2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 3m3 minutes ago
After Rondo deal is complete, Nowitzki will be the lowest-paid starter for the Mavs. Rondo, Ellis, Parsons and Chandler all make more.

**** you Kobe.
roll.gif

Celtics had 2 first round picks in 2014
Celtics have 3 first round picks in 2015
Celtics have 3 first round picks in 2016

Lakers have made 8 first round picks in the last 16 years.
sick.gif

Hope Ainge screws them all up, but he has everything we need at his disposal.
tired.gif
how many rings have the lakers won in the last 16 years though? basically 1/3 of them 

id say they did pretty well without stockpiling draft picks....and yes i know different CBA  etc...

Dallas surrounds their aging star with talent - " Good Job Cuban " " Amazing how they did that "

Lakers try to surround aging star with talent - "Jim and Jeanie you F****g IDIOTS" ...." Someone kill Mitch" ......"Noooo! Dont give a way our FUTURE"

:lol:

Dallas surrounds their aging star with talent - " Good Job Cuban " " Amazing how they did that "

Lakers try to surround aging star with talent - "Jim and Jeanie you F****g IDIOTS" ...." Someone kill Mitch" ......"Noooo! Dont give a way our FUTURE"

This

Do you understand why the difference tho?

Kobe and Rondo, great, now what? What else we got?

Dirk and Rondo.......and Chandler Parsons, and Monta Ellis, and Tyson Chandler..........

Notice the difference there?

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 1m1 minute ago
Think about what Mark Cuban and the Mavs have done in 12 months -- re-signed Dirk for pennies, stole Chandler Parsons for nothing

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 19s19 seconds ago
Flips Jose Calderon and Sam Dalembert for Tyson Chandler and flipped three bench guy for Rondo... that's an impressive make-over

Mavs will also be a team that can add vet Free Agents coming soon. Ray Allen? Emeka Okafor? Any other ones that get cut/bought out soon.

Interesting.

Since Dirk took that 3 year 25 million dollar contract, the Mavs have brought in Tyson Chandler, Chandler Parsons, and Rajon Rondo without having to give up much.

Weird.

to be fair, the only one you can count is chandler parsons. tyson chandler and rondo were had with pieces already with the mavs regardless of dirks contract size.

Dallas already had talent around their star and added more, turning them into stronger contenders.

For the Lakers he would've been the first sign of talent around Kobe, turning them into a slightly less horrible team.

Though if Mitch was able to swing just Hill or Nash plus the Houston pick, I would've been sorta-pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Celtics had 2 first round picks in 2014

Celtics have 3 first round picks in 2015

Celtics have 3 first round picks in 2016

Lakers have made 8 first round picks in the last 16 years. :x

Hope Ainge screws them all up, but he has everything we need at his disposal. |I
how many rings have the lakers won in the last 16 years though? basically 1/3 of them 
id say they did pretty well without stockpiling draft picks....and yes i know different CBA  etc...

Course they did. They had Shaq and Kobe already in hand.

They no longer do. And instead of us trying to get more in house (we did get the Hou one) we still owe this years and 2017's. If we don't get more, and no longer have a Shaq/Kobe type in house, we could see something like 9/10 picks in a 2 decade span, and be devoid of any talent outside Randle. We HOPE to sign free agents, but if they don't come and we lack picks.........you see where I'm goin with this?

Boston has a ton of picks, and only need to hit on 2. Add Marcus Smart, those 2 (maybe they get luck y and hit on 3) and then they have the same cap space that we have, because they aren't paying any big salaries for a while. If they manage to add 1-2 key pieces, on top of those picks, in the East, what do you have?

Obviously lot to navigate thru still the next 2-3 years, but they are definitely ahead of us in terms of resources to rebuild with. Way ahead of us. |I

theoretically speaking, the lakers could have done the same thing this last off season. signed parsons for that contract, and offer what the mavs offered for rondo.

rondo
kobe
parsons
boozer
hill

def. not as good as the current mavs squad, but i still fail to see where you can blame kobe's contract or use this as a reason to point fingers to it

*SHRUG*

Dirk and Rondo.......and Chandler Parsons, and Monta Ellis, and Tyson Chandler..........

I do but it was the same reaction when Minnesota was asking for our pick ( before it became Randle ) for K.Love.

Mitch and Jim got killed in here for even thinking it. :lol:

theoretically speaking, the lakers could have done the same thing this last off season. signed parsons for that contract, and offer what the mavs offered for rondo.

rondo
kobe
parsons
boozer
hill

def. not as good as the current mavs squad, but i still fail to see where you can blame kobe's contract or use this as a reason to point fingers to it

*SHRUG*

We don't own our 2015 pick to offer tho. (unless you are referring to the Houston Pick)

And we don't have a Brandon Wright to offer the Mavs either.

I do but it was the same reaction when Minnesota was asking for our pick ( before it became Randle ) for K.Love.

Because why would you give up picks you need for a vet you could sign 3 months later? See the Knicks giving away multiple pieces for Melo, then failing to get anything around Melo all this time.

rondo
kobe
parsons
boozer
hill

*SHRUG*

We don't own our 2015 pick to offer tho. (unless you are referring to the Houston Pick)

yes, houston's pick.

but NONE of those things are attributed to kobe's contract. dirk signed his extension this last summer. brandon wright was on contract before then, and so were all the pieces to land tyson. the only thing dirk's contract opened up was signing chandler, which the lakers could have done if they wanted.

Wright is a statistical outlier CP. Everyone who has even remotely attentively watched the NBA knows he's good but marginally.

rondo
kobe
parsons
boozer
hill

*SHRUG*

yes, houston's pick.

but NONE of those things are attributed to kobe's contract. dirk signed his extension this last summer. brandon wright was on contract before then, and so were all the pieces to land tyson. the only thing dirk's contract opened up was signing chandler, which the lakers could have done if they wanted.

You don't contend bringing in just Chandler Parsons. The Mavs are still 5 million less than us in payroll, and clearly have the better roster. We may not have had the pieces to add Tyson Chandler. We def didn't have the parts to pull Rondo. The Mavs could pull in all of them, and can still add more to the equation. Monta Ellis also included in that.

If you don't think there is a difference between Dirk making 7 million, and Kobe 23, and we have 8 wins, and they have 19, I don't know what to tell you. I really don't.

Wright is a statistical outlier CP. Everyone who has even remotely attentively watched the NBA knows he's good but marginally.

I know that. And? Ainge wanted him and Crowder and picks, and got them. I know he won't flourish in Boston, but they likely don't want him too. They clearly just entered top 5 in the draft range, while opening up a spot for Smart to play full time.

And they are going to try and flip Green as well, and get even more picks. :lol: :smh:

And they will be getting top 5 picks from the Nets in 2-3 years when they have the right to swap, and KG/Deron/Lopez are long gone. :smh:

There's a difference between tanking with no direction, Sixers.

And tanking with a direction.

Celtics are now the former, and why we will still sit here in 2020, and wonder why the Celtics have never gotten better than the 8th seed and 1st round knockout in the playoffs

Last edited:
You don't contend bringing in just Chandler Parsons. The Mavs are still 5 million less than us in payroll, and clearly have the better roster. We may not have had the pieces to add Tyson Chandler. We def didn't have the parts to pull Rondo. The Mavs could pull in all of them, and can still add more to the equation. Monta Ellis also included in that.

If you don't think there is a difference between Dirk making 7 million, and Kobe 23, and we have 8 wins, and they have 19, I don't know what to tell you. I really don't.

yes. i know. but you're solely blaming kobe's contract, when NOTHING the mavs just did is attributed to dirk taking a discount. NONE of it.

clearly they have the better roster. they got monta on a great deal (WHEN DIRK WAS STILL MAKING MAX MONEY) and they have a top 3 coach in the league. but to point the finger at kobe's contract for the lakers woes? NOPE.

who could have the lakers gone after this off season that would have made a difference, and not made us a middle of the road team - which you seem to hate on heavily (and what i fear we will become)

parsons? IT2? you were clamoring hard for stephenson in the off season. how did that work out for charlotte?

the jury is still out on this mavs team. they haven't been playing well against the top tier teams. so please, save the praise of dirk for taking a discount before seeing what they do.

edit again: read the salary cap sentence wrong.

Last edited:

Because why would you give up picks you need for a vet you could sign 3 months later? See the Knicks giving away multiple pieces for Melo, then failing to get anything around Melo all this time.

Other teams want them too ( RR & K.Love). We're not the only one. It's a bidding war.

What are our chances of signing them now? ZERO

If we got Love the F.O. wouldve been way more aggressive last off season.

Better team and probably a better coach.

Dennis, I was clamoring hard for Lance early in the season, before I saw Kobe's deal and before Lance got pretty damn good in Indy. (making him more costly) Once the offseason hit, I pretty much gave up on that. He was priceier, and Kobe was of course.

I have no way to help you or understand what you are getting at if you think Dirk making 7 mil isn't help Dallas, at all. I just......I have no idea how you think that isn't a pretty huge boon for their roster. Pretty sure they don't have Parsons without that money, and if that, then no real reason to go after Rondo either.

And Kookle, if the Lakers traded all their assets to get Love, and have Kobe's contract, what else is here with them? They stretch Nash, meaning he gets paid for another 2 years after this one, and then what? Cavs gave up back to back #1 overall picks plus an upcoming first rounder, plus whatever contract they will have to sign him too. We can't even match that offer with Randle and whoever else. :lol:

The total, overall, underlying point is, we have very, very, very, very few assets. We NEED assets. We have a small chance to recoup this year's pick, and our 2017. Something we desperately need. After that, we gain some cap space post Nash. Maybe we can flip Lin and Hill for something. But we have nothing of any value, and on top of all that, we have our aging star clogging up almost 40 percent of the cap next year. This is a bad mix. If Kobe made 5 mil, we'd have a better shot at stealing stuff. Getting lucky, Kwame type deals, etc. But that's not the case. Had we added Rondo, we give away the Houston pick, lose our Suns pick, lose the 2017 pick to Orlando, and have what left over? Kobe's contract, Rondo and his soon to be max contract. Randle. Then what? :lol: Some table scraps to fill the rest of the roster?

I said it the day Dirk signed his deal, like the Spurs, the Mavs would contend. They may come up short, but they will contend. We,, won't. Not even close. Tank or no tank, we will come no where close to the playoffs this year.

i get it. i absolutely get it. i HATE kobe's contract too. i've said it before and i'll say it again, this team wont contend again until kobe is gone. i do see the benefit dirk's discount will have on dallas' roster GOING FORWARD.

but this roster they're fielding THIS VERY MOMENT? it has absolutely nothing to do with dirk's discount.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom