2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously though, he's a free agent next year right? could he get max in his 2nd contract? could portland offer max to him and LA and still keep Wes?

Lillard is eligible for an extension on his rookie contract in the summer, and it should be a foregone conclusion that he'll get offered one and sign it.

Teams won't have a crack at him for years unless something outrageous happens.

Last edited:
I despise this cba.

They need to get rid of restricted free agency and making it so players don't have to stay in the same city for 7+ years.

Last edited:
They are already working on Lillard's extension, which can be longer and more money in Portland than any other city.

He ain't goin anywhere til he enters his 30's.

Same thing gonna happen to Anthony Davis.

This is why it is so very important to get your own young talent via the draft, and lock them up early, then buy vets to place around them. It's been mentioned in here roughly 970,002 times the past 18 months.

It's why tanking is important.

They are already working on Lillard's extension, which can be longer and more money in Portland than any other city.

He ain't goin anywhere til he enters his 30's.

Same thing gonna happen to Anthony Davis.

This is why it is so very important to get your own young talent via the draft, and lock them up early, then buy vets to place around them. It's been mentioned in here roughly 970,002 times the past 18 months.

It's why tanking is important.

Agreed.

But the nba could make this much easier. Make the bottom 7 records all have the same percentage chance to get the top pick. This eliminates incentive to actively tank.
Then get rid of restricted free agency and make it so after the rookie contract you can choose any place you want to play

Also get rid of Max contracts.

Last edited:
Ska I really cannot believe you let Kobe get to you so badly
laugh.gif

The thought of him being employed by a television station to discuss basketball after a televised game gets under your skin? That's how deep your hate runs for him? Him being employed by TNT ruins everything you love about the game of basketball? It would really kill your love for basketball?

I'm not a fan of him and his recent contract, and even I as his biggest fan can't wait until he hangs it up so we can move on... But damn. Does it really matter what he's doing with his free time as long as he's off our books and we can start a new era of Laker basketball?

Sheesh
laugh.gif
I couldn't care less about what he does with his free time.

But I love TNT. Look forward to watching TNT. Don't want him on TNT, because then I'd be forced to either watch him even AFTER retirement, or just not watch TNT.

I love the Lakers. Look forward to watching the Lakers. Don't want him on the Lakers, but there he's been, for 17 years.

And now, there he'll be again, right in my face still, even after 18 years of me waiting to not see him anymore.

Well one things for sure, I'm proud of you for saying "couldn't care less."

I can't stand when people say "could care less" to express disinterest. Never made sense to me.

"Could" care less means that you could very well care a lot less than you currently do about the matter. So in a way, you do somewhat care.

"Couldn't" care less means you absolutely don't care in any way about the matter. You care about everything else more.

Thank you for being one of the few people to use it the way it should be used :pimp:

Last edited:
The Kobe hate is downright played out at this point.

I agree but I honestly don't care anymore.
As sad as it is, his era is done.

My fav player for 17 years but it's a wrap man. The love, the hate, the debates, the jokes, the praise.... It just doesn't feel as meaningfull now that it's close to being over for him.

I hear people laughing at our team and Kobe in person, see the hate on Twitter and Facebook, and unlike years before it doesn't phase me at all.

I just *Kanye shrug* and keep scrolling. We do suck. We are a laughing stock. And Kobe is done.

It doesn't mean everything he's acxomplished is meaningless. Still proud and happy to be a Laker and Kobe fan for all these years.

But at this, everything's been disected, argued, discussed, debated millions and millions of times surrounding Kobe and his era.

What's left to really be upset about or debate about anymore?

We know who liked him, we know who didn't. We know who appreciated him more than others. We know what he did, what he didn't do. What he could of, should of, would of done. What contracts he did take, what contracts he should of taken. So on and so on. We know it all by now.

So I mean.

There's really not much to discuss anymore.
Neither the hate or love I see towards him means much anymore.

Once we get a few more young talented players on this roster and start a new era, it'll be a whole different world of Laker basketball to discuss and debate over.

ska trollin you guys. he has a kobe shrine in his home and kicks it with kobe on weekends. dont believe the lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom