2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

In honor of our brother LTB's birthday, let us all gather round tonight, and cheer hard for a Lakers W on his day.
smokin.gif

Happy birthday man, hopefully you get a win to celebrate it tonight.
Would you say the same thing besides Happy birthday if his birthday was around the regular season ?
laugh.gif

In honor of our brother LTB's birthday, let us all gather round tonight, and cheer hard for a Lakers W on his day. :smokin

Happy birthday man, hopefully you get a win to celebrate it tonight.

Would you say the same thing besides Happy birthday if his birthday was around the regular season ? :lol:

His birthday is today, let us not deal in trivial what ifs on this day of our brother. Let us merely enjoy the victory we need for him to properly celebrate his day. :smokin

Understand that D-Will is/was one of my favorite players, but I would want no parts of him. Dude has been injury riddled and overweight the last four years. Not to mention overpaid for above average play.

And trading for Rondo when he's about to enter free agency, approaching his 30s, recovering from injuries with a lack of resources is how the Lakers are where they are right now.

Ehhh P it seems like if somebody isn't 21 and or on a rookie contract y'all don't want them, we'll need some veterans on the team won't we ?

Unless we nail 3/4 lotteries in a row and even then you gotta have some 30 year olds in the locker room .

Ehhh P it seems like if somebody isn't 21 and or on a rookie contract y'all don't want them, we'll need some veterans on the team won't we ?

Unless we nail 3/4 lotteries in a row and even then you gotta have some 30 year olds in the locker room .

There's a difference between veterans and broken down overpaid fat point guards.

It's more because they're breaking down, D Will especially.

Vets are always good (and needed) but they don't need to be the highest paid guys.

Last edited:
I don't want Dwill either lemme make that clear, but it's gonna take some serious miracles if every guy over 25 or who's ever had an injury isn't good enough.

Nobody's perfect, look a Westbrook is he gonna be considered old and injury riddled when he's 27/28 ?

I don't want Dwill either lemme make that clear, but it's gonna take some serious miracles if every guy over 25 or who's ever had an injury isn't good enough.

Nobody's perfect, look a Westbrook is he gonna be considered old and injury riddled when he's 27/28 ?

You're really comparing the two?

D will was declining before the contract.
Westbrook is arguably one of the best in the league. D will was never ever that.

He had three knee ops last year... it's possible.

That's part of the reason why I personally want another lottery pick. Young studs get locked up for 6-7 years before the Lakers get a real crack at them. And some of those players get banged up and drop off before those 6-7 years are over.

I want young studs of our own to lock up. Then when other stars worth going after hit free agency, we have players they'd want to play with.

Last edited:

You're really comparing the two?

D will was declining before the contract.
Westbrook is arguably one of the best in the league. D will was never ever that.

I'm not comparing the two I already said I don't want D will, I'm just saying Westbrook has had multiple surgeries and won't be so young forever.

Basically anybody over 25 has had some injuries of some kind except for a select few players who are an exception to the rule.

Hell look at Steph and Kyrie, are we gonna hold it against them when they get a lil older because of their injuries in the past ?

I was JUST gonna say what Saver said: like we need of roster full of 22-yr-olds in good health and in their prime, and maybe one or two vets.

I mean, how reasonable is that, though? Everyone: "Too old/gonna be too old. Too injured."

Like who are the dudes you guys think we could reasonably get that could be pieces to a championship path? And don't you dare say no foolishness like "Well, if we could grab Bron, Steph, Eyebrows, and Love, that would be a good start." 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
@MarkG_Medina Kings guard Ramon Sessions strongly disputes he opted out with Lakers because of Kobe. Said he wanted long term security with the Lakers
Welp.

I was JUST gonna say what Saver said: like we need of roster full of 22-yr-olds in good health and in their prime, and maybe one or two vets.

I mean, how reasonable is that, though? Everyone: "Too old/gonna be too old. Too injured."

Like who are the dudes you guys think we could reasonably get that could be pieces to a championship path? And don't you dare say no foolishness like "Well, if we could grab Bron, Steph, Eyebrows, and Love, that would be a good start." :lol:  

Thank god :lol: sometimes I feel so alone , thanks for throwing me a bone Ska I'm dying out here :lol:

Seems like everybody is too old, injured, overpaid, etc etc.....I guess we're just spoiled as hell and want the perfect situation.

And if it's the perfect situation we're waiting on it's definitely gonna take longer than 2/3 years to get back to respectability.

Perfect situations don't come around too often.

I don't mind DWill the player. I mind the contract.

His number decline, specifically PPG & APG last year comes from having more mouths to feed, and he wasn't 100%

11-12 his usage was 30.1%, 12-13 - 24.4%, 13-14 - 21.8%. 3 less FG/game

His assist rates fell, but also take into account they added Pierce, KG taking up 20% of shots, and at least Pierce is not getting a lot of points off assists.

That $21mil prevents getting a 3rd piece at Center in 2015. If you get DWill in 2014-15, the reason is to win in 2015-16.

Be easier to go after Rajon Rondo (If he leaves Boston, it will not be for a max, I'd see him leaving a small sum - like $8mil over 4years if he left) or Goran Dragic, then still may have enough for a prime center. Something you'd have trouble with if you had DWill

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom