2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This season:

Lakers Bench: 7th Points, 2nd Rebounds, 15th Asts, 11th STLs, 10th Blocks, 10th FG%, 6th 3P%, 8th in Efficiency, 10th Defensive Efficiency

Lakers Starters: Bottom 10 in Everything. Literally everything.

So are we glad that we didn't sign a FA in the offseason, or has all the uproar that came from that been forgotten?

pimp.gif

Shoutouts to the Suns for the season sweep.
classy organization 
pimp.gif

I'm half and half on it.
Even if we would've signed Lance, I'm sure he would've gotten us a few nore wins. It turns out management is part of the cause.
I disagree. They MAY be apart of it now. But they sure as hell didn't start that way:

We went and signed Nick Young to a long contract,

Got a really good value piece in Ed Davis.

Overvalued Jordan Hill, for one year.

Traded for Jeremy lin and a pick, hope that he could harness linsanity.

Hoped that nash would turn out well, and hoped that Randle would pan out, and hoped that Kobe would be like prime Kobe.

On top of that they went and got Carlos Boozer. 

There vision was hoping we could compete for a top 7-8 pick, and give yourselves a chance with Kobe, and a young randle.

The absolute opposite happened:

Nash didn't pan out. 

Boozer was/is horrible.

Randle broke his leg first game of the season.

Lin is who we thought he was, maybe even worse.

Ed Davis is solid, will probably be out of our contract range going forward.

Jordan hill is good, really good, but over paid. 

Nick Young sucks; one dimensional chucker. I hope his production stays solid when we're back in contention, so we can ship his *** out for some value.

and Kobe is dying now, contemplating retirement.

So now, maybe they're getting smart, and actively tanking. It remains to be seen whether they ship out Lin and Hill, if they do, they've learned. If not, it's same ole mitch over valuing our players. See Pau Gasol. 

With all that said; I disagree with your statement 
laugh.gif

Jordan Hill isn't overpaid. It's actually pretty decent value for a 3rd big.
Boozer is actually pretty good as a bench player. Just is an absolutely un-fun player to watch.
Nick Young doesn't suck. He had a horrible horrible couple of weeks ending 2014, starting 2015. Up to the slump, he was shooting 40/44/90. and his defense was well above average.

Last edited:
Boozer is actually pretty good as a bench player. Just is an absolutely un-fun player to watch.
Nick Young doesn't suck. He had couple of weeks ending 2014, starting 2015. But was shooting 40/45/90. And his defense before his slump was great statistically.
fair enough, although I'd argue that Nick Young isnt helping us raise a banner in his tenure here. I dont have stats to give you, but he just doesn't make winning basketball plays based off the eye test. It's no coincidence he's never been on a winning team imo.

Also, would you agree that the team's vision was to hope to get to 7-8 seed, if everything panned out?

My whole point was management didn't foresee any of this, and are literally learning as they go along. To say that they didn't sign a free agent because we were built  to tank is BS. 

Last edited:

Nick Young doesn't suck. He had couple of weeks ending 2014, starting 2015. But was shooting 40/45/90. And his defense before his slump was great statistically.
fair enough, although I'd argue that Nick Young isnt helping us raise a banner in his tenure here. I dont have stats to give you, but he just doesn't make winning basketball plays based off the eye test. It's no coincidence he's never been on a winning team imo.

Also, would you agree that the team's vision was to hope to get to 7-8 seed, if everything panned out?

My whole point was management didn't foresee any of this, and are literally learning as they go along. To say that they didn't sign a free agent because we were built  to tank is BS. 

He's a 6th man. Very rarely does a 6th man change the outlook of a team from loser to winner. Unless that 6th man starts the season as 6th man then becomes a starter.

He's been on 2 playoff teams, and played really well on the 2011-12 Clippers in the playoffs.

Yeah I think they were shooting for the 7-8th Seed. Partially because it was so difficult to envision how they could be Bottom 5 with Kobe. Just because even with tempered expectations, he'd still be on the bottom end of elite. Also I think that if Randle stayed healthy, we'd probably end up with an extra 8-9 wins as the season progressed and he got better.

Last edited:

He's a 6th man. Very rarely does a 6th man change the outlook of a team from loser to winner. Unless that 6th man starts the season as 6th man then becomes a starter.

He's been on 2 playoff teams, and played really well on the 2011-12 Clippers in the playoffs.

Yeah I think they were shooting for the 7-8th Seed. Partially because it was so difficult to envision how they could be Bottom 5 with Kobe. Just because even with tempered expectations, he'd still be on the bottom end of elite. Also I think that if Randle stayed healthy, we'd probably end up with an extra 8-9 wins.
Meh, not much of a fan. 

but I digress, this team wasn't built to tank. At least the way the Lakers envisioned it. 

I'm hoping for a top 3 pick. Any combo of Towns, Okafor, or Mudiay I'd be happy with this season. 

I'm not too high on Stanley Johnson. 

Don't think this team sniffs contention again with Kobe on it. 

Meh, not much of a fan. 

but I digress, this team wasn't built to tank. At least the way the Lakers envisioned it. 

I'm hoping for a top 3 pick. Any combo of Towns, Okafor, or Mudiay I'd be happy with this season. 

Stanley Johnson is basically Jimmy Butler. The defense is what will be there Day 1.

The offense will be good, if he puts in the work. And hard to envision he won't based on all the things I've read about his mentality.

As for the contention, probably true. But that's not really Kobe's fault. His end of his career is just lined up with the wrong point of the basketball gods fate.

Last edited:

Meh, not much of a fan. 

Stanley Johnson is basically Jimmy Butler. The defense is what will be there Day 1.

The offense will be good, if he puts in the work. And hard to envision he won't based on all the things I've read about his mentality.

As for the contention, probably true. But that's not Kobe's fault at all.
That's true, also it taken about 3 years for players to come into there own. Which means Wiggins is gonna be scary good in a few. Randle will be just fine imo. I see a huskier Lamar Odom. 

and Agreed, not his fault. Father time and Byrons fault 
roll.gif

If they let NT Laker fans call the shots, we'd already have the #1 pick locked up with Jabari on ice. :lol: :pimp:

Shoulda listened to us Jimbo. :smh:

If they let NT Laker fans call the shots, we'd already have the #1 pick locked up with Jabari on ice. :lol: :pimp:
Not ALL the NT Lakers fans :D

I know you resisted early, but you can't tell me you're not seein the logic now. Clearly we ain't good, and we need them picks. Why struggle to get the 7th pick, then hand it to the Suns, AND our 2017 to the Magic?

No good comes from that, and everyone sees that by now.

Had we done this right, we'd be ahead of the Knicks and already finished scouting the top 3 picks. :lol:

I know you resisted early, but you can't tell me you're not seein the logic now. Clearly we ain't good, and we need them picks. Why struggle to get the 7th pick, then hand it to the Suns, AND our 2017 to the Magic?

Resist? Nah, three teams still ahead and theres damn near a half a season left, I got faith their gonna get it together to at least beat beat-able teams.

I been seen the logic but I rather win it just feels good man. Dudes sayin whats a win for "bums" who prolly not gon be here next year but it still makes the bums look valuable and the team attractive to FAs

I rock with Jordan Clarkson but Byron can't make him into a point guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom