2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL at Clarkson.  Midas whale go on the Tony Allen path.  Cant' score, but has lengths and athleticism to defend.

I like Hill and Davis.  The guard/wingman situation seems to be terrible though.

FMeb5kl.gif
A little too much extension and re-grip.  But this says it all.  The years, the battle, the best Lakers team-mate Kobe ever had post Shaq era.  Maybe the best on and off court too, while dedicating time to charity and playing for the national team.  Dude is a submarine class act.

While LA management passed off on Pau, and mentally and physically disrespected him, PAU seems a lot more happier in Chicago and doing better too.  Don't seem like a fluke to me.

CBS Sports NBA Mock Draft 1.0

Stanley Johnson, SF, Arizona: In this iteration, the Lakers get to keep their pick as they're currently the fifth-worst team in the NBA. And with it, they take Johnson, a kid who played his high school ball in Orange County, just south of where the Lakers play their home games. At 6-foot-7, 235 pounds, you probably couldn't build a more perfect small forward than Johnson in a laboratory. He still hasn't quite gotten his offensive game totally off the ground, but he's shooting well from 3-point range and using his excellent athleticism to get to the rim a ton, where's getting to the line six times per game. However, I've been most impressed with his two-way play, as he uses his excellent length and strength to not only stay in front of guys, but also forces turnovers. The next key for him will be to improve around the rim and as a ball-handler. If he can do that, he has potential to be an all-star.
Rashad Vaughn, SG, UNLV: The Lakers just need talent, so why not try to hit a late-first-round home run on Vaughn, an excellent scorer who could develop into an NBA starter. As a long-armed scorer with potential on both ends of the floor, Vaughn is likely a player that will rise throughout the draft season because of his excellent 6-foot-6 frame and athleticism. But having said that, he's a somewhat risky pick because he's not much of a shooter yet, and doesn't do much besides score. If he can get with a coach that can iron out his shot, he could be a really good player. But because his game lacks other ancillary skills that are currently translatable to the NBA, I think he's probably more in the 20-30 area right now.
Terry Rozier, G, Louisville: Rozier's able to get to the hoop well, but he's an inconsistent shooter and not a great distributor as a point guard, with a 1:1 assist-to-turnover ratio.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...raft-dukes-jahlil-okafor-looks-like-top-pick-

Last edited:
Think it's quite apparent Pau mailed it in last year. Can't blame him though and I was thinking last night in my drunken state that I took him for granted. He until last year was the consummate professional and as much crap as we gave him for being soft 15 and 16 don't happen without him. Can't really blame the guy after getting traded, vetoed and have to come back and still being subjected top rumors every year afterward. He handled it like a man unlike Candyman. I hope he gets a shot at another ring and seeing him an Bean embrace yesterday hit me right in the feels.

Last edited:

Stanley Johnson, SF, Arizona: In this iteration, the Lakers get to keep their pick as they're currently the fifth-worst team in the NBA. And with it, they take Johnson, a kid who played his high school ball in Orange County, just south of where the Lakers play their home games. At 6-foot-7, 235 pounds, you probably couldn't build a more perfect small forward than Johnson in a laboratory. He still hasn't quite gotten his offensive game totally off the ground, but he's shooting well from 3-point range and using his excellent athleticism to get to the rim a ton, where's getting to the line six times per game. However, I've been most impressed with his two-way play, as he uses his excellent length and strength to not only stay in front of guys, but also forces turnovers. The next key for him will be to improve around the rim and as a ball-handler. If he can do that, he has potential to be an all-star.
Rashad Vaughn, SG, UNLV: The Lakers just need talent, so why not try to hit a late-first-round home run on Vaughn, an excellent scorer who could develop into an NBA starter. As a long-armed scorer with potential on both ends of the floor, Vaughn is likely a player that will rise throughout the draft season because of his excellent 6-foot-6 frame and athleticism. But having said that, he's a somewhat risky pick because he's not much of a shooter yet, and doesn't do much besides score. If he can get with a coach that can iron out his shot, he could be a really good player. But because his game lacks other ancillary skills that are currently translatable to the NBA, I think he's probably more in the 20-30 area right now.
Terry Rozier, G, Louisville: Rozier's able to get to the hoop well, but he's an inconsistent shooter and not a great distributor as a point guard, with a 1:1 assist-to-turnover ratio.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...raft-dukes-jahlil-okafor-looks-like-top-pick-

Solid haul. PF, SF, SG all via draft between these two and Randle. Solid start to a rebuild. Mix in 2-3 FA next 18 months, Davis/Clarkson and we'll be on the right path.

Fingers crossed.

Solid haul. PF, SF, SG all via draft between these two and Randle. Solid start to a rebuild. Mix in 2-3 FA next 18 months, Davis/Clarkson and we'll be on the right path.

Fingers crossed.

You can't be that naive and think we hit on all three of those picks? That's extremely rare.

Could combine the Rockets pick with the second rounder to move up a few slots. Maybe around 20-22 with some luck.

This made me laugh.

@MarkG_Medina: Byron Scott was asked if Kobe's fatigue/soreness could have been avoided w/ better playing time management. Scott: "Maybe"

Kal, I'm not counting all 3. Randle, Johnson and Vaughn were who I counted. And they don't have to be our 3 best players, just 3 solid players that provide "something".

I get on Mitch for a lot of things, but he does scout well. If he makes the picks, I expect them to last. Hell, Walton played a decade. :lol:

But hasn't it been stated that we have to be worst than top 5 to guarantee keeping of the pic. We have to be top 3 bad to guarantee we keep the pick right??

Everyone in here knows I'm not with the intentional losing but Mitch has to let the bottom fall out. It's time.

Kobe sitting out cuz he is just old. Both achilles sore. Both knees sore. It's only a matter of time he breaks something with the way Byron plays him.
Trade anything of value come all star break/trade deadline. It sucks but you have to. Trade everybody except BOSS.

Trade J.Hill package him with Lin and a pick and try to get another first rounder.
Kobe knows the end is near you can see it in his eyes. That look in his eyes. Makes me sad man.

Poor Kobe. Getting paid hella money and showing signs of something that's inevitable.

A view from someone not making multimillion dollars a year would have that view I understand
But what he's going through has nothing to do with money. Money is a by product when you put your all in your craft.
When you can no longer do what you love THATS what sucks.

And plz no one bring up that contract. It's been exhausted already.

I'm not talking about the contract. The whole I feel sorry for him routine is a bit tiring at this point. The man isn't stupid. He knew this team wasn't going to be great, despite not having knowledge of Nash & Randle being injured. And he's shown he can still play and contribute a whole lot. He just can't do it by taking 26 shots anymore.

Detroit wins without Josh Smith. :nerd:

If Josh somehow helps Detroit get wins again, while hurting Houston, he might replace Magic as my favorite player ever.

It would be so much easier to trade Hill if he was making a tad less.

But Haywood and the Grizzlies pick for Boss is just sitting there ready to be agreed upon.

I'm not talking about feeling sorry for him. Im not talking about his fga. Just simply talking about one of the best ever at his craft realizing this is the end. That's all I'm talking about. It's one thing to kno the end is near. It's another thing to kno the end is here. He is officially Tim Duncan status and I kno that hurts Kobe's heart to the core as a competitor. I'm not talking about all the other senseless BS.

But Haywood and the Grizzlies pick for Boss is just sitting there ready to be agreed upon.

No trading BOSS! Can you imagine teams having to play against Randle then having to deal with BOSS for the next few minutes.

No trading BOSS! Can you imagine teams having to play against Randle then having to deal with BOSS for the next few minutes.
I really would like to keep him myself, but there's a possibility he just leaves next summer. He really is what Cleveland needs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom