2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you need great players that can make up a good team that is a given

The point is a great scoring wing has a higher impact then a great facilitator

A great scoring wing and a great scoring wing have a greater impact then a great facilitator

This has been debated before and I've never seen a compelling argument to change my position

I feel like a great scoring wing and scoring big can facilitate when needed but a great facilitator can never score when needed like a scoring big or wing can

You are suffering from recency bias.

By the numbers SG is the weakest position historically and C is the strongest.

and like I said the 4 out of the 5 best offense in NBA history were led by elite PG's and so some ho w it doesn't seem to matter when it comes to actually scoring points.

look man whatever.

I hope i never here a laker fan complain abouit basketball reaons. since Chris Paul wouldn't be as "impactful" or what ever.

Also another thing I overlooked

Point guards/facilitators don't have the same defensive impact as scoring wings and scoring bigs

Steve's letter to the fans:

I wish he would've won one before he went down.
tired.gif

I have mixed feels on Nash.

Always thought he was a nice guy, class act, consummate professional, yadda, yadda.

But he even sad in his letter that there was some of his own naivete in thinking things would turn a corner for the better. Dude was taking naps late in the game his last couple years w/ the Suns.

The contract you sign says a lot about how much flexibility you want the team you're signing with to have.

And the amount of flexibility you want the team to have says a lot about whether it's abut you winning, or just about you.

And to just shrug it off as "Hey, that's just sports."

I'm not buying it. If you're suffering a debilitating injury but you still want a shot at that winning feels, sign for cheap so that when your broke self can't play but 3 minutes a year, the team has room for an actual roster spot within the confines of the rules.

He was healthy as can be and coming off an All-Star. as

Last edited:
Clearly we have different definitions of 'healthy'.

Laying down late in EVERY SINGLE GAME because of back pain is not 'healthy'; that's not 'picture of good health', and the fact that he made the All Star Team is a testament to his ability to perform through the pain, not a testament to his good health.

Last edited:
He missed 8, 1, 6 and 4 games the previous four seasons with the Suns while playing over 30 MPG.

I would consider that healthy. *Shrugs*

Last edited:
Until you say something that shows he did not have back problems, we're going in circles.

- "He had serious back problems."

- "But he was an all star."

- "An all star with serious back problems."

- "Missed 19 games in 4 seasons."

- "But... still had back problems. The serious kind."

- "(whatever's coming next)"

That's a red flag. Backs and knees go bad, QUICK. The fact that he missed only 19 games in 4 seasons should have been taken as "He's due to miss some serious time," not "He's good to go."

Remember that one athlete who had chronic back pain and played like 6-7 quality seasons after?

Me, neither.

Lol @ having sympathy for a guy who gets paid 9 million dollars this year to hit the driving range and vacation with his family.

As if other professional athletes don't deal with lingering injuries near the end of their careers.

I understand, i just don't feel bad for him.
Like he said, it's just a badge of honor for him.

And like he said last year... Yeah, it is about the money.

I don't blame him, don't hate the player hate the game.

But no, I don't have a sad face reading his letter. Trust, he's living life happily right now.

But it was the broken leg and ensuing nerve issues related to the Lillard accident that caused Nash to miss all these games. Freak accident. Not solely based on his chronic back issues.

But it was the broken leg and ensuing nerve issues related to the Lillard accident that caused Nash to miss all these games. Freak accident. Not solely based on his chronic back issues.
I definitely forgot about that completely, but now we can fill in the dialogue from earlier.

- "But he was an all star."

- "An all star with serious back problems."

- "Missed 19 games in 4 seasons."

- "But... still had back problems. The serious kind."

- "(whatever's coming next) He had a broken leg and nerve issues from that; wasn't just his back."

Thought you were trying to build an argument that he was healthy?

recently broken leg

+ nerve damage from broken leg

+ history of back issues

healthy

Clearly, we have different definitions of healthy.

Lol @ having sympathy for a guy who gets paid 9 million dollars this year to hit the driving range and vacation with his family.

As if other professional athletes don't deal with lingering injuries near the end of their careers.

I understand, i just don't feel bad for him.
Like he said, it's just a badge of honor for him.

And like he said last year... Yeah, it is about the money.

I don't blame him, don't hate the player hate the game.

But no, I don't have a sad face reading his letter. Trust, he's living life happily right now.
Important.

I'm saying he was healthy prior to the contract being signed in July 2012. The Lillard accident happened in November 2012.

Last edited:
I'm saying he was healthy prior to the contract being signed in July 2012. The Lillard accident happened in November 2012.
Gotcha.

I'm still sticking w/ what I've said about back/knee problems never getting better.

Ever.

Like, other injuries, yeah, they nag you your whole career. But if you've got weak ankles, I mean, you can make that work; not every knee/lower leg injury turns into a Grant Hill career of injuries. But even him, he wouldn't have weakened any of the teams that had won championships during his injury filled career; they could have worked around him, and he definitely could have contributed at least a little.

Nash is killing us; er, Nash is ONE of the many things killing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom