2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the Cavs are done then, yes? They are out? No hope? LeBron, Love, Kyrie, JR, Iman, Mozgov, Marion, Miller, Thompson, they are done? It's over?

:nerd:

It's likely after Love bounces and Bron goes back to Miami.

Celtics have been relevant for maybe 5 years total since the end of the 80s and have sucked for a majority of that time.

Wake me when somebody says I'm coming home to Boston or another Celtics great gifts them a superstar...oh wait don't think there's any more left. You can be great at planning something but if it's not executed what have you really accomplished. Same with us.

Tupac.....what are you talking about? Doing nothing with them? Does he LOOK like he's doing nothing with them? :lol: :rofl:

He's making moves on moves on moves on moves, and he's just collecting right now. He hasn't even STARTED buying yet. How do you not get that? Like seriously, how do you not get that?

They don't even start buying til next year, or the year after, AFTER they check in on some of these picks. Hell, maybe he flips at the draft itself. Maybe he buys some vets that are in final years, like how the Harden deal came up, or the Kevin Love deal, or the Chris Paul deal, or the Dwight Howard deal, or ANY of the trades that work like that in today's NBA.

Iono, what do you think?

Making more move for more picks...winning nothing.

Ok...he isn't buying yet. What exactly is he going to buy?

Because apparently in your world picks mean everything. I get us need to retain this pick...

But good lord he lucked out once because of KG needing to be traded.

Who says its gonna happen again? Its all a bunch of maybe. Maybe...maybe...maybe. Like Some have said wake me up when all of this maybe turns into a championship.

Last edited:
Funny thing about a lot of these teams (Magic, Jazz, Celtics, Sixers, etc.) who have had all these assets and picks for years now and are still perrineal bottom feeders and will continue to be so because of the markets and losing culture they're mired in. There's only about 10 franchise changing players in the league and they're all in great positions now or a helluva lot better positions than those franchises are.

They're set up to possibly be able to make moves or just more likely having to overpay draft picks just to field a team.

Tupac.....what are you talking about? Doing nothing with them? Does he LOOK like he's doing nothing with them? :lol: :rofl:

He's making moves on moves on moves on moves, and he's just collecting right now. He hasn't even STARTED buying yet. How do you not get that? Like seriously, how do you not get that?

They don't even start buying til next year, or the year after, AFTER they check in on some of these picks. Hell, maybe he flips at the draft itself. Maybe he buys some vets that are in final years, like how the Harden deal came up, or the Kevin Love deal, or the Chris Paul deal, or the Dwight Howard deal, or ANY of the trades that work like that in today's NBA.

Iono, what do you think?

Because apparently in your world picks mean everything. I get us need to retain this pick...

Who says its gonna happen again? Its all a bunch of maybe. Maybe...maybe...maybe. Like Some have said wake me up when all of this maybe turns into a championship.

Tupac, how did Houston get James Harden? They traded picks for him.

How did the Clippers get Chris Paul AFTER Stern denied us? They traded picks for him. Helllllllloooooooo, why did Stern deny us in the first place? They wanted picks to the Hornets. DRAFT, PICKS.

What did the Magic get for Dwight Howard? Draft picks.

What did we give up for Pau Gasol? Draft picks.

What did Ainge flip for KG/Ray Allen????? DRAFT PICKS.

How did the Cavs get Kevin Love? They traded the #1 Draft pick.

How did the Mavs get Rondo? Draft picks.

How did the Blazers get Damian Lillard? They traded Gerald Wallace for a DRAFT PICK.

I mean, what in the **** guys? Are we not paying attention? NBA TRADES REVOLVE AROUND DRAFT PICKS.

Kobe was a traded Draft pick.

The Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, Pacers all built on draft picks.

The Bulls have Rose, Noah and Butler because of draft picks.

You can use picks to buy other picks, or you can buy other players. Or you can sell them for cash. You can do multiple things with them, just like every single example I just gave you. Player, after player, after player, after player is sold for draft picks. It's currency.

If the Pelicans can't afford to keep Anthony Davis, know what they will want for him? Draft picks.

Do I need more examples for you guys, or are we good now? I'm fairly certain it's a good thing to have a billion picks, so you can be the team (like Houston, like the Clippers) to be able to buy a James Harden, or a Chris Paul when their team needs to sell them off.

Ainge has plenty now. He can hold on to them, or he can trade them if a guy comes available. Did Daryl Morey know for a fact the Thunder would sell James Harden? No, he didn't. But when they offered, Morey had the currency to buy.
Did the Clipps know Chris Paul was available a year ahead of time? Nope. But when he was, they had picks to sell for him.

It could be anybody that's up for a sale in a year or two, or three. And when that player is out there, Ainge has more assets than any team in the NBA, AND cap space to absorb whatever player it is.

Plain, and simple.

It seems like all the moves boston has made so far this season are with the intention of making the team worse. 2nd round picks are great when you're looking to trade for Austin rivers. Late 1st rounders are good for the mozgovs of the world. Heavily protected future picks are good for....the future I guess?

They are dumping guys like brandan wright and Jeff green for low value draft picks that they will then look to flip for guys like Jeff green and brandan wright. I'm just not seeing a clear end game right now. If tanking is what you want they aren't even tanking as well as the lakers right now yet they get heaps of praise while nothing but explitives for the home team. The lakers say they're going for a specific guy in free agency and it's "wtf???" Meanwhile in Boston they have assets ready to make a move for....uhhh "somebody" hell it might even be "anybody" in a year or two....or 3 or 5. Ok...

Last edited:
They're letting go of guys they don't want to re-sign (-->opening up minutes for the youngsters) while picking up assets (draft picks).

Seems like the wise thing to me.

They're letting go of guys they don't want to re-sign (-->opening up minutes for the youngsters) while picking up assets (draft picks).

Bout time you got here. I'm tired man, can you take over for a while? These guys are draining as hell.

Be back in 15. :lol:

So like trading Jordan Hill, Jeremy Lin or Ronnie Price, and maybe even Sacre.--> to open up minutes for Clarkson, Davis, Black? Or even buying out Boozer? 

Trading above guys for second or first round picks? 

Agreed, seems wise to me as well.

So like trading Jordan Hill, Jeremy Lin or Ronnie Price, and maybe even Sacre.--> to open up minutes for Clarkson, Davis, Black? Or even buying out Boozer? 

Trading above guys for second or first round picks? 

Agreed, seems wise to me as well.

I mean, yeah, let's just keep playing Carlos ******* Boozer minutes, instead of letting Ed Davis or Tarik Black, or even Ryan Kelly get burn and see if they are worth anything. Let's praise Mitch for that stupid *** ******* logic.

Or we could hold onto Pau all year long, saying we're gonna do something with him, holding, holding, holding, holding, op, he left as a free agent, we get nothing in return.

Oh, Ainge didn't get the memo, he traded his vet asset away? That fool, he's so stupid. Let's cheer Mitch some more, yaaaaaaayyyyy.......

******* idiots. :smh:

At some point you have to actually field a team and not just flip guys for assets, again this has been going on since the perkins trade.

I think we all under stand that assets can be traded. We all get that. But when you dig deeper and say what exactly are they going to do with those assets the closest thing you get to a concrete answer is "maybe anthony davis who knows". By the time ant is ready to jump ship there will be plenty of teams with assets likely better than boston, possibly even the lakers. I mean "maybe, who knows" right?

In 2007 a #5 pick could get you ray allen. In 2014 #5 was good for jrue holiday. Randle can be better than smart and whoever we draft/sign this summer might be more worthwhile than all of boston's assets. Maybe? Who knows...

Iono, what do you think?

Tupac, how did Houston get James Harden? They traded picks for him.

How did the Clippers get Chris Paul AFTER Stern denied us? They traded picks for him. Helllllllloooooooo, why did Stern deny us in the first place? They wanted picks to the Hornets. DRAFT, PICKS.

What did the Magic get for Dwight Howard? Draft picks.

What did we give up for Pau Gasol? Draft picks.

What did Ainge flip for KG/Ray Allen????? DRAFT PICKS.

How did the Cavs get Kevin Love? They traded the #1 Draft pick.

How did the Mavs get Rondo? Draft picks.

How did the Blazers get Damian Lillard? They traded Gerald Wallace for a DRAFT PICK.

I mean, what in the **** guys? Are we not paying attention? NBA TRADES REVOLVE AROUND DRAFT PICKS.

Kobe was a traded Draft pick.

The Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, Pacers all built on draft picks.

The Bulls have Rose, Noah and Butler because of draft picks.

You can use picks to buy other picks, or you can buy other players. Or you can sell them for cash. You can do multiple things with them, just like every single example I just gave you. Player, after player, after player, after player is sold for draft picks. It's currency.

If the Pelicans can't afford to keep Anthony Davis, know what they will want for him? Draft picks.

Do I need more examples for you guys, or are we good now? I'm fairly certain it's a good thing to have a billion picks, so you can be the team (like Houston, like the Clippers) to be able to buy a James Harden, or a Chris Paul when their team needs to sell them off.

Ainge has plenty now. He can hold on to them, or he can trade them if a guy comes available. Did Daryl Morey know for a fact the Thunder would sell James Harden? No, he didn't. But when they offered, Morey had the currency to buy.
Did the Clipps know Chris Paul was available a year ahead of time? Nope. But when he was, they had picks to sell for him.

It could be anybody that's up for a sale in a year or two, or three. And when that player is out there, Ainge has more assets than any team in the NBA, AND cap space to absorb whatever player it is.

Plain, and simple.
Tried sarcasm.

Gonna ask a question now.

Plain, and simple.

Are there other CRUCIAL components to a team's success? Or is it just draft picks?

I "hope" this talk of shutting Kobe down for the rest of this year means that at some point Mitch will give away the rest of the vets.

If we keep Lin, Hill, Price, Nick, and Booze for all 82 games........ :smh:

So would you agree that they have dumped all their assets in order to weaken the team in the present so that they can acquire more assets and basically repeat the process until they strike oil?

So would you agree that they have dumped all their assets in order to weaken the team in the present so that they can acquire more assets and basically repeat the process until they strike oil?
Not all their assets, they just dumped the two oldest and most expensive known assets. I don't think they are regressing THAT much without Rondo (Wright/Nelson) and Green personally.

[quote name="CP1708"][quote name="DarthSka"]Are there other CRUCIAL components to a team's success? Or is it just draft picks?[/quote]Yes, absolutely. Never said there wasn't.[/quote]Well, in the same way that a toddler would terribly mismanage a $1,000 bill, some of us feel that the Celtics are still harmless when it comes to potential league dominators.

[quote name="CP1708"][quote name="DarthSka"]Are there other CRUCIAL components to a team's success? Or is it just draft picks?
Yes, absolutely. Never said there wasn't.[/quote]Well, in the same way that a toddler would terribly mismanage a $1,000 bill, some of us feel that the Celtics are still harmless when it comes to potential league dominators.[/quote]

Same guy came in in 2003, tore down, title in 2008.

He's tearing down now. Smart may be his Rondo. Stevens his Doc.

Now just needs to land his Allen/KG.

A dozen draft picks in 4 years and 30 mil in cap is more than what he had in 03-07.

To deny that is simply foolish.

I'm not saying he'll dominate mankind, I'm saying they are clearly on a better path than we are.

Quitting on the team, collecting pay checks ala Mike Brown style.

Modern day ballerina players with spoiled life styles. Gotta rework contracts like football, tied to performance.

As for Kobe‘s play and assist hype? Terrible and silly tonight. One of the worst clown games of the season. Everyone was disinterested.

View media item 1355597
That was probably the best game I've watched from these guys all year. Players were involved, fans were involved, it was fun to watch.

Last edited:
I'm not saying he'll dominate mankind, I'm saying they are clearly on a better path than we are.
Oh, hell, that's all you're saying?

Yeah they're on a better path than we are. Not 'championship threat' better. But just 'better'? Yeah, I'll buy that.

Still, though, **** 'em. :smokin

I "hope" this talk of shutting Kobe down for the rest of this year means that at some point Mitch will give away the rest of the vets.

If we keep Lin, Hill, Price, Nick, and Booze for all 82 games........ :smh:

Theres no way in hell they are that stupid .......:rolleyes

If we keep Lin, Hill, Price, Nick, and Booze for all 82 games........
mean.gif
Theres no way in hell they are that stupid .......
eyes.gif
I beg to differ.

Oh, hell, that's all you're saying?

Yeah they're on a better path than we are. Not 'championship threat' better. But just 'better'? Yeah, I'll buy that.

Still, though, **** 'em. :smokin

Wait......you thought I was sayin Boston was winnin 5 straight or somethin???? :lol: :lol:

All that typin I did. :smh: :lol:

That's why I used Hou/LAC. They bought pieces (Harden-CP3) but still need more luck to come your way for title, as they are learnin.

Hell, Boston only got the 1 outta KG/Allen, but they came close during a 5 year window.

Houston got the domino in Harden, helped land Dwight, "thought" they had Bosh, but finally missed on one.

Ainge has them in great shape movin forward. GREAT shape. Can he finish, again? We'll see.

But yes, as always, **** em. :wink: :lol:

People need to stop thinking of picks as actual physical talent and start to think of picks as currency ...the more you have the more options you have.

No money. No options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom