2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear Boston slotted Wright, Crowder, and Nelson into existing trade exceptions.

Meaning they just opened a 12.9 million trade exception for Rondo.

So, Smart, Avery Bradley, multiple picks on picks, 12.9 TE, and Jeff Green still to flip. And cap space to burn. :smh:

I hear Boston slotted Wright, Crowder, and Nelson into existing trade exceptions.

So, Smart, Avery Bradley, multiple picks on picks, 12.9 TE, and Jeff Green still to flip. And cap space to burn. :smh:

There cap space means nothing tho

And I'm dead *** serious. No free agent will go to the racist *** town.

Name one they signed. Not traded, not drafted, but signed out right.

Remember, cap space doesn't just mean sign a FA.

See Houston trading for James Harden.

Or Cleveland trading for Love. Etc.

Cap space can be used in trades to add talent on top of outright signings.

Also, everyone thought Memphis got robbed too. They have never been better since dealing Pau to us.
Boston didn't get anything sexy, but they are lookin at their own top 5 pick now. 2 extra first round picks to get lucky with. A large trade exception. Cap space, and then they get 3 more picks next year.

Peep OKC. Back to back Top 5 picks netted Durant/Russ, then lucked into #24 being Serge Ibaka.

Boston has similar picks to make picks like that themselves. What if they pull Okafor, or Towns? Paired with Smart, and maybe the next Jimmy Butler type pick. Or Kawhi. Serge, etc.

Remember, cap space doesn't just mean sign a FA.

See Houston trading for James Harden.

Or Cleveland trading for Love. Etc.

Cap space can be used in trades to add talent on top of outright signings.

Also, everyone thought Memphis got robbed too. They have never been better since dealing Pau to us.
Boston didn't get anything sexy, but they are lookin at their own top 5 pick now. 2 extra first round picks to get lucky with. A large trade exception. Cap space, and then they get 3 more picks next year.

Peep OKC. Back to back Top 5 picks netted Durant/Russ, then lucked into #24 being Serge Ibaka.

Boston has similar picks to make picks like that themselves. What if they pull Okafor, or Towns? Paired with Smart, and maybe the next Jimmy Butler type pick. Or Kawhi. Serge, etc.

If if was a fif we'd all be drunk. Seeing as the only time they've been relevant recently is when McHale gifted them KG, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Last edited:
Hey, I hope they fail like crazy, but they are basically 2008 Memphis right now. :lol:

I forgot to even mention that Rondo was a FA, he could have walked, for nothing, just like Pau did. So who was smarter here, Ainge or Mitch? Pretty clearly Ainge.

Dallas got away imo.

"It's a fair deal..."

brad-pitt-pikey-o.gif

Last edited:
been super busy at work :smh:

lulz at mitch told to win.

interdasting trade by the mavs.

apart from that, what i miss :nerd:

I mean, I used to agree w/ this, wholeheartedly, but now? I see that celebrities live in a different world than us. Only activists like Ali and Jim Brown would turn down Boston money just because it's Boston. Everyone else would sign on the dotted line and live in a gated community away from racist Bostonians in a heartbeat.

Thanks Mitch....smdh 5 years talking about this with Ainge and couldn't get it done....

Worst organization in the NBA now

I mean, I used to agree w/ this, wholeheartedly, but now? I see that celebrities live in a different world than us. Only activists like Ali and Jim Brown would turn down Boston money just because it's Boston. Everyone else would sign on the dotted line and live in a gated community away from racist Bostonians in a heartbeat.

Name me on ska. Just like you do with us on Kobe. Name me one big name free agent that was willing to go there.
Only reason Kg went Cuz Ray allen got traded there.
Before that? 20 years of crickets.

You get on Kobe and how Paul George, KD, lebron, melo, Jesus, wouldnt sign with us for one million.
Name me once when a big name free agent went to Boston.

Rondo prolly called ainge and said thank you for getting me out this racist place :lol:

I'll wait my friend.

Last edited:
How did Garnett get there? Ray? Powe? And what about Pierce re-upping however many times he did?

And Boston been rough for a MINUTE, and I'm talking about the Celtics, not the city. Front office, coaches, roster, janitors, everything. Outside of that little 3, 4 year stretch, no one was trying to go to Beantown for successful career opportunities.

Last edited:
The problem is.. We're discussing it as if Boston wouldn't have competition in FA.

As well they can use all those TPE etc to get someone, but let's say in a world Love is still on the Wolves, and they got Love after trading Rondo. Let's just say. What's the likelihood Love would stay for Smart, Bradley & Top 5 pick?

ZERO.

The Celtics are in for a long haul rebuild. And by long haul, welcome to the 90s Celtics.

Last edited:
Something I think the Rondo trade does do?

Lakers will end up just putting things up to chance, and even have more incentive to do so.

2 teams undoubtedly worse. Celtics & Sixers, and no matter what the Lakers do, they could not keep pace with them (Excluding injuries).

That puts them 3rd at worst, or best. Whichever way you see the glass.

They won't make the playoffs, but they'll be in a weird buyer / seller market come trade deadline and not sure whether to buy or sell.

They probably try to hit a homerun, and end up making a small Steve Blake 2014 Deadline deal.

But a better strategy, if they are dead-set on trying to hit a homerun, is to go in selling. Sell Jordan Hill, sell Jeremy Lin. Get as many picks as you can. Then you can try and go in for a home run. Would have $9.7mil in outgoing salary, 4 picks to try and get someone. If you hit a homerun then success, if not. you tank

Last edited:
They are not going to be 90's Celtics, they have WAAAAAAAAY too many assets for that.

They have 6 first round picks in the next 18 months. :lol:

They don't need to go 6/6, they only need to be 2/6. If the other four are just decent bench pieces, they'll be alright.

Smart, Bradley and the 2 hits gets them on solid ground, land a nice FA, maybe trade a Nets pick for another piece, solid 7-8 man rotation just like that. By 2016, Bron will be 32, huge mileage, none of the other East teams have as many assets outside Philly, Boston will be in prime position just like the Grizz were 2-3 years post Pau.

i mean even the bucks went from dleague team to .500 team without adding any big free agents in the offseason, all boston needs is a couple solid core guys and they have a great foundation to build from 

They are not going to be 90's Celtics, they have WAAAAAAAAY too many assets for that.

They have 6 first round picks in the next 18 months. :lol:

They don't need to go 6/6, they only need to be 2/6. If the other four are just decent bench pieces, they'll be alright.

Smart, Bradley and the 2 hits gets them on solid ground, land a nice FA, maybe trade a Nets pick for another piece, solid 7-8 man rotation just like that. By 2016, Bron will be 32, huge mileage, none of the other East teams have as many assets outside Philly, Boston will be in prime position just like the Grizz were 2-3 years post Pau.

Bradley is barely a league average PG, and only is because of his defense, so that explains how bad he is offensively. It's Offensive, how offensive he is on offense.

Smart has been bad on offense as well.

So they need those 2 future picks to hit. And pray they are Anthony Davis & Klay Thompson.

Mind you need a few years for those guys to develop.

Maybe get 1-2 8th & 9th guys from 18 & later picks (because let's be honest that's the likelihood).

Sooooo in 2018-19, when those 2 picks have developed into Anthony Davis & Klay Thompson...

Then they will have a shot at FA, except Boston isn't a Free Agency hub.. Sooooooooo

i mean even the bucks went from dleague team to .500 team without adding any big free agents in the offseason, all boston needs is a couple solid core guys and they have a great foundation to build from

Statistical outlier teams.

Teams that will never contend, and never be in discussion for a Conference Semi-finals Appearance, let alone anywhere near discussion of Contention.

And then the first chance that a guy gets to leave, they will.. See Kevin Love.

If that's rebuilding? You can have it.

Last edited:
Man, what? :lol:

Smart has played like 15 games. Of course his offense is bad, so is Wiggins, so was Kobe's 15 games in. :lol:

And 2018-19????? Anthony Davis was good his first damn year. He's elite year 3. :lol:

OKC didn't take 4-5 years to get good. Inside 3 they were a playoff squad, in the West. Boston has more assets, a better coach, and a worse conference. :lol:

I know you don't like Boston, but be real dude. They have everything they need. They can OKC it, (draft) they can Houston or Clipper it. (Trade assets for stars) or they could try to Clev it. (Draft + FA)

Multiple first round picks in 2014-15-16-17 and could take the Nets pick in 2018. Just insane.

And still have Jeff Green to flip for something.

Ainge is pissing all over Mitch right now. We don't tank, we have Houston's pick, our 2016, Randle and that's that. Oh, and a 37 year old making 25 mil next year.

We need those picks back. Either tanking, or Silver owes us a favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom