2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
my the end of this season with thibs jimmy butler will be closing in on top 5 all time in minutes played

i wouldnt consider him young 

Ding:
Lakers Stuck in the Present as Youth Movement Lacks Youth, Movement

Without him, it's inescapable just how much the Lakers these days are biding their time instead of growing their future.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...resent-as-youth-movement-lacks-youth-movement

Could easily become a team with a lot of youth. And some semblance of a future.

Next year have Randle (21). Kelly (24). Clarkson (22). Sacre (26) under contract.

Randle is a bonifide starter. Kelly, Clarkson & Sacre 10th -12th in a rotation. Kelly as a backup 4. Sacre as your 3rd Center. Clarkson as your 5th guard.

Re-sign Ed Davis (26). Who would be your backup Center.

During the season, the best trade we have is Jordan Hill to the Thunder for Kendrick Perkins & their 1st Round Pick. The Thunder are 3-12, worst team in the West Conference. Now they will certainly will be a whole hell of a lot better when Russ & KD come back, but it will still be a tough climb to get into the playoffs. Their biggest problem is they stink when it comes to bigs (Adams, Collison & Perkins). Hill gives them energy and rebounding, and better defense over Collison & Perkins.

I don't really see a player who is a better fit for the Thunder than Hill that they could get for Perkins and a late first. Of course, Hill would have to approve, but a team that will be in the playoffs, and pretty much would need to accept his team option, and would get a lot of playing time, I think he accepts that trade.

We take the Thunder pick (I think they are going to end up 6th-8th in the West), which could be between 19-22nd pick, and the Rockets pick probably 24-25th and try to move up as far as we can.

Then we'd have the Top 5 pick who would be 19 years old, and maybe a 13th or 14th pick who could be anywhere from 19-22yrs old.

Top 5 (19)
14th pick (19-22)
Randle (21)
Clarkson (22)
Kelly (24)
Davis (26)
Sacre (26)

And you have guys like Jimmy Butler (26) I think is at the top of my list behind a Marc Gasol. Robin Lopez who will be 27. DeAndre Jordan 27. Reggie Jackson who will be 25.

I like it

I like it a lot

Do we have enough room for dragic and butler? :nerd:

If we assume Ed Davis has a cap hold of $1,500,000 after he declines his player option. Get him locked up with a deal in place, but wait to sign him later. I.e. what we did with Hill & Nick Young to make room for other guys first.

And we get the #1 Pick, and somehow trade 2 firsts to get to #14, and have somewhere between 32-35 pick.

We'd have $24.8mil in cap.

Assume Dragic gets at between $11-13mil (Bledsoe first year was $13mil)

We'd have $11.8mil - $13.8mil for Jimmy Butler.

Max for Jimmy would be around $14.3mil if salary cap goes up to $71.8mil

Last edited:
Thunder are done this season.

They'll get close if they end up missing, and because of that, they'll have to make a move.

Not sure they can use Perkins contract & a first for anything better. Considering what they need, and lack of spending power in 2015.

Don't really see Presti making a short sighted move like trading away a first rounder. But then again, the clock is ticking...

The incompetence:

Scott on Kobe/minutes "He's a warrior. He'll do whatever I ask him to do, as far as minutes. I want to make sure he can be fresh in Mar. & Apr. I don't want to wear him out. I gotta find that fine line between...playing him 36 minutes or trying to get him 34 minutes or whatever the case may be just so he can be fresh in the second half."

:lol:

The incompetence:

Scott on Kobe/minutes "He's a warrior. He'll do whatever I ask him to do, as far as minutes. I want to make sure he can be fresh in Mar. & Apr. I don't want to wear him out. I gotta find that fine line between...playing him 36 minutes or trying to get him 34 minutes or whatever the case may be just so he can be fresh in the second half."

:lol:
Kobe is dead by the end of December.

The guy said he gotta find that fine line between playing him 36 min or 34 :lol:

RIP Kobe "Bean" Bryant .....it has been an honor watching thee

gametime 
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom