2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when people were busy telling me Boston would be dead for 2 decades, and picks on picks on picks on picks on.......wouldn't matter?

Yeah. :lol:
Did I miss something? Is Boston, like, awesome or something?

No?

As of right now, just a bunch of picks?

Oh.

Wake me when they're a league problem, just destroying teams because of those picks.

They'll still be terrible. For decades.

You know how hard it's going to be for them to have to mess up a dozen first round picks in just 4 years? Like, they can ACCIDENTALLY get 3 studs. :lol:

They have more picks just in the first round, in 5 years, than we will have had in both rounds, for like 15 years. **** we fighting like tooth and nail just to keep our measly 2 picks over 3 years. They'll have about 10 in those same 3 years, not including second round picks. :rofl:

Suck for decades? Sorry fellas, it won't be that long.

Not to mention the entire salary cap is wide open for them, meaning they can also trade for a Harden type deal. (picks + assets for proven players needing to be dealt)

Last edited:
Boston has the assets needed to bust moves and acquire several mozgov level players. I envy all their protected picks and late 2nd rounders

Remember when people were busy telling me Boston would be dead for 2 decades, and picks on picks on picks on picks on.......wouldn't matter?

Yeah. :lol:
Did I miss something? Is Boston, like, awesome or something?

No?

As of right now, just a bunch of picks?

Oh.

Wake me when they're a league problem, just destroying teams because of those picks.

They'll still be terrible. For decades.

You know how hard it's going to be for them to have to mess up a dozen first round picks in just 4 years? Like, they can ACCIDENTALLY get 3 studs. :lol:

They have more picks just in the first round, in 5 years, than we will have had in both rounds, for like 15 years. **** we fighting like tooth and nail just to keep our measly 2 picks over 3 years. They'll have about 10 in those same 3 years, not including second round picks. :rofl:

Suck for decades? Sorry fellas, it won't be that long.
Without veteran leadership, a solid coach, and a savvy FO, those 3 studs become Lamar Odom, Elton Brand, QRich, and DMiles. Exciting, athletic, but ultimately...

"Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

You're too locked into thinking that a championship is won JUST by a good product on the floor, or maybe like 99% is on the athletes, .5% is on the coach, .25% is on the FO, and .25% is on the fans.

Put Phil or Pop on the Cavs. Contenders. No quality coach? Barely 20-20, and honestly, they're worst than that.

I'm not threatened by Boston's picks. The Cavs had 4 of the first 5 picks a few years ago (or was it 3 of the first 4?), and still sucked.

Terribly managed teams suck regardless of who dons the jersey.

Last edited:
I agree. I understand they (Boston) have the better situation because they have the assets, but until they actually get a stud and get free agents and talent around them...they are us. With more picks.

Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens are terrible managers? Huh? Why?

The Celtics landed a 2015 unprotected first-round pick from the Los Angeles Clippers for Doc Rivers. Ainge then sent Pierce and Garnett to the Brooklyn Nets for a package that included three first-round picks (2014, 2016 and 2018), plus the right to swap first-rounders in 2017.

The C’s currently possess the rights to as many as 12 first-round picks in the next four drafts, including up to eight in the next two drafts. The final number of first-rounders that Boston will own is dependent upon conditions that are attached to many of the picks. Those conditions will also affect the number of second-round picks the Celtics will own over the next few drafts, but suffice to say, they own a lot of them.

This roster features a boatload of recent first-round picks, including: Marcus Smart, Jared Sullinger, Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk and James Young. All of those players are under 25 years old, as is developing glue guy Jae Crowder.

And because so many of these players are earning rookie-scale wages, the Celtics are flush with cap space. They could have "as much as $30 million" of it this summer, per WEEI's Ben Rohrbach.

If a recipe for a quick fix exists, Boston already owns its key ingredients: picks, prospects and financial flexibility.

So cap space + young talent + tons of draft picks = failure?

When Ainge used all those same things to land Allen and Garnett just a few years ago? (After landing Rondo, Al Jeff, Perkins, Jeff Green, Powe, Baby Davis)

He's already shown he can do it once, now he can't do it again with basically the same setup/approach?

I agree. I understand they (Boston) have the better situation because they have the assets, but until they actually get a stud and get free agents and talent around them...they are us. With more picks.

And a better coach.

And a GM making moves instead of sitting on his *** holding onto vet players instead of flipping them.

The Cavs had 4 of the first 5 picks a few years ago (or was it 3 of the first 4?), and still sucked.

And tunred into Kyrie, Bron, and Love. I feel so badly for them. :lol:

Cavs lucked up because bron wanted to come home. Had he stayed in Miami what would you say about the cavs?

Danny is making moves...great. They still stink.

And yeah great coach...how many wins do they have?

I mean if the celtics are such a great situation be a fan of them...

Boston being savvy and acquiring Allen/KG was awesome, but it... BY ITSELF... did not win them a championship. Quality acquisitions, good coach, aggressive FO, youth, veterans; it all came together, and Boston was a problem.

But they already had a legit veteran in Pierce, and a young PG that was perfect for what they ran.

So they have a Pierce? Nope.

A Rondo? Nope.

A Rivers? Nope.

Still got Ainge, but no McHale.

I'm not scared of Ainge and a bunch of picks.

Last edited:
Cavs lucked up because bron wanted to come home. Had he stayed in Miami what would you say about the cavs?

Danny is making moves...great. They still stink.

And yeah great coach...how many wins do they have?

I mean if the celtics are such a great situation be a fan of them...

That they have Kyrie, Andrew Wiggins, Bennett, Thompson, a ton of cap space and still control all future assets? That's not good? :lol:

Are you ******* kidding me right now with how many wins do they have? THEY'RE LOSING ON PURPOSE RIGHT NOW DUDE. How do you not see that? :lol:

The Thunder SUCKED for 3 years with Durant, Russ, Ibaka, Harden. Boy, they were terrible. They had no future huh? Come on. :lol:

I hate Boston as much as you guys, but be realistic. They have a GREAT set up right now. Ainge took over in 2003, won a title by 2008, doing EXACTLY what he is doing right now. He tanked, grabbed assets, cap space, prospects, and then flipped assets for 2 stars. He's in the same position right now as he was 2007-08.

And he can be patient and wait another draft or two, see how his picks work out, and flip future ones after that to net the next KG/Allen type deal.

Boston being savvy and acquiring Allen/KG was awesome, but it... BY ITSELF... did not win them a championship. Quality acquisitions, good coach, aggressive FO, youth, veterans; it all came together, and Boston was a problem.

But they already had a legit veteran in Pierce, and a young PG that was perfect for what they ran.

So they have a Pierce? Nope.

A Rondo? Nope.

A Rivers? Nope.

Still got Ainge, but no McHale.

I'm not scared of Ainge and a bunch of picks.

Man, what? Who the **** was Rondo before they pulled those guys in? Hey, maybe he was Marcus Smart? :nerd:

Doc Rivers, can easily be Brad Stevens..

Who brought Rondo and Doc in? Ainge.

Who brought those picks, plus vets in? Ainge.

Who is callin the shots now? Ainge.

I mean........ :lol:

Last edited:
What's the point of having assets and doing nothing with them?

All I'm saying is yes they are in a better position but you talk about us like we are just doomed. Do we wish they would make moves? Of course...but the deadline isn't over and people have to want what you have....

It is what it is....but all of this talking up on Boston is on my last nerve. Period.

The Cavs had 4 of the first 5 picks a few years ago (or was it 3 of the first 4?), and still sucked.

20-20

In the east.

Thought your sights were set higher.

So, the Cavs are done then, yes? They are out? No hope? LeBron, Love, Kyrie, JR, Iman, Mozgov, Marion, Miller, Thompson, they are done? It's over?

:nerd:

What's the point of having assets and doing nothing with them?

All I'm saying is yes they are in a better position but you talk about us like we are just doomed. Do we wish they would make moves? Of course...but the deadline isn't over and people have to want what you have....

It is what it is....but all of this talking up on Boston is on my last nerve. Period.

Tupac.....what are you talking about? Doing nothing with them? Does he LOOK like he's doing nothing with them? :lol: :rofl:

He's making moves on moves on moves on moves, and he's just collecting right now. He hasn't even STARTED buying yet. How do you not get that? Like seriously, how do you not get that?

They don't even start buying til next year, or the year after, AFTER they check in on some of these picks. Hell, maybe he flips at the draft itself. Maybe he buys some vets that are in final years, like how the Harden deal came up, or the Kevin Love deal, or the Chris Paul deal, or the Dwight Howard deal, or ANY of the trades that work like that in today's NBA.

Iono, what do you think?

20-20

In the east.

So, the Cavs are done then, yes? They are out? No hope? LeBron, Love, Kyrie, JR, Iman, Mozgov, Marion, Miller, Thompson, they are done? It's over?

Nope.

They're winning it all this year, and next, and after that.

Because picks. :smokin

All it takes is picks.

I see the light.

I used to think that picks helped your cause, and that the more picks you had, the more impressive your situation. Now I see that picks is all it takes. Just picks. Nothing else.

Boston's rebuild unofficially started when they traded perkins. Are they any better today than they were the day of that trade? What exactly is the best case scenario with all their assets? Which top 5 pick are they going to package to acquire the next ray allen? Where is their Al Jefferson to swap for the next kg? I'm not even hating I just honestly have no idea what they're going to do.

Boston's rebuild unofficially started when they traded perkins. Are they any better today than they were the day of that trade? What exactly is the best case scenario with all their assets? Which top 5 pick are they going to package to acquire the next ray allen? Where is their Al Jefferson to swap for the next kg? I'm not even hating I just honestly have no idea what they're going to do.
18, 19, 20, 21

That's what they're going to do.

Because they have picks. :smokin

20-20

In the east.

Nope.

They're winning it all this year, and next, and after that.

Because picks. :smokin

All it takes is picks.

I see the light.

I used to think that picks helped your cause, and that the more picks you had, the more impressive your situation. Now I see that picks is all it takes. Just picks. Nothing else.

Uh huh, and uh, Ska, where do you see me saying picks are ALL that Ainge has? Can you point to it?

You can't see where I said "and 30+ million in cap space" Or, Trades like the KG/Allen deal, or how teams bought Harden, Love, CP3, Howard, etc?

Just picks? I said that? Just picks? Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom