and getting him there just evaporated. I've been told Cleveland isn't going cornerback in this slot, so if it's not Smith, the pick is likely Oregon outside linebacker Dion Jordan.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 6 PICK 7 [tr][td][table][tr][td]7[/td][td]
cardinals_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Ziggy Ansah[/td][/tr][tr][td]DE[/td][td]
byu_40.png
[/td][td]BYU
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-5
130402.02.png
271[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.31.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]The Cardinals didn't really expect to have Ansah fall in their laps, but they're not unhappy about the development whatsoever. Arizona might have trade-down options from teams that want one of the draft's best pass rushers, but they won't get a deal that they can't say no to.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 7 PICK 8 [tr][td][table][tr][td]8[/td][td]
bills_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Tavon Austin[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]
wvu_40.png
[/td][td]West Virginia
Sr.
130402.02.png
5-9
130402.02.png
174[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.16.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]All day Wednesday I was convinced the Bills had to take Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib at No. 8 or risk losing out on him altogether. Then the Matt Barkley-to-the-Bills chatter started percolating. More on that later. For now, in a draft woefully thin on offensive playmakers in the top 10, Austin is a weapon who will make any Bills starting quarterback look and play better.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 8 PICK 9 [tr][td][table][tr][td]9[/td][td]
49ers_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Dee Milliner[/td][/tr][tr][td]CB[/td][td]
alabam_40.png
[/td][td]Alabama
Jr.
130402.02.png
6-0
130402.02.png
201[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.07.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Acquired from Jets. I'm connecting some dots here, but the 49ers are talking trade up with teams high in the round, and we know they think Milliner can help a secondary that was San Francisco's defensive weak link last season. The Jets love and need Milliner as well, but New York has multiple holes, believes it's a deep draft (especially at cornerback), and is willing to move out of the top 10 in order to hasten its rebuilding program.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 9 PICK 10 [tr][td][table][tr][td]10[/td][td]
titans_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Dion Jordan[/td][/tr][tr][td]DE/OLB[/td][td]
oregon_40.png
[/td][td]Oregon
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-6
130402.02.png
248[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.05.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]The Titans would have their pick between top-rated guards Chance Warmack and Jonathan Cooper, but Jordan is potentially too special in the pass-rush department to pass up. Tennessee is convinced the guard market doesn't have a severe drop-off in the second round, but premiere defensive talents are never plentiful.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 10 PICK 11 [tr][td][table][tr][td]11[/td][td]
chargers_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Jonathan Cooper[/td][/tr][tr][td]OG[/td][td]
unc_40.png
[/td][td]North Carolina
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-2
130402.02.png
311[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.18.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]The Chargers could be on the move up if Lane Johnson lingers past No. 5 Detroit, but if they stay at No. 11, San Diego would take Cooper and still address its glaring need to add quality to an offensive line that resembled a disaster site last season.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 11 PICK 12 [tr][td][table][tr][td]12[/td][td]
dolphins_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Tyler Eifert[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE[/td][td]
notred_40.png
[/td][td]Notre Dame
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-5
130402.02.png
250[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.25.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]There are so many ways the Dolphins could go, with cornerback Xavier Rhodes or offensive tackle D.J. Fluker representing the most conventional picks. But in a division where the Patriots' double-tight end look changed the paradigm, Eifert gives Miami a weapon to compete with. And besides, the Dolphins think the hated Jets might take him at No. 13, and who wants to give them that satisfaction?[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 12 PICK 13 [tr][td][table][tr][td]13[/td][td]
jets_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Barkevious Mingo[/td][/tr][tr][td]DE/OLB[/td][td]
lsu_40.png
[/td][td]LSU
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-4
130402.02.png
241[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.15.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Well, at least we were prescient about the Revis trade going down before the draft, despite all the hand-wringing reports about the Bucs' impatience and the Jets pressing the "pause button." We have the Jets trading out of their No. 9 slot with San Francisco, so that means Mingo should make for a fairly easy card to turn in. Unless Houston cornerback D.J. Hayden is New York's surprise choice.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 13 PICK 14 [tr][td][table][tr][td]14[/td][td]
panthers_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Sheldon Richardson[/td][/tr][tr][td]DT[/td][td]
missou_40.png
[/td][td]Missouri
Jr.
130402.02.png
6-2
130402.02.png
294[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.14.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]The Panthers sit tight and watch a player they like and need come to them, as many presumed he would for months now. Richardson is an explosive and athletic play-maker who should upgrade one of the weakest units on Carolina's depth chart.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 14 PICK 15 [tr][td][table][tr][td]15[/td][td]
saints_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Kenny Vaccaro[/td][/tr][tr][td]S[/td][td]
texas_40.png
[/td][td]Texas
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-0
130402.02.png
214[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.22.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]With both Roman Harper and Malcolm Jenkins leaving a lot to be desired at safety, the Saints would be giddy to see Vaccaro last until their pick comes up. Alabama offensive tackle D.J. Fluker has to be considered another need-based possibility.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 15 PICK 16 [tr][td][table][tr][td]16[/td][td]
rams_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Chance Warmack[/td][/tr][tr][td]OG[/td][td]
alabam_40.png
[/td][td]Alabama
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-2
130402.02.png
317[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130403.08.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]This is considerably lower than we've had Warmack in any of our mocks, but events conspired to push the talented Crimson Tider down to mid-round. The Rams would pounce on Vaccaro if he gets past No. 15 New Orleans, but they won't complain about getting an elite player like Warmack in such a value slot.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 16 PICK 17 [tr][td][table][tr][td]17[/td][td]
steelers_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Jarvis Jones[/td][/tr][tr][td]OLB[/td][td]
georgi_40.png
[/td][td]Georgia
Jr.
130402.02.png
6-2
130402.02.png
245[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.20.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]The Steelers defense thrives in part due to play-making linebackers off the edge in the 3-4. Some in the league think Jones is a one-speed player who won't be able to replicate his SEC success in the NFL, but he does appear to possess a skill set the Steelers need.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 17 PICK 18 [tr][td][table][tr][td]18[/td][td]
cowboys_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]D.J. Fluker[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT[/td][td]
alabam_40.png
[/td][td]Alabama
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-5
130402.02.png
339[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.21.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]The Cowboys clearly could use another offensive tackle, and Fluker is a top-12 talent in the estimation of many. All I know is that if longtime Cowboys personnel executive Gil Brandt thinks Fluker belongs with Dallas in his mock, that's good enough for me.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 18 PICK 19 [tr][td][table][tr][td]19[/td][td]
giants_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Tank Carradine[/td][/tr][tr][td]DE[/td][td]
flast_40.png
[/td][td]Florida State
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-4
130402.02.png
276[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130403.05.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]The Giants are definitely one of the teams most interested in Carradine, and he does fit their profile of never shying away from first-round pass rushers. Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree is another sensible and available option, but word is his stock is dropping as draft night approaches.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 19 PICK 20 [tr][td][table][tr][td]20[/td][td]
bears_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Manti Te'o[/td][/tr][tr][td]LB[/td][td]
notred_40.png
[/td][td]Notre Dame
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-1
130402.02.png
241[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.19.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]With Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert off the board, the Bears could opt for a cornerback like Desmond Trufant or D.J. Hayden. But Te'o to the Bears seems to be gaining momentum and the move would fill the Brian Urlacher vacancy long term. Keeping him away from the division rival Vikings would be a bonus.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 20 PICK 21 [tr][td][table][tr][td]21[/td][td]
bengals_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Eric Reid[/td][/tr][tr][td]S[/td][td]
lsu_40.png
[/td][td]LSU
Jr.
130402.02.png
6-1
130402.02.png
213[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130425.02.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]The Bengals would consider it a dream scenario if Kenny Vaccaro gets to No. 21, but there's real depth at safety in the second half of the first round, and Reid appears to be their choice over Florida International's Johnathan Cyprien.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 21 PICK 22 [tr][td][table][tr][td]22[/td][td]
falcons_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Bjoern Werner[/td][/tr][tr][td]DE[/td][td]
flast_40.png
[/td][td]Florida State
Jr.
130402.02.png
6-3
130402.02.png
266[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.13.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Acquired from Rams. The Falcons need cornerback help, but they also are open to moving into the low 20s range to get a defensive end who can boost their flagging pass rush. The Rams are willing to move out of the No. 22 spot because, with Reid gone, they're not sure the likes of Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree or Florida International safety Johnathan Cyprien are worth the value of the slot.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 22 PICK 23 [tr][td][table][tr][td]23[/td][td]
vikings_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Cordarrelle Patterson[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]
tenn_40.png
[/td][td]Tennessee
Jr.
130402.02.png
6-2
130402.02.png
216[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.17.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]The Vikings take something of a chance on a player with maturity issues, but one who has rare abilities to stretch the field and make big plays, elevating the quick-strike capacity of the entire offense.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 23 PICK 24 [tr][td][table][tr][td]24[/td][td]
colts_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Sylvester Williams[/td][/tr][tr][td]DT[/td][td]
unc_40.png
[/td][td]North Carolina
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-3
130402.02.png
313[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.23.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Colts GM Ryan Grigson stands pat and lets the draft come to him, pocketing a still-ascending talent in Williams who can penetrate, find the ballcarrier and hold the point of attack.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 24 PICK 25 [tr][td][table][tr][td]25[/td][td]
bills_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Matt Barkley[/td][/tr][tr][td]QB[/td][td]
usc_40.png
[/td][td]USC
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-2
130402.02.png
227[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130425.03.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td](Acquired from Vikings.) The Bills get their first-round quarterback, but not the one we first presumed. Dealing for the second Vikings' first-rounder, Buffalo bypasses Syracuse's Ryan Nassib and makes the bet that Barkley's junior season was the real deal.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 25 PICK 26 [tr][td][table][tr][td]26[/td][td]
packers_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Justin Pugh[/td][/tr][tr][td]OT[/td][td]
syracu_40.png
[/td][td]Syracuse
Jr.
130402.02.png
6-4
130402.02.png
307[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130425.04.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]The always quiet Packers were hoping to hide in the weeds and snag Pugh when their turn came around. If he's gone, SMU defensive end Margus Hunt and Purdue defensive tackle Kawann Short are viable options.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 26 PICK 27 [tr][td][table][tr][td]27[/td][td]
texans_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Justin Hunter[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td][td]
tenn_40.png
[/td][td]Tennessee
Jr.
130402.02.png
6-4
130402.02.png
196[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130424.05.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]The Texans get their No. 2 receiving threat to help draw coverage away from Andre Johnson. Clemson's DeAndre Hopkins is the other strong consideration for Houston.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 27 PICK 28 [tr][td][table][tr][td]28[/td][td]
broncos_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Xavier Rhodes[/td][/tr][tr][td]CB[/td][td]
flast_40.png
[/td][td]Florida State
Jr.
130402.02.png
6-2
130402.02.png
210[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.12.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Without a defensive end that makes sense for them, the Broncos turn their attention to finding Champ Bailey's eventual replacement at cornerback. Rhodes is a mid-round talent who could easily linger this long on the board.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 28 PICK 29 [tr][td][table][tr][td]29[/td][td]
patriots_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]D.J. Hayden[/td][/tr][tr][td]CB[/td][td]
houst_40.png
[/td][td]Houston
Sr.
130402.02.png
5-11
130402.02.png
191[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130410.02.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]The kid with the miracle story from 2012 on the health front joins a Patriots secondary that is seemingly always in need of an upgrade. The Patriots could always look to bail out for a team trying to move up and land a quarterback (Jacksonville for Ryan Nassib? Philadelphia for E.J. Manuel?), but if they sit tight, cornerback or receiver look like the obvious needs to address.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 29 PICK 30 [tr][td][table][tr][td]30[/td][td]
rams_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Johnathan Cyprien[/td][/tr][tr][td]S[/td][td]
fiu_40.png
[/td][td]Florida International
Sr.
130402.02.png
6-0
130402.02.png
217[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130417.04.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td](Acquired from Falcons.) Having dropped down eight spots in our projected trade with Atlanta, the Rams feel more comfortable deciding between the athletically gifted but somewhat baggage-laden Alec Ogletree, and Florida International safety Johnathan Cyprien. Ogletree is rated higher, but the need at safety wins out, narrowly.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 30 PICK 31 [tr][td][table][tr][td]31[/td][td]
jets_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Desmond Trufant[/td][/tr][tr][td]CB[/td][td]
wash_40.png
[/td][td]Washington
Sr.
130402.02.png
5-11
130402.02.png
190[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130402.28.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td](Acquired from 49ers.) The Jets move way down in a deal with the 49ers, from No. 9 to 31, but still get one of the draft's most polished and pro-ready cornerbacks in Trufant. Take that, $16-million-a-year man, Darrelle Revis.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr] /PICK 31 PICK 32 [tr][td][table][tr][td]32[/td][td]
ravens_80.png
[/td][td][table][tr][td]Alec Ogletree[/td][/tr][tr][td]LB[/td][td]
georgi_40.png
[/td][td]Georgia
Jr.
130402.02.png
6-2
130402.02.png
242[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][td][table][tr][td]
130403.09.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Ravens feel fortunate to have one of the draft's most athletic, sideline-to-sideline defenders fill the hole they have at linebacker. Cyprien, or Florida safety Matt Elam, are other strong possibilities if Baltimore just misses out on Ogletree to St. Louis at No. 30.[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-nfl-draft/news/20130425/2013-nfl-mock-draft-7/#ixzz2RUh4tgLl

Lions NEED to draft one of the 3 OT's. If they don't trade up and none of them are available at 5, that is going to be a nightmare :smh:

Back
Top Bottom