2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl: at we ain't got no back problems and my man laid up. :rofl:

Swear I thought he was doin that on purpose. :lol:

1985 :pimp:

Seriously, I think I grew up in some of the best moments/era in human history.. in terms of pop culture of course..

93 but I grew up on 90s media content since China was 5 years behind America when it came to tv shows music and movies

I don't know a thing about the sith...but I'm in better shape now at 32 than 22.

You get smarter with years. Only dumb thing I do is not knowing when to quit. Run 4 or 5 games of ball....and be sore as hell in the morning! But that's why you have a Jaccuzi to chill in. :smokin

Star Wars sucks.

tumblr_loje1uNj3E1qceai1o1_400.gif

You guys will hate me for suggesting this.

Josh Smith just got released. He's under contract for 2 more seasons. Owed $13.5mil from the Pistons over the next 2 seasons. He gets his money anyway.

Try to get him for minimum those 2 seasons.

And you have a legitimate shot, at staging a quick coup.

And it doesn't have to impact Randle one bit. He's not playing this season :frown: Next year, you could still get him 30 mpg, Josh Smith 18 at PF, 6 at SF, 6 at C in a small lineup.

Also allows the Lakers to be more aggressive to try and hit a homerun trade with Hill, Lin, Nash & the Houston 1st

Last edited:
You guys will hate me for suggesting this.

Josh Smith just got released. He's under contract for 2 more seasons. Owed $13.5mil from the Pistons over the next 2 seasons. He gets his money anyway.

Try to get him for minimum those 2 seasons.

And you have a legitimate shot, at staging a quick coup.

And it doesn't have to impact Randle one bit. He's not playing this season
frown.gif
Next year, you could still get him 30 mpg, Josh Smith 18 at PF, 6 at SF, 6 at C in a small lineup
wow i cant believe they released him...i just read the tweet on espn, but does that mean hes hard to coach. why are they releasing him?  

Edit: He was stretched.. Which means that $26mil gets paid over 5 seasons. Should have just went with it and pulled the band-aid quick. So minimum is out the window.

But minimum this year.. And $5mil a year the next 2 years...... Nottttt a bad idea.

Last edited:
not a fan of his game,  but I think hes a decent player, and he prob wont help us win now without another legit star, so im on board as well.   

Saw something on ESPN last week that caught my eye.

Tim Duncan played 43 minutes in back to back games for the first time since 2004. You are reading that right, 2004, 10 years ago. Not back to back nights, just back to back GAMES. Meaning he could even have nights off in between, and still hasn’t had 43 minutes in consecutive games in 10 years.

In that same timeframe, Kobe Bryant has played 43+ minutes in consecutive games, 71 times. :wow: :lol: :rofl: :pimp:

And I promise you, if the needle moved just a smidge, to say 41-42 minutes, Kobe would be in the hundreds, and Duncan would still be around 5. But 43 is the number that was set. Reason being, Duncan and the Spurs played triple OT games back to back, again, not back to back nights, just back to back games. He finally reached 43 minutes in a row. If not for those multiple OT’s, he likely would never have reached those totals from way back in 2004 ever again.

While Kobe has done it 71 freakin times. (and most of that was with Phil truly monitoring his minutes and keeping his totals down. (the 09-11 seasons especially) If I get time, I could try to count up the consecutive 40 minute games, but I’m pretty sure it’s somewhere in the 200’s. He had a ton of 43 one night, 42 the next, or 41-44, etc. I only accounted for 43+ and 43+ in consecutive games, same as Duncan.

only phil could reel in kobe. dude is too far gone now :lol:

are we going to use where josh smith lands as a slight to the "players don't want to sign with so and so" argument?

It's really sad man.

Kobe is my favorite basketball player of all time. I never ever thought it would be this cringe worthy watching him play.

Honestly, it's a pain to watch. I know team tankers are happy and for the most part all of us understand the value of losing right now, so at the end of the day It's a "good" thing that Kobe is playing this way.

But man... It still hurts to see them lose the way that they are.

And it hurts to see Kobe hurting even the slim chance his team has to even compete in these game with his constant hero ball shots.

It just hurts all around.

I never thought I'd say it, but it's gotten to the point where I can't wait until Kobe hangs it up man... It's sad seeing him go out like this. I can't watch this **** anymore. :smh:

The problem is... He's really not as bad as the shooting % indicates.... It just clouds how he looks by a long shot.

There's ways to fix it..... But unfortunately not with this coach, or this roster. Especially this coach.

I honestly wish there was a damn plug in formula for PER, and what his PER would be at 42% FG

Last edited:
I'm not disputing any of that.
This team sucks either way, whether he
Hero balls or not.

My point is, if you know this team has no chance (Which Kobe is smart enough to know)... Instead of losing games shooting 30 contested jump shots, why not lose games by trying to help your young teammates develop their games? Pass to them, encourage them to create shots and get better. Encourage them to learn fundamentals. Help them with their footwork, help them with their post games. HELP your team out even if your getting crushed by 30 points.

It would be nice to cut his shots down to even 20 a night at most, and make 10 extra passes.

You never know man. Not that they're gonna go on a crazy win streak or compete in the slightest in the west, but on any given night you never know how well your teammates might do if you get them in some kind of rhythm.

If you know this teams going to be horrible either way then why do you care so much about chucking 30 shots? Especially when you've already passed Jordan...

Best case scenario you win a few extra games and having a losing season with dignity.

Worst case scenario you help develop your young teammates into better basketball players and leave the team on a good note in 2 years, with the organization and players all respecting your hard work and help.

Help them out man.
I love watching Kobe still be able to score on dudes in his 19th season, and it's entertaining some nights, but enough is enough... Now it's time to worry about helping your team and organization however you can.

You ain't gonna win, so at least help leave the organization with decent progressing players.

Last edited:
It's funny because Kobe will try to get the team involved then it all goes to **** once the fourth quarter rolls around. :lol:

I beg to differ....hes getting blocked and punked so much..
hes too slow and too old.... I love seeing hero ball when your the **** ...
I can't wait till dude retires.... Kobe my favorite player ever but I'm looking forward to him being gone.... ....

Ya'll just being overly emotional. Sit him out a game occasionally, stop playing him 40+ minutes and he'll be good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom