2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

Don't abandon it but you have to recognized when it's not working, there were times in this game where the Ravens had everyone on the line....where's the screen and quick slants, digs? Marty is probably our best OC in a while but I have a feeling Rex told him to just run, run, run play the field position game and let the defense win it.

You can't continue to get down by double digits and expect to start throwing it

We as fans deserve/the CS should realize that playing Simms can determine whether or not they have a better option than Geno, or an as-****** QB. At least then, you can know QB is a top priority in the off-season if both are fails going forward.

Last edited:
Idk, the ground and pound has been spotty at best. Yeah, it worked when we went to back to back AFC championship games, but then they didn't replace the run production. Our run game was #1, then poof....gone and not replaced. We are still searching for it. Kerly might work, but we don't have anyone with separation speed. Santonio is as good as gone, he doesn't want to be here anymore and I say get rid of him. We don't need anyone that's going to be half steppin. With a young QB like Geno, they need to give him that "security blanket" play that he can always go to for a first down or something to advance the ball. When you don't fix that O line and he's running for his life after 2 seconds and there is no consistent target combined with a spotty run game at best, you get a sputtering offense. Hopefully management will get it right this offseason. A blind man can see this problem. I mean, we've looked good at times, but what we need is consistency. That being said they have already surpassed my expectations this season. 

@RichCimini
Rex Ryan non-committal on whether Geno Smith will start next week. Says he needs to watch tape. #nyj

Hmmm :nerd:

Below .500 smh

Potentially can get to 6-6 against a weak Miami O-line. Then again, D isn't our problem; it's much more the offense.

so now simms will come in win a couple, we'll give him the job next year and he'll go 2-14 :smh:

i'm salty as hell this morning ......

so now simms will come in win a couple, we'll give him the job next year and he'll go 2-14
mean.gif

i'm salty as hell this morning ......
Next draft would be a good opportunity to get a QB. Lots of talent possibly entering the draft.

Although Sheldon Richardson said he doesn't want Manziel as his QB, lol

Geno starting against the Dolphins on Sunday. Not even gonna give Simms a fair look instead of garbage time play :smh: .

I can't believe what I'm seeing...Milliner really made a play.. :nerd:

Last edited:
Draft a qb and develop him next season and do whatever's necessary to get that pick right. No second round pick that 31 teams passed on for a reason when some of those teams had a need at the qb position.

None of this impulsive, unrealistic win now one step forward two steps back mindset the organization has had for years.

I doubt it would matter in the long term scope of things but I think they would have about 2 more wins right now if Sanchez never got hurt.

Still though in that case a 6 seed would be their celling and it would be the same ol jets. A few bad seasons followed by a 9-7 8-8 "feel good" year where they make the playoffs but have no real shot to win anything.

As asinine as it sounds, I wish it was possible to wipe the slate clean and come into next season with 3 brand new QBs :lol: .

Pathetic game today. Not much more that's needed to be said or explained. Not looking forward to the rest of the games TBH, although I wouldn't mind an 8-8 finish at this rate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom