2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Franc always wondered this, why do you not have the Lakers other champ years in your sig? Before your time?

Hypothetical Chinese riddle: if the lakers have a winning record versus teams missing one or two pieces, does that mean the lakers are one or two pieces away from contending?

:nerd:

Honestly, at even given time, most teams are just one or two pieces away from contending, it's just either those pieces are unavailable, or they do not have the resources or personnel to go about acquiring them.

Give the Lakers Dwight (with his head on straight) and cp3 and we'd be right there. Have a lineup of Cp3, Kobe,wesley, jules, dwight, we'd be able to contend. Solid offense and solid defense.

then our bench would be lin, nick, wes can run with them too, booz and hill. let a starter run with them here and there to keep things moving. But that lineup isn't much removed from what we won those chips with in terms of strength of position. We'd be better at the 1. cp3 and dwight both would've been ours long term had things not gone awry.

Franc always wondered this, why do you not have the Lakers other champ years in your sig? Before your time?

im my view as a fan, you cannot claim a championship that you did not witness. i started watching ball around 94/95. hence as a fan they had no championships. i see fans all the time claiming titles they didnt witness. you can read all the stat books you want and watch reruns of the games but you didnt live them. after that game one how did you feel? whats was the vibe heading into game 2? remember that crazy play in the conference finals? where and who were you with? just personally feel that living it holds another meaning to it. i lived those loses to the jazz in the late 90s. i didnt live any of those lakers vs celtics finals so its hard for me at least, to claim those titles as a fan. just my 2 cents :\

Last edited:

im my view as a fan, you cannot claim a championship that you did not witness. i started watching ball around 94/95. hence as a fan they had no championships. i see fans all the time claiming titles they didnt witness. you can read all the stat books you want and watch reruns of the games but you didnt live them. after that game one how did you feel? whats was the vibe heading into game 2? remember that crazy play in the conference finals? where and who were you with? just personally feel that living it holds another meaning to it. i lived those loses to the jazz in the late 90s. i didnt live any of those lakers vs celtics finals so its hard for me at least, to claim those titles as a fan. just my 2 cents :\

This. All of this. Same here.

Franc please.

Batman doesn't think sentimentally.

View media item 1303877

did we just become best e-friends :nerd:

Screw that.

For me, we have 16.

ska has that og george mikan jersey :smokin

From Mikan to West to Magic to Shaq to Kobe. My gawd I envy you and CP so much. And you'll still be alive to witness AD in 6 or 7 years. Unfathomable.

Last edited:
oldmanbasketball.jpg
ska :nerd:

I ain't witness all 16 you clowns. :lol:

Freeze, really dude? You need me to hold your hand to understand how to manage the team?

Don't play Kobe 40 minutes.
Don't play Kobe and Nick together down the stretch.
Don't play my best 5 late in games.
Mix and match personnel late. Play Wes/Price/Boozer for "defense"
Don't double opposing star.
Play Clarkson more minutes.

Like has been said, players can't be held accountable for playing hard. The front office/staff has to be in charge.
Trade Hill/Lin.

It's fine to be "hopeful" to make playoffs with Nash, Randle etc healthy. The moment you lost them, FOLD up the tent to improve team going forward. We aren't teaching Randle poor habits, because he's not even ****** playing.

We aren't running our mouths without solution, we expect you as a fan to understand how it works.
I didn't know I had to spell every detail for every post to be comprehended. My bad.

Hey Ska, who is telling people not to be hyped about wins?

Where is that post? Who got yelled at for cheering the win?

I don't see anybody telling Laker fans not to enjoy last night in here.

So, why are you blah blah blahing?

Btw, been a while since peeps posted LA gear, Kobe gear, Kobes adidas/nike/PE.  Did you folks ever do that?  Just something fresh, something different ya know?  Jerseys, shirts, mugs. LOL

#LA 4 LYFE

Hey Ska, who is telling people not to be hyped about wins?

Where is that post? Who got yelled at for cheering the win?

I don't see anybody telling Laker fans not to enjoy last night in here.

So, why are you blah blah blahing?
Yes, I enjoyed it and I know deep down these guys did too.  hahahah

Freeze, really dude? You need me to hold your hand to understand how to manage the team?

Like has been said, players can't be held accountable for playing hard. The front office/staff has to be in charge.
Trade Hill/Lin.

It's fine to be "hopeful" to make playoffs with Nash, Randle etc healthy. The moment you lost them, FOLD up the tent to improve team going forward. We aren't teaching Randle poor habits, because he's not even ****** playing.

We aren't running our mouths without solution, we expect you as a fan to understand how it works.
I didn't know I had to spell every detail for every post to be comprehended. My bad.

No, I got that, all of that, Your ideas are simple, but they're still nonsensical. How do you not play your best 5 late in games? Winnable games. And they are healthy and available. How do you explain such actions? Because people are going to ask. There are consequences for every choice. You believe Kobe and Nick are going to be quiet about that? All one reporter has to do is ask two questions...'Were you hurt?....Well why weren't you playing?' It's obvious you've never managed anything before because you don not consider the effects of your choices...to just tank, while also spewing in every interview that you are not tanking. Literally nothing you're saying makes sense. I understand that you want it to make sense, and you're trying really hard to push your agenda, and in some fantasy world, I'm sure it does, and I'm sure that strategy can achieve all of the losses that you want, but it's not that easy to hide your intentions. People are pretty smart. Observant. It'd be pretty clear to anyone with eyes that if Kobe and Nick are not in the game, down the stretch, in winnable games mind you, that there is something shady going on. And besides all of that, besides everything I just said, YOU, as a General Manager, YOU, would pay a healthy player $24 million & 4.5 million to sit on the bench? That's the type of decision that you would make? Lol and you have the nerve to talk down to me? Don't ever insult my intelligence again sir.

Trade Hill/Lin.

No, I got that, all of that, Your ideas are simple, but they're still nonsensical. How do you not play your best 5 late in games? Winnable games. And they are healthy and available. How do you explain such actions? Because people are going to ask. There are consequences for every choice. You believe Kobe and Nick are going to be quiet about that? All one reporter has to do is ask two questions...'Were you hurt?....Well why weren't you playing?' It's obvious you've never managed anything before because you don not consider the effects of your choices...to just tank, while also spewing in every interview that you are not tanking. Literally nothing you're saying makes sense. I understand that you want it to make sense, and you're trying really hard to push your agenda, and in some fantasy world, I'm sure it does, and I'm sure that strategy can achieve all of the losses that you want, but it's not that easy to hide your intentions. People are pretty smart. Observant. It'd be pretty clear to anyone with eyes that if Kobe and Nick are not in the game, down the stretch, in winnable games mind you, that there is something shady going on. And besides all of that, besides everything I just said, YOU, as a General Manager, YOU, would pay a healthy player $24 million & 4.5 million to sit on the bench? That's the type of decision that you would make? Lol and you have the nerve to talk down to me? Don't ever insult my intelligence again sir.

Hermes-Popcorn-Gif-On-Futurama.gif

Trade Hill/Lin.

Put it this way it's one thing to type away at a keyboard and it's another thing to actually run an organization especially one the caliber of the Lakers.

It's as simple as that. Almost everything he listed out is ridiculous. No one runs any sort of successful business organization like that. It's fantasy.

There's no point though. One side sees it one way, another side understands the concept of it (it's not novel) but understands it's impracticality.

Uh, pretty simple, really.

36 years old. Two major injuries. 40 minutes a game? Naw.
Nick Young? The 6th man? He is a bench player. I'm playing my STARTERS late. You're confused? This is tough for you to grasp, when some reporter asks me? :lol: :lol: :lol:

We STARTING Ronnie Price, at PG. He can explain ANYTHINGGGGGGGG.

Period.

With ease.

Pop sits his guys alllllllllllll the time. Ain't even tanking. Healthy, too. MULTIPLE players.

Easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom