2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pelton:
With the Los Angeles Lakers visiting Phoenix on Monday night, it's a good time to check in on the top-five-protected first-round pick the Lakers owe the Suns from the Steve Nash trade. If the season ended today, the Lakers would enter the lottery in fourth position. They are reasonably set in that spot -- 1½ games behind the Orlando Magic in fifth and 3½ games ahead of the No. 3 Philadelphia 76ers.

Insider_150119_lakers_pick_mh_576x324.jpg

My simulations of the remainder of the season, summarized in the chart above, suggest that the most likely outcome is the Lakers coming out of the lottery fifth and keeping the pick. In total, the pick ends up in the top five and stays with the Lakers about two-thirds of the time, with a one-third chance Phoenix gets a lottery pick -- most likely sixth overall.

12-30

At Pelicans
At Spurs
Rockets
Wizards
Bulls

To close out the month of January. 12-35. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

We are in real good shape. If anyone in this org thinks it's a good idea to start pushing for meaningless wins at 12-35, they need to be fired immediately.

It's clear the organization is slowly, subtly, buying in.

But a few wins that don't make sense are still inevitable, so don't flip a lid :tongue:

**** it. I'm down to get some good draft picks. I've had enough of this being garbage ****. hoping in the future we can start getting better again. if the L's mean something, I'm down. not Team tank, but no need to die for these wins anymore. winning is pointless at this point except for ego

**** it. I'm down to get some good draft picks. I've had enough of this being garbage ****. hoping in the future we can start getting better again. if the L's mean something, I'm down. not Team tank, but no need to die for these wins anymore. winning is pointless at this point except for ego

Welcome to the Club bro.
I entered about 6 months before you.
Exact same thoughts and exact same **** it posts, with jus a few different words :lol:

CP was right about one thing (shockingly :nerd: ), we're all coming around to it.

At this point it's the only train of thought that makes sense. Nothing we can do

*Kanye Shrug*

Nah, I still cheer Ws. I just get myself to a point where I'm like "YAAAY! We lost!!! Confetti, folks! Champagne for all!"

Bump that.

Who's with me?

(On my Jerry Maguire steez.)

Who? You? You coming?

at this point the losses are a foregone conclusion like "oh, lakers lost, sounds about right. whats the next game?"

the wins are the surprises to have emotions about nowadays :lol:

Nah, I still cheer Ws. I just get myself to a point where I'm like "YAAAY! We lost!!! Confetti, folks! Champagne for all!"

Bump that.

Who's with me?

(On my Jerry Maguire steez.)

Who? You? You coming?

I'm with you. :smokin

In October.

I just hope if they're going to lose, they lose enough for it to be worth it. don't be ****** for no reason. thats the **** that'll piss me off

According to Richard Deitsch of Sports Illustrated, Kobe Bryant might be the next target for Turner Sports if Barkley does decide to leave in 2016: [emoji]128312[/emoji]The truth is no one can replace Barkley, the most impactful studio analyst on sports television today. But there is a name out there who could have a Barkley-like impact on an NBA studio show or remote broadcast if he has interest in broadcasting as a post-NBA career.

His name is @kobebryant [emoji]128312[/emoji]With Bryant openly admitting that early retirement has already crossed his mind, the notion that he replace Barkley isn’t as farfetched as it may seem. Kobe is obviously starting to think about life after basketball and joining the TNT crew might appeal to him. [emoji]128312[/emoji]Turner will need another big name with an unapologetic personality and Kobe might fit the bill.

Kind of worried about tomorrow's game. Monty Williams might be a worse coach than Byron. Plus Davis and Holiday could be out (they didn't play the last two games).

According to Richard Deitsch of Sports Illustrated, Kobe Bryant might be the next target for Turner Sports if Barkley does decide to leave in 2016: [emoji]128312[/emoji]The truth is no one can replace Barkley, the most impactful studio analyst on sports television today. But there is a name out there who could have a Barkley-like impact on an NBA studio show or remote broadcast if he has interest in broadcasting as a post-NBA career.

His name is @kobebryant [emoji]128312[/emoji]With Bryant openly admitting that early retirement has already crossed his mind, the notion that he replace Barkley isn’t as farfetched as it may seem. Kobe is obviously starting to think about life after basketball and joining the TNT crew might appeal to him. [emoji]128312[/emoji]Turner will need another big name with an unapologetic personality and Kobe might fit the bill.

I toe the line. I root for wins and losses. Losses against the tank teams. But wins when we're on National TV or against the Rockets (or at the very least, be competitive). Even though Celtics are a tank team, still root for us to embarrass them.

I also know that there is a number of wins we will get whether I root for wins or losses. I thought that number was in the 30s before Randle went down, and thought Kobe could be 80-90% of his previous efficiency. So being team tank seemed like it'd be a waste of time. Now that we know Randle is out, and Kobe is indeed fallible (Ska will hate that I use that word), that number is 24-26 wins. That's why I don't get mad at wins, and think it's annoyinng too when we are not even at 20 wins this season. Everything at that and over, then fine.

Last edited:

It was sounding like he was thinking business ventures and stuff, rather than a TV job. Him on TNT could be a disaster

View media item 691661

latest

Steve Kyler series of tweets:

@stevekylerNBA · 2h 2 hours ago
@RyonCobb: Can the lakers put together a competitive squad for next season? ---> Not a title contender, but a playoff contender sure.

@Ken_Marks_Esq: @RyonCobb Surprising answer remove the word Big... come down to earth on your wish list.
Lakers will have to do what they have always done, put a little more money on the table than the next guy
That is how they got Shaquille, its how they get guys -- This summer pick two second tier names and overpay them

Kind of how I saw it. You have to kick the tires on Marc Gasol. But pass on Aldridge, Love (all PFs for that matter)

Have Kobe, Randle, Top 5 Pick. Plus Swaggy, Black, Kelly, Clarkson, and whatever picks we have left in 2015 as the bench.

Offer Dragic a little bit better contract than they gave Bledsoe. I think he listens because the Suns as a 7-8 seed is maxed out potential wise, and has seemed receptive to playing in LA.

Then whatever is left, hope there is enough to retain Davis and a solid $6-7mil starter. If not then just use all of it on 1 guy.

Then you can go into 2016 with 2 - Top 10 picks. 2 starters from the 2015 Free Agent Class. A good amount of a bench, and a max cap slot and then some in cap space.

Last edited:
Swear to god, I can't get past the thought of Kobe on TNT.

Like, this dude is out to ruin every single thing I love about basketball.

My team.

TNT.

Dude's gonna show up at my next pickup game and give flowers to my girl and have a shiny, new bike for my son, and then start cheering for me.

ohwell.gif

embarassed.gif

Last edited:
Ska I really cannot believe you let Kobe get to you so badly :lol:

The thought of him being employed by a television station to discuss basketball after a televised game gets under your skin? That's how deep your hate runs for him? Him being employed by TNT ruins everything you love about the game of basketball? It would really kill your love for basketball?

I'm not a fan of him and his recent contract, and even I as his biggest fan can't wait until he hangs it up so we can move on... But damn. Does it really matter what he's doing with his free time as long as he's off our books and we can start a new era of Laker basketball?

Sheesh :lol:

Last edited:
Steve Kyler series of tweets:

@RyonCobb: Can the lakers put together a competitive squad for next season? ---> Not a title contender, but a playoff contender sure.

@Ken_Marks_Esq: @RyonCobb Surprising answer remove the word Big... come down to earth on your wish list.
Lakers will have to do what they have always done, put a little more money on the table than the next guy
That is how they got Shaquille, its how they get guys -- This summer pick two second tier names and overpay them

Kind of how I saw it. You have to kick the tires on Marc Gasol. But pass on Aldridge, Love (all PFs for that matter)

Have Kobe, Randle, Top 5 Pick. Plus Swaggy, Black, Kelly, Clarkson, and whatever picks we have left in 2015 as the bench.

Offer Dragic a little bit better contract than they gave Bledsoe. I think he listens because the Suns as a 7-8 seed is maxed out potential wise, and has seemed receptive to playing in LA.

Then whatever is left, hope there is enough to retain Davis and a solid $6-7mil starter. If not then just use all of it on 1 guy.

Then you can go into 2016 with 2 - Top 10 picks. 2 starters from the 2015 Free Agent Class. A good amount of a bench, and a max cap slot and then some in cap space.
I know beggars can't be choosers, but I want nothing to do with Dragic if he's in line to earn more than $13M per season for four years.

Everything will depend on the draft*.

*EWDOTD will be used for future posts. :lol:

Swear to god, I can't get past the thought of Kobe on TNT.

Like, this dude is out to ruin every single thing I love about basketball.

My team.

TNT.

Dude's gonna show up at my next pickup game and give flowers to my girl and have a shiny, new bike for my son, and then start cheering for me.

:\  :wow:  

He just wants to be friends Ska.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom