2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
injury bugs though. rondo is just a rich man version of rubio, cant shoot for crap. plus he injured. might reaggravate. midas whale role the dice with kids. but too many these.collisons, reggie, types. lol

I can't ever understand what that dude posts. He's the reincarnation of ACBoyz.

Nah. My point is, Rubio was over paid, especially for what he has done. So, Rondo should definitely be paid more. Both can pass and make ESPN high lights, but both have terrible FG %. Rondo being terrible at the line.

More so, Rondo has had an ACL injury.

Anyways, my stance won‘t change. Big dudes have won championships for LA, and I see no reason for the franchise to get excited about these upcoming Guards.

Nah. My point is, Rubio was over paid, especially for what he has done. So, Rondo should definitely be paid more. Both can pass and make ESPN high lights, but both have terrible FG %. Rondo being terrible at the line.

More so, Rondo has had an ACL injury.

Anyways, my stance won‘t change. Big dudes have won championships for LA, and I see no reason for the franchise to get excited about these upcoming Guards.

You don't understand how contacts work in the NBA, Rondo got his contract in a completely different salary cap/league economic environment.

Rondo's contract has little bearing on what rubio should be paid.

You are worth what the market would bare, and the reality is if Rubio hit the open market he might get even more that he just got, never mind the fact that then yu would have to find a replacement, it makes no sesne to NOT pay him 55 mil.

Last edited:
I'll take rondo and the number one pick in the draft next year then let Kobe contract expire and sign another max free agent. Randle coming back.

scenario sounds good to me .

Lest we forget Rubio also had an ACL injury that occurred when he was playing...the team this thread is all about.

I don't like comparing Rondo and Rubio. Both are pass-first, traditional PG's. That's where the similarities end. Rondo is a whole tier above Rubio as a player and in the overall PG rankings. Both have broke jumpers, but Rubio has little to no offense while Rondo has shown flashes most notably in the playoffs against Miami when it counted in a major way. Rajon rebounds slightly more and plays better defense.

is what he's saying even that far off?

rondo hasn't played a full season since 10-11, if you can't the lockout season as a full season. he's injury prone, point blank.

over the last 4 seasons:

53 games played
38 games played
30 games played
and he was already injured this season.

the rubio comparison is a bit off but it's not egregiously out of left field.

on another note, how much do you guys think reggie jackson will fetch this offseason. along the lines of bledsoe's contract?

is what he's saying even that far off?

rondo hasn't played a full season since 10-11, if you can't the lockout season as a full season. he's injury prone, point blank.

over the last 4 seasons:

53 games played
38 games played
30 games played
and he was already injured this season.

the rubio comparison is a bit off but it's not egregiously out of left field.

on another note, how much do you guys think reggie jackson will fetch this offseason. along the lines of bledsoe's contract?
I would take issue with Jackson receiving anywhere close to 5/$70M. That's top-tier production in a starter's role. Reggie is more a high-volume scorer off the bench, 6th man type.

yeah i would offer him something along the lines of isaiah thomas money
4/$27M is reasonable, but Reggie in all likelihood will receive a bit more given Russy and Durant are out and he's shouldering the offensive burden. Both like to shoot and boost their scoring numbers (meaning Lil' Zeke).

The thought of Reggie Jackson getting paid that much sounds crazy. But in NBA history a ****load of players got overpaid on potential, front office stupidity or a combo of both.(That holds true in any sport.) Getting paid that much means you are an all star caliber player in theory. I don't think he's at that level. At all.

Last edited:
I think Jackson could get at least $12M per.

It might take a Parsons-like contract to really turn off OKC from matching.

Last edited:
I think Jackson could get at least $12M per.

It might take a Parsons-like contract to really turn off OKC from matching.
I believe it'd be a mistake for Thunder to match anything upwards of $12M-per for Jackson. He is what he is, a capable scorer off the bench, I'm not enamored with his ceiling.

Beggars can't be choosers at this point. We're going to have a hole at starting PG and every other position outside of SG. I don't think we can whiff again on everybody next summer. 12-13 is more than fair for Reggie, provided he stays healthy.

MJ won with steve kerr as his pg

kobe won with fisher

lebron won with mario chalmers

no reason to overpay a pg, all we need is a pat bev type to play hard defense and space the floor

getting an allstar pg is a waste of money 

Even Tony needed Duncan. CP and Nash and perhaps Kidd were as legit as could be, but we know it doesn‘t lead to a ring. And I am not talking Kidd with the Mavs. Point is, BIGS!!! Big boys.

This feeling, so reminiscent of MJ leaving, so reminiscent of a shift in eras. It‘s as if this league will finally come out and acknowledge LBJ, Durant, Melo with out Kobe in uniform. Better enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom