2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much what I sad a few weeks back, Kobe is too good to let us get a top 5 pick

Trade him for melo

4 of the 7 wins came against teams without key players.

And all 4 of those still had to be comeback wins at that.

I put that on management. Jim, Mitch, Byron.

You're in Houston, already down Q4, take the L.
You're in SA, already down, take the L.

Stop playing Kobe 40 minutes, and let Clarkson play. Let Ed Davis play. Sacre, etc. Accept the L's to benefit the team later.

Letting Kobe and Nick score only gets them 3-4 extra wins, nowhere close to playoffs, and gives away our pick. Who does that benefit?

Nobody.

Make the damn call management. Completely screwing us right now. :smh:

I feel/hope things will swing the other way at some point and they'll get dealt some misfortune at the end of games.

Last edited:
Blame the organization for resigning Nick and Kobe. (I know you are CP, I'm talking to others)

All I'm sayin is don't be mad at the players for trying to save face especially when Kobes calling them charmin soft in front of the world (via viral video).

The players dont gain anything by losing, so it's obvious with Nick and Kobe still being able to score at a high level they'll inspire the troops to win their fair share of games.

They are NOT bottom 5 bad with Kobe and Nick. you shouldn't expect them to be.

Blame Jim, Jeanie and Mitch for the stubborn "we don't tank" approach.

Last edited:
Yea put all blame on management not players. Byron, Nick, Kobe & the boys are out there doing what they are suppose to. It's up to management to lead tanking.
And our fearless emotional chief executive Jeanie Buss has stated that tanking is "unforgivable" and Mitch has said tanking isn't the "Laker way" sooooo let the Laker MadHouse continue! Lol

They may not be top three bad, but they are verrrrrrrrrrrrry close to top five bad.

Very close might as well be not at all, considering most NBA lotteries have a team skipping over teams into a top 3 spot.

When that happens, even if we're technically the 5th worst record, we'll hop right down to 6 and riots in downtown LA will ensue :lol:

The only way to realistically ensure a top 5 spot is to have a bottom 3 record so that even if you're jumped by a team or two you'll still stick in the top 5.

Like you said though, we're not bottom 3 bad. So....

:lol:

On another note I was told by another NTer on twitter that Kobe wasn't Top 10 All Time (I have him 5th, fwiw). Which is fine, if you don't think he's Top 10 All Time, you're on the vast minority side of the argument, but it's your opinion, you can have it. Then he listed names. Had the normal names in there, that everybody has Top 10.... Then he said names like Jerry West (legend, but never heard a single historian who still ranks West ahead of Kobe). Then got more egregious when he said Allen Iverson, Scottie Pippen and Pistol Pete Maravich were all better than Kobe on the All Time List. When I attacked his argument, he said "I said like 15 names, and you're going after Maravich, AI & Pippen." Since it was Twitter, it's difficult to make an argument over a guy like Duncan on 140 characters. I'd need probably 10 tweets, and nobody wants to do that. But it's as if when making an argument only part of your argument matters.

He said AI was better than Kobe All-Time, and also told me that I'm only hyped about Kobe's points.

:rofl:
Both respectful and mocking at the same time. Good job.

Do I win something?

Ska does this mean... [Darth Vader respiratory problems] You are my father!?!?! [/Darth]

I still believe. :frown:

Some teams just need to get healthy and/or get their heads out of their *****.

Edit:

Essential, where'd you get your Swaggy shirt? I am tempted. :lol:

Last edited:
question fellas. so lets say lakers finish 4th worst. in the lottery they get jumped and fall to 6th. does LA keep the pick since they finished 5 worst or does houston get the pick because they got dropped to 6th after the lottery.

question fellas. so lets say lakers finish 4th worst. in the lottery they get jumped and fall to 6th. does LA keep the pick since they finished 5 worst or does houston get the pick because they got dropped to 6th after the lottery.
No pick, and it's the Suns that get our pick. We get the rockets pick this year so start predicting rockets wins

No pick, and it's the Suns that get our pick. We get the rockets pick this year so start predicting rockets wins

oh yeah the suns. forgot. so even if we finish 5 worst someone can leap LA during the ping pongs and they still give up the pick :smh: . cot dammit. lakers would have to be 3 worst in order to be more assure it wont get trolled by the ping pongs.

go rockets :smokin

For the next 4 years, the Lakers fans mindset will be who cares if we are medioce as long as we are entertained by Swaggy P and win a few games here and there....:smh:..:x

We're not going to be bottom 2, so it shouldnt even be on our minds :lol:

Trust me guys, I'd hate to end up as the 6th pick and lose our pick, suck for nothing.

But just be realistic with how you view this team. It's bad, but it's not as bad as you're hoping it's gonna be. Nick and Kobe can Outscore a lot of these crappy teams they're going to play from the East.

Lame AF...smh at nick young and his nonsense...cant stand the dude...

we need that pick... Kobe and nick messing everything up..... Can't be out here winning games for nothing.......we need a pick...
smh .......

Hypothetical Chinese riddle: if the lakers have a winning record versus teams missing one or two pieces, does that mean the lakers are one or two pieces away from contending?

:nerd:

Lame AF...smh at nick young and his nonsense...cant stand the dude...

we need that pick... Kobe and nick messing everything up..... Can't be out here winning games for nothing.......we need a pick...
smh .......

d8d491c361c83d2035861e69ba1a9bd6_crop_north.jpg

4 of the 7 wins came against teams without key players.

And all 4 of those still had to be comeback wins at that.

I put that on management. Jim, Mitch, Byron.

You're in Houston, already down Q4, take the L.
You're in SA, already down, take the L.

Stop playing Kobe 40 minutes, and let Clarkson play. Let Ed Davis play. Sacre, etc. Accept the L's to benefit the team later.

Letting Kobe and Nick score only gets them 3-4 extra wins, nowhere close to playoffs, and gives away our pick. Who does that benefit?

Nobody.

Make the damn call management. Completely screwing us right now. :smh:

How do you expect them to do that exactly? You guys come up with these fantasy scenarios and blame management for not using them, yet you never offer up realistic ways to actually go about executing them. How exactly do you just 'Take the L' with a healthy kobe and nick available to play? You're just going to put them on the bench huh? All while telling the media you aren't tanking huh? I really believe the majority of the time you guys just run your mouths and throw these stupid ideas out with no actual logic behind them. The media would eat this time alive if we just 'Take the L'. We weren't even down much in those games. You want to sub Kobe and Nick out of the game when we're down 3, with 4 minutes left? You realize how that looks? lmaoo yall boys still sniffing gluesticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom