2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:nerd: when can I pick up the TV

3b4uf.gif

Funny how it's ok to call someone out but not ok to get called out. Weird how that works.

Don't start nothing, won't be nothing.

And I might drop 39k posts next summer alone. I've been able to not work the last 4 summers, and gunning for the same this year. My definition of chilling in the summer is playing sports w/ my son during the day, watching movies w/ my girl butt nekked at night, and checking FB & NT whenever the gd hell I please.

Should I check in w/ you on my dinner plans & grocery list for next week? I asked earlier if we were done w/ the personal crap, but apparently not, so how far are we taking this 'personal lives' bit?

Bruh, YOU brought up the personal lives bit. Only thing I called you out on was the BASKETBALL discussion we was having. How you gonna try to flip that on me? My post about your post count is simply in response to you telling me I have no life because I was on Niketalk, which was an asinine statement considering our "statistics" :lol: But regardless, I don't care about your post count or whatever. In fact, I've probably read and agreed with a large majority of those posts you have made.

You can't hit me with "Don't start nothing, won't be nothing" when it was you who started it lol.
What does me backing out of convos/not backing out of convos have to do with basketball?

lol what does your name mean? I mean I get the Star Wars ref, but Ska? Is that apart of your name? Always wondered. I'm guessing CP's name has his initial's in it. and LTB, legitimately is a card carrying member of Ball-Headed, Uniform Association of Ballers.

Sublime, early No Doubt, Less Than Jake, Goldfinger, Bosstones, etc > JCole

Used to be a big fan of ska in the 90s.

Last edited:
All this Celtics talk... am I in the right thread? :nerd:

I mean we got a game tonight...and we talking about the Celtics....the Celtics...not a game but the Celtics.....

:smh:

That's my bad, I was envisioning our lives with picks fallin outta our pockets, and things working wonderfully for us. :wow:

Hell, like an idiot last night, I failed to mention that Ainge has pulled it off before, in 2007, when he turned Jefferson and the #5 pick into KG and Ray Allen, to go along with Pierce and a young Rondo/Perk/Powe/Davis collection of pieces. :nerd:

I know, Ainge was "gifted" KG by his good buddy McHale.

Cuz ya know, Mitch didn't have Jerry West in Memphis helpin us out with the Pau deal. :wink:

Anyhoo, you're right, we got OKC tonight, hopefully KD plays and helps shred any sort of chance we have at trying to steal a win we don't need. He looked incredible last night. Had my mouth all waterin for a brighter future someday.

No he didn't have West gift him Pau.

K.

West wasn't with the organization anymore during the trade.

Who was it? JKidd, Robinson, Pippen, and Iverson?

First off, you already know how big of a fan of JKidd I am, CP. Can we just chalk that up to personal bias? Call me a Kidd stan; I'm good with that. If Kidd were a Laker in 95 instead of a Maverick, and we never got Kobe, but we got a grip of ordinary SGs (like how we had Kobe at SG, and a grip of ordinary PGs), and literally EVERY SINGLE PLAYER Kobe played with, do I believe we'd come away 5-2 when it counts? I do, man. I've said this before, but obviously it's not a convo that can really and truly go anywhere because "If ifs were fifths, we'd all be drunk." I'd take Kidd over Kobe because I think he's more of a team player, but if someone wanted to chalk this one up to bias, I'm good with that.

Pippen? I'm actually a bigger Pippen fan than Jordan. Jordan... wins NOTHING... if both Pippen and Phil never happen to him. He ain't winning a championship with Collins and Cartwright. The fact that Pippen is silent (like the opposite of Manziel) makes people forget him easy, but he IS basketball, and was always in prime physical condition. I think he's a consummate team player, a basketball LEGEND and just as crucial to the Bulls' 6 as Phil and MJ were.

Robinson? Not as known (because I don't talk about it as much), but I'm a huge DRob fan. Again, like Kidd, David wasn't as flashy as Shaq, wasn't in a big market like Ewing, and wasn't as talented as Hakeem. But give him 10+ years with Phil Jackson and a decent SG/PG combo, and I fully believe he'd have more than the 2 championships he got. Yeah, he needed Timmy. And Timmy needed him, or Parker, or Kawhi, or Ginobili. And MJ needed Scottie. And Scottie needed MJ. Magic, Kareem. Bird, McHale. Blah, blah, blah. Consummate team player, completely talented, and was a basketball junkie. Just wasn't flashy or in anyone's face. Sucks that he's known for having his world turned upside-down by Dream, but that's not really his entire legacy, not to anyone with any real basketball sense.

(really talented, consummate teammate, great at the actual sport of basketball; sensing a theme?)

"But... ummm... ska, you named Iverson. You telling me he's a consummate teammate?"

By no means. Kobe = Iverson, to me. In fact, I think Iverson was more of an ATHLETE, but Kobe = Iverson, with Melo being a poor man's version of both of them, and Eddie house being a poor man's Melo. Black holes, chuckers, volume shooters, call them what you want, but I have a hard time believing Kobe would do any better in Iverson's career, and Iverson would do worse than Kobe did w/ Shaq and Phil and fillers for a decade. "But, but... he had Dikembe." Man, stop. Just... don't.

Who was it? JKidd, Robinson, Pippen, and Iverson?

First off, you already know how big of a fan of JKidd I am, CP. Can we just chalk that up to personal bias? Call me a Kidd stan; I'm good with that. If Kidd were a Laker in 95 instead of a Maverick, and we never got Kobe, but we got a grip of ordinary SGs (like how we had Kobe at SG, and a grip of ordinary PGs), and literally EVERY SINGLE PLAYER Kobe played with, do I believe we'd come away 5-2 when it counts? I do, man. I've said this before, but obviously it's not a convo that can really and truly go anywhere because "If ifs were fifths, we'd all be drunk." I'd take Kidd over Kobe because I think he's more of a team player, but if someone wanted to chalk this one up to bias, I'm good with that.

Pippen? I'm actually a bigger Pippen fan than Jordan. Jordan... wins NOTHING... if both Pippen and Phil never happen to him. He ain't winning a championship with Collins and Cartwright. The fact that Pippen is silent (like the opposite of Manziel) makes people forget him easy, but he IS basketball, and was always in prime physical condition. I think he's a consummate team player, a basketball LEGEND and just as crucial to the Bulls' 6 as Phil and MJ were.

Robinson? Not as known (because I don't talk about it as much), but I'm a huge DRob fan. Again, like Kidd, David wasn't as flashy as Shaq, wasn't in a big market like Ewing, and wasn't as talented as Hakeem. But give him 10+ years with Phil Jackson and a decent SG/PG combo, and I fully believe he'd have more than the 2 championships he got. Yeah, he needed Timmy. And Timmy needed him, or Parker, or Kawhi, or Ginobili. And MJ needed Scottie. And Scottie needed MJ. Magic, Kareem. Bird, McHale. Blah, blah, blah. Consummate team player, completely talented, and was a basketball junkie. Just wasn't flashy or in anyone's face. Sucks that he's known for having his world turned upside-down by Dream, but that's not really his entire legacy, not to anyone with any real basketball sense.

(really talented, consummate teammate, great at the actual sport of basketball; sensing a theme?)

"But... ummm... ska, you named Iverson. You telling me he's a consummate teammate?"

By no means. Kobe = Iverson, to me. In fact, I think Iverson was more of an ATHLETE, but Kobe = Iverson, with Melo being a poor man's version of both of them, and Eddie house being a poor man's Melo. Black holes, chuckers, volume shooters, call them what you want, but I have a hard time believing Kobe would do any better in Iverson's career, and Iverson would do worse than Kobe did w/ Shaq and Phil and fillers for a decade. "But, but... he had Dikembe." Man, stop. Just... don't.

I knew the Kidd one, I'm good with that. We've chopped that up.

Pip......you uh, do remember when Mike retired, Scottie threw that fit when Phil didn't design a last second play for him, so Phil benched his ***, and Kukoc went out and drained the shot, just as Phil had drawn up? :nerd: You DO remember that, right? So when you say, TEAM guy, you maaaaaaaaaaay want to reflect, on that a bit. :lol: And while I know he was a great, great player, build around him, for a decade plus? I mean, by 32 he was really startin to feel it, and that wasn't even as the man.

D-Rob, eh. Solid guy, player, teammate, etc. But he's no where near the top of anything for me, not even close. He was nice from 24 to 30, got hurt, and was never the same, but was lucky to have Duncan come in and save his career. 24-30 is what he gave the Spurs, as a #1. Kobe gave us 15 elite years, 2 rookie/kid years, an injured 18th year, and he's now in year 19, and doin better than David did in year 9. I mean....... *shrugs*

Iverson and Kobe can chuck, I'm ok with that, but Iverson was NEVER the defender Kobe was. Didn't have the versatility to check guys, just gambled for steals a ton with his quickness. Didn't help on the boards. And shoots a lower percentage than Kobe does/did. He's a tough SOB, and gave his heart, during games. But what was his work ethic like? :nerd: And yet again, he was pretty washed by age 32. 21-32 is his "career" as we knew him.

They could all play. But they all faded pretty quick once they hit 30. Kobe did not. Not even close. Hell, he may have had his finest year at 34 before altering his career in a major way. And even after that, he rushed himself back just to get back on the court, before re-injuring himself, for the team and the game.

You named some good players that gave a solid 8-10-11 years to their teams, to the game, and you place them above a guy that has given 15-16 great years, and a couple learning curve ones on top of that, not to mention, one of those years, at age 18, when mega star Shaq couldn't be called upon to take the big shots, the 18 year old gladly did. And while he failed, he came back 2 years later in the NBA Finals and responded, on the road, in a resounding way. Seems like that 18 year old failure worked out for him. So even when he "had no value to us" he had value to us, learning the job.

Fair enough tho, I honestly expected you to name Ray Allen, I'm surprised that you didn't. :lol:

Ray Allen is a 1-trick pony. Best ever at that 1 trick, but ultimately, that's it. Same w/ a guy like Rodman. Best at the 1 trick they have, but that's not someone you build around.

I should probably give more credit to Kobe's career after 30.

Dah well. :smile:

Call me crazy for not thinking the Celtics got that much worse.

Maybe I'm just that much of a believer in Smart.

sad to say but the Celtics has a better future than my LakeShow,,,after KOBE BEAN BRYANT,,now what???any future picks,,wake up BUSS family.

paging Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak CHASE and OFFER "The DURANTULA " the MAX contract and part ownership just for him to be a LAKER when he's a FREE AGENT next season,sign this foo whatever it takes

:D :D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom