2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I was directing my question to a specific group of people, people who say Kobe is shooting entirely too much.

Neither of you (to my knowledge) have ever said anything even remotely close.

Wait, I was directing my question to a specific group of people, people who say Kobe is shooting entirely too much.

wait but i thought we were talking about the bulls roster? 

im confused 
laugh.gif

but on the topic of kobe shooting too much, i have called him out for forcing it in the past. back when we were fighting for playoff positioning and winning championships. 25+ shots is usually way too many if you are playing on a great team

this team is garbage right now, it genuinely annoys me to watch lin ignore kobe and try to make a play. i hate when wes johnson touches the ball, i question kobe's bball iq every time he passes to boozer. if he could find a way to shoot 50 times a game without putting too much stress on his body i would love that

if he shoots we're probably going to lose, if he passes we're probably going to lose. so knowing those two things there is no reason for him to ever pass the ball. 

wait but i thought we were talking about the bulls roster? 

im confused 
laugh.gif

but on the topic of kobe shooting too much, i have called him out for forcing it in the past. back when we were fighting for playoff positioning and winning championships. 25+ shots is usually way too many if you are playing on a great team

this team is garbage right now, it genuinely annoys me to watch lin ignore kobe and try to make a play. i hate when wes johnson touches the ball, i question kobe's bball iq every time he passes to boozer. if he could find a way to shoot 50 times a game without putting too much stress on his body i would love that

if he shoots we're probably going to lose, if he passes we're probably going to lose. so knowing those two things there is no reason for him to ever pass the ball.  
Nope.

I mentioned it as an example to a question I was asking.

Ok, well......how does CP1708 translate to ???

If you ran the sim multiple times, does it always come up Mis pupil?
MISS PUPIL?!?!?!
indifferent.gif

(Unless you tryn'a tell us something :nerd:  In which case, I mean, you know, it's cool. I don't judge. I'm a freethinking humanist, soooo... you tryn'a tell us something?)
Love Wu-Tang. That's Fat Joe, Chingy, and Andre 3000, right?
indifferent.gif

Mis, as in, Misunderstood, Pupil? I didn't want to have to type Misunderstood again and again, so I just said Mis. Not Miss. :lol:

Soooo, not Chingy, ok, good to know.

But you asked for who on the Bulls is good defensively besides Joakim and Hinrich. I gave you Gibson and Butler (plus Deng when he was there). :nerd:

Roster personnel plays a huge part in what a team is going to run on both ends of the floor.

Last edited:
Do you think if Kobe took a more subservient, team-friendly role, we could be that?
No...and it's really hard to answer a question like this because there are so many things to consider. He can play a team friendly role all he wants but how long will this translate onto the court before he realizes he can't trust anyone on the team especially a team full of rejects? He is who he is and had this 'team-friendly role' happened 19 years ago, then he most likely wouldn't be the same guy you hate today....or was this not the question? :nerd:

I've got a question for those of you saying things like this.

OK, I know this is going to sound like I'm putting everything on Kobe, but I'm not saying that, so keep that in mind.

I see surprise teams like the current DRose-less Bulls, the Pacers of the last couple years, and tons of other "Wait, who?!" teams that have had success in sports... even MARGINAL success despite having NO BUSINESS being in contention.

Do you think if Kobe took a more subservient, team-friendly role, we could be that?

Like, the Bulls the past couple years, and even now, I'm telling you, they're fun to watch.

Yet, name one. OK, Nah. Everyone knows him. Name another. Hinrich? Oh yeah, big NBA stud he is. Taj Gibson. "Wait, WHO?!" Exactly.

But put a volume shooter on the Bulls, and it's all gone.

There really is no way you compared this Lakers team to the Bulls & Pacers of the past years (Who also play in the East).. We have 3 guys starting for us who barely played above 15-20 MPG and suddenly you believe this team would put together victories playing "team" ball. We are talent wise squared up with the Current Thunder.

Can Kobe give his money back? renegotiate his contract to get talent?

its the only way. He did this to himself ( knowing the structure and refusing to make adjustments/ concessions within the structure to remain competitive)

On the bright side, when you look at it, we're only 1 game behind the Spurs, Cavs, and Thunder, each with only 1 win.

So I mean, there's hope for some of you still. :smokin

Why y'all acting like we ain't see this coming? You don't think Kobe did either? Lol look we all saw this coming with this roster they are horrendous I mean my goodness especially the fact they in the Western Conf :x

Look we all know the lakers ain't getting a chip anytime soon not with the buss at the helm. We also know Kobe's knows that too...Kobe has one thing on his mind that he can chase realistically and that's Kareem's record keep frying :smokin

Last edited:
would you rather be underpaid or overrated? :pimp:
Like Tim Duncan and Dirk?
MAvs n Spurs will be top 4 in the west, cus they stars paid the cost.

I dont blame him for taking the money. His own choice. But you can't be upset with your team talent level, when you made your decision helped create the situation.
Im expecting him to go out there and do hiim. This what he signed up for.

If Kobe wanted to chase rings and remain competitive, he knew what he had to do.
I dont believe that no one wanted to go to LA. Your got mad stars and good players on bum teams who tired of stat padding.

The guy cant guard anyone and is missing shots ....... plays the whole 2nd half? :smh::stoneface:

What's the update on Quincy Miller?

After i saw that clip of Kobe saying he's down to ride with the team & doesn't wanna get traded i knew that he was 100% informed on how this was gonna work out. This season Kobe is gonna shoot to his are can't move, watch this team slowly fail until we keep our pick... and then play next year with a team that has an outside shot at the playoffs.

Come 2016 when all cap is free he will sign back for pennies and run with a team that hopefully is a contender by then. Hold most of the NBA records on offense and leave with 6 rings... and watch how somehow people will still find ways to question whether he's a top 10 player or not.

would you rather be underpaid or overrated? 
pimp.gif
Like Tim Duncan and Dirk?
MAvs n Spurs will be top 4 in the west, cus they stars paid the cost.

I dont blame him for taking the money. His own choice. But you can't be upset with your team talent level, when you made your decision helped create the situation.
Im expecting him to go out there and do hiim. This what he signed up for.

If Kobe wanted to chase rings and remain competitive, he knew what he had to do.
I dont believe that no one wanted to go to LA. Your got mad stars and good players on bum teams who tired of stat padding.
so do you think those two guys walked in the office one day and said "you know what, i dont need an extra 10 mil go and use this money to get me better teammates"

or was it more like "hey dirk/tim, i know you want as much money as possible but i think we can really do something great here. *shows impressive plan to build a contender* see if you take a paycut we will be able to put a great team together"

as opposed to "hey mitch can we talk about my contra....." "HERE'S 48 MIL"

On the bright side, when you look at it, we're only 1 game behind the Spurs, Cavs, and Thunder, each with only 1 win.

So I mean, there's hope for some of you still. :smokin
not really. the losses factor in too, they are 2 1/2 gmes behind the spurs

Last edited:
Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson 32m32 minutes ago
Kobe should also be in the early MVP talks with LeBron, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Anthony Davis, Carmelo, Curry, Thompson and Rose.

Earvin Magic Johnson @MagicJohnson · 44m 44 minutes ago
I know the Lakers are 0-5, but they are playing exciting basketball and Kobe is worth the price of admission.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson 21m21 minutes ago
Other early MVP candidates are Wall, LaMarcus Aldridge, Tony Parker & Dirk. When Westbrook & Durant get back they will be in the mix also.

lisdaohgiohasdiohgfioashdfi

This fool just named 50% of the ****** league for MVP, some of them done played one damn game, one hasn't even played yet. aiodhfioahfdgphdafs;ghfs;dg;iadhfgi'dofhvgbiozdfhvbiodaf'hgo'ifdhg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom