2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

love what rex said :

" we been having trouble with the deep ball, with teams throwing it over our head, let em try it now "

:wow: :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

yo i wanna play for rex, dude gets ME so hype, i can only imagine how he gets these guys .... :smokin

mean.gif
 I got that Knicks feeling watching this week. 

Cro needed to catch that....

love what rex said :

" we been having trouble with the deep ball, with teams throwing it over our head, let em try it now "
Bills been launching the ball today. Millner looking like food.

Last edited:
This team was gassed up all BYE week with the huge win against the Saints. To no show against the Bills the way they did, how can us as fans have ANY confidence in them going forward?

-Bad Geno gonna bad Geno. O-Line's horrible play did him no favors, but obviously the pick-6s are on him.
-Hill is a waste of size. He's been a non-factor, no plays made in WEEKS it seems.
-The Neutral Zone Infraction on 4th and 6 proved to be the game changer. Yet another dumb penalty.
-Dee Milliner is on some Gholston/Ducasse steez out there :smh: . Can't stand him constantly getting beat as badly as he has been.

Pattern says we win, but realistically, I see us finally having b2b losses next week @ Baltimore.

How did Reed look today? Srs question

Saw him in on a tackle or two from what I remember. I shut the game off at the start of the 4th though.

Last edited:
Rex took the team to Dave and Busters last night..could be an explanation for this game..

We took the Bills far too lightly and it bit us in the butts. Our O-line looking bad today, especially D Brick. Dude was getting beat ALL GAME and acting like he's never seen a stunt in his life! Geno was under pressure ALL GAME.

If there is anything I want out of this Ed Reed signing, it's his ability to teach the D how to force turnovers. Currently putrid at it :x and that's why we lose games the way we do.

I'm sure Geno gets the start but will be on a short leash. I'm not surprised by yesterday,this team just isn't good.

Game was already out of hand. I have no loyalty to any of the QBs on this team doesn't matter to me who starts or sits.

Geno wasn't the big problem yesterday though, it was our crappy O-line. Of course he's gonna throw picks if he can't step into his throws. Geno's a rookie, rookies gonna rookie but you can't expect him to be a savior every game with the lack of weapons we have. Compact that with the fact that we had NO RUN GAME and it's a recipe for disaster. Simms will look worse if we put him at the head of this offense because he's not a physically gifted as Geno.

Last edited:
Jets wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal notified Stephen Hill that his reps would decrease Sunday in Baltimore. Aside from the starting offensive line, Hill led Jets offensive players with 51 snaps last Sunday. For the second consecutive game, however, the wide receiver did not catch a pass.

After Ryan said Monday the Jets would consider pulling Hill out of the starting lineup, the receiver said today he has been assured he won’t be erased from the gameplan entirely.

“Some things will be cut down but I will still get enough reps,” Hill said.

Ryan urged today that Hill is not “in the doghouse,” but that Hill’s deployment must be reconsidered. The Jets are hoping, ironically, that limiting participation will lead to increased production.

“We’re trying to put our guys in positions to be successful,” Ryan said.

Hill’s profile coming out of Georgia Tech in the spring of 2012 fit a player bound for success as a vertical receiving option. His 40-yard dash time dipped to 4.36 seconds. At 6-4, he recorded a vertical leap of nearly 40 inches. During his final collegiate season, he averaged 30 yards each time he caught the ball.

Enamored by those figures, the Jets chose Hill in the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft. Since, Hill has struggled to stay on the field and hang on to the ball.

During his rookie season, Hill caught just 22 passes. This season, he has 23 catches, but just 10 have come since he suffered a concussion during Week 4 against the Tennessee Titans. He has remained in the starting lineup, but slid to the periphery of the passing attack.

“I’ve been disappointed, there’s no doubt, because we all see the potential this young man has -- the size, the speed, he’s tough enough, he has courage. Whether it was through something physically or whatever, maybe he hadn’t been 100 percent for whatever reason.”

Hill said today that he is healthy, though added that bumps and bruises hamper each NFL player this deep into the season. Hill practiced fully today, though was listed on the injury report as having a knee ailment.

“I’m not where I should be,” Hill said of his production. “Everybody has things to work on. I definitely didn’t expect it to be like this this year.”

Hill said he is working closely with Santonio Holmes and Josh Cribbs to improve his deficiencies. The Jets, meanwhile, have not closed the door on Hill maturing into the player they envisioned.

“I think we’re all expecting -- Jets fans -- him to take the next step,” Ryan said. “And for whatever reason it hasn’t been there yet. It doesn’t mean we’re giving up on the young man but we wanna see it.”

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/20...hills_snaps_but_not_those_for_geno_smith.html

A poster of a Jets forum I frequent had this to say, and it really does make some sense:

Originally Posted by jaywayne12 View Post
I have a crazy theory on Hill...so stick with me here.

The kid is a good kid right? Not screaming for the ball..just give me the damn ball..quiet kid. Doesnt fit the norm for a receiver of his size and speed but there are some out there...but he is a really good..quiet kid.

So what happened? My theory is this...and it hit me several games back when he made a big catch..perhaps his last catch? It was the end of a game we won...big catch for a first down and I remember him going down real fast after he caught the ball. Almost like a timeout pose. I remember thinking that was strange how fast he went down.

So Im thinking..and I could be nuts..but Hill has had some concussion issues..and the last hit he took..I remember seeing him on the Jet post game show. It was that hit out of bounds where he held onto the ball late.

I think what we have here is a kid that took one of the most dangerous hits I have ever seen early in the season against that no good prick on the Bucs..a kid that doesnt want the ball anymore. Doesnt want to over the middle. Happens to certain players..like baseball players beaned in the head that are never the same.

You just dont disappear like this. The kid isnt finishing routes...not fighting for anything.

I could be way off..but I think this kid is mentally marked. Cream me if you like...but nothing else adds up. He doesnt even interview anymore.

Bucs hit + the Polamalu hit...

Last edited:
Maybe he just isn't good.

This!
Dude wasn't that great in college. We're asking him to do something that he didn't do his entire college carrer......catch the ball consistently. Dude has stone hands and he's a sh*ty route runner. Let's cut him after the seasons done and move on.

Back
Top Bottom