2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they figured he was hell bent on passing MJ. And maybe pop figured regression was in order for the supporting cast. I see the reasoning and I wondered the same thing. Poor recognition. But....I bet if they let him operate 1 on 1 for successive possessions and beat green in that mid range area, they would've immediately deployed the double and triple teams again to suppress the lead. Pop has seen it too many times. Only thing was kobe was laboring hard running point and trying to create separation despite the smothering team defense. Makes u think.

Last edited:
kobe was having an off shooting night so not sure why pop kept sending extra defenders his way which led to kobe finding teammates for easy baskets in ot

spurs would have probably won if they kept kobe in single danny green coverage imo 

ehhh, IMO they weren't even doubling Kobe as much as they were just icing screen rolls. That's not the same as flat out doubling Kobe to me and whenever you ice screen rolls, you give up that long two from the big that's setting the screen. Great defensive strategy, until you have guys like Boozer and now Hill who are willing to shoot that 17 footer and if they're making that shot, you'll get burned every time like the spurs did tonight.

they iced for sure but im talking about when kobe had the ball from the elbow to the low block area, even though danny green was on him they would send an extra big at him to have two people contesting his potential fadeaway (low % shot) which resulted in easy passes for layups

a big hitting a 18 footer is something you can live with if you're icing or doubling but dont do it if it means you're giving up a layup

what the spurs did right was trapping kobe and using full court pressure to bait him into throwing long passes which resulted in turnovers. kobe needs to be smarter in his passes but hes also in the awkward situation of being asked to play pg with nick and wes as his wings 

I guess they figured he was hell bent on passing MJ. And maybe pop figured regression was in order for the supporting cast. I see the reasoning and I wondered the same thing. Poor recognition. But....I bet if they let him operate 1 on 1 for successive possessions and beat green in that mid range area, they would've immediately deployed the double and triple teams again to suppress the lead. Pop has seen it too many times. Only thing was kobe was laboring hard running point and trying to create separation despite the smothering team defense. Makes u think.

cuz Kawai was on the bench. lol. Pop with that respect. lol. A wins a win. And I am so glad Kobe read the game as opposed to rolling the dice. We kinda discussed this before, games like these where Kobe sets up his guys for BIG shots speaks volume. Guys delivered!!

they iced for sure but im talking about when kobe had the ball from the elbow to the low block area, even though danny green was on him they would send an extra big at him to have two people contesting his potential fadeaway (low % shot) which resulted in easy passes for layups

a big hitting a 18 footer is something you can live with if you're icing or doubling but dont do it if it means you're giving up a layup

All true, agreed. Can't argue this.

what the spurs did right was trapping kobe and using full court pressure to bait him into throwing long passes which resulted in turnovers. kobe needs to be smarter in his passes but hes also in the awkward situation of being asked to play pg with nick and wes as his wings 

agreed, typical street ball IQ. not really good. guys need to come to him and create movement when they know the trap will get to him. cant under estimate the length of guys on those cross court passes.

Nick is a joke. He will forever be one. He's a one trick pony that keeps getting more irritable by the shot.

Nick is a joke. He will forever be one. He's a one trick pony that keeps getting more irritable by the shot.

He's a joke to whom though? Besides you I mean? How many tricks are there in basketball? There's scoring and there's defense. Nobody can stop dude one on one. That's been proven numerous times, and this year he's been putting forth effort on the defensive end. Get that heart outcha heart my g, it causes wrinkles.

He's a joke to whom though? Besides you I mean? How many tricks are there in basketball? There's scoring and there's defense. Nobody can stop dude one on one. That's been proven numerous times, and this year he's been putting forth effort on the defensive end. Get that heart outcha heart my g, it causes wrinkles.
LOL.  I also said bad things about Nick though, and this game was 'lucky', so yeah, we shouldn't think too much of it, and just enjoy it.  Great for fans.  One night alone, like Cinderella. lolz

if no one could stop him 1v1 he would be starting for a better team than this one 

I'm sorry, can someone guard Jamal Crawford 1-on-1? It doesnt mean anything. Plus he likes coming of the bench. But I've seen dude cook mad 'defensive' players. Gavr Bron buckets. Gave Paul George Buckets. Whom ever. He's a scorer, straight scorers are like snipers. It's a specialty. They don't go on every mission like soldiers, they just get put in in times of need, like jamal and nick.

Sniper Nick cost us draft position last year "torching" the Jazz.

Now he's hell bent on giving away our draft picks for 15-17, while safely no where near a playoff chase.

Keep cheerin him on tho.

On a night the Knicks win. Ugh, we are so ******* ******. :smh:

Nick gonna play 4 years in LA and never play a single playoff game. Being cheered the whole time somehow.

lol..Its still the lottery balls and the draft. Unless there was an Andrew Luck, which there isn‘t. Come on peeps, placing the future on a lottery? Stuff aint gonna repeat itself. Guys are looking year in, year out for the next MJ, KB, KG, type.

Sniper Nick cost us draft position last year "torching" the Jazz.

Now he's hell bent on giving away our draft picks for 15-17, while safely no where near a playoff chase.

Keep cheerin him on tho.

On a night the Knicks win. Ugh, we are so ******* ******. :smh:

Nick gonna play 4 years in LA and never play a single playoff game. Being cheered the whole time somehow.

blame mitch for signing him to a 5yr contract if you want to be mad. I can't not cheer my guys on. I have to cheer them on no matter what. Even if it's to our ultimate detriment, I can't be cool with losing. Just the alpha in me pimp juice.

lol..Its still the lottery balls and the draft. Unless there was an Andrew Luck, which there isn‘t. Come on peeps, placing the future on a lottery? Stuff aint gonna repeat itself. Guys are looking year in, year out for the next MJ, KB, KG, type.

The guy doesn't have to be MJ or Kobe to help out this team. Any talented player will do.

The guy doesn't have to be MJ or Kobe to help out this team. Any talented player will do.

I agree, and we know that we don‘t need to grab a top 5 is what I mean. Therefore, team tank means nothing!! Think about the steals in the draft. Think Billichick. As they say, top down. So if scouts can scoop someone up, then anything goes. The players, the managment and the many fans don‘t wanna tank. Granted, a top pick usually means a better talent, I suppose.

That's four wins where a significant player on the opposing team is missing (Howard, DeRozan, Boogie and Kawhi).

On another note I was told by another NTer on twitter that Kobe wasn't Top 10 All Time (I have him 5th, fwiw). Which is fine, if you don't think he's Top 10 All Time, you're on the vast minority side of the argument, but it's your opinion, you can have it. Then he listed names. Had the normal names in there, that everybody has Top 10.... Then he said names like Jerry West (legend, but never heard a single historian who still ranks West ahead of Kobe). Then got more egregious when he said Allen Iverson, Scottie Pippen and Pistol Pete Maravich were all better than Kobe on the All Time List. When I attacked his argument, he said "I said like 15 names, and you're going after Maravich, AI & Pippen." Since it was Twitter, it's difficult to make an argument over a guy like Duncan on 140 characters. I'd need probably 10 tweets, and nobody wants to do that. But it's as if when making an argument only part of your argument matters.

He said AI was better than Kobe All-Time, and also told me that I'm only hyped about Kobe's points.

:rofl:

Last edited:
People say nick is trash yet get upset because he helps the team win too many games :lol:. Can't expect players to do anything other than compete, it's not their job to worry about draft position

[Video]Nick Young Full Highlights at Spurs (2014.12.12) …: [/Video]

Last edited:
On another note I was told by another NTer on twitter that Kobe wasn't Top 10 All Time (I have him 5th, fwiw). Which is fine, if you don't think he's Top 10 All Time, you're on the vast minority side of the argument, but it's your opinion, you can have it. Then he listed names. Had the normal names in there, that everybody has Top 10.... Then he said names like Jerry West (legend, but never heard a single historian who still ranks West ahead of Kobe). Then got more egregious when he said Allen Iverson, Scottie Pippen and Pistol Pete Maravich were all better than Kobe on the All Time List. When I attacked his argument, he said "I said like 15 names, and you're going after Maravich, AI & Pippen." Since it was Twitter, it's difficult to make an argument over a guy like Duncan on 140 characters. I'd need probably 10 tweets, and nobody wants to do that. But it's as if when making an argument only part of your argument matters.

He said AI was better than Kobe All-Time, and also told me that I'm only hyped about Kobe's points.

:rofl:
Both respectful and mocking at the same time. Good job.

pistons vs kings

nets vs hornets

although none of this matters if we keep winning games 
mean.gif

You guys are going to be disappointed all season long if you don't think Kobe and Nick are capable of chucking up enough shots to win games here and there.

They're not a good team (obviously), but they're not bottom 5 bad when Kobe and Nick are scoring buckets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom