2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was JUST gonna say what Saver said: like we need of roster full of 22-yr-olds in good health and in their prime, and maybe one or two vets.

I mean, how reasonable is that, though? Everyone: "Too old/gonna be too old. Too injured."

Like who are the dudes you guys think we could reasonably get that could be pieces to a championship path? And don't you dare say no foolishness like "Well, if we could grab Bron, Steph, Eyebrows, and Love, that would be a good start." :lol:  

Thank god :lol: sometimes I feel so alone , thanks for throwing me a bone Ska I'm dying out here :lol:

Seems like everybody is too old, injured, overpaid, etc etc.....I guess we're just spoiled as hell and want the perfect situation.

And if it's the perfect situation we're waiting on it's definitely gonna take longer than 2/3 years to get back to respectability.

Perfect situations don't come around too often.

Why will it take longer than 2-3 years?

After this year:

Randle & Clarkson
Top 5 pick + Houston pick

Ed Davis + Ryan Kelly + Sacre + Henry.

Nick Young.

That is 9 players, total contracts 22ish(??) Million?

Year after, Kobe retires, extra 25 mil, cap space, on top of the 10 from Nash this year.

If we are at 22ish, cap is 70ish, we can play with say 45 million. Sign 1-2-3-4 guys, be it 2 elite, or 3 very good, or 4 pretty good players, whatever you like.

That's in 18 months.

96 Lakers, Lottery pick + 1 FA + Horry/Fox smaller deals + draft Fish, add to Nick and Eddie. 60+ wins.

Randle + Top 5 can be better than Nick and Eddie. We may not get a Shaq, but you gonna be upset with 2-3 FA's we bring in to help?

18 months we could be real nice. Just pray Mitch/Jim don't panic and trade for a Deron, or throw cap space away to Kobe again, etc. Stay still, stack (cheap) assets, then pounce with 40+ million in space to combine vet FA's, and homegrown youth.

That sound decent to you/Ska? Fair plan?

C CP1708 Let's say Kobe gets 20 / 4 / 4 averages the next 2 years. Wants to play again for maybe 1-2 more years.

What contract would you offer him?

always thought your username was truepanda
laugh.gif

Y u do dis?
it was sposed to be fun 
mean.gif

We are blessed to have Randle fall to us. Really think he is going to be a multiple time all star in this league man. HIs skill set is out of the world. Son looks like baby LeBron when he takes it coast to coast with that strength and speed.

Randle for roy. He's looked sloppy at times but still on pace for 20 and 12. Demarcus is one of the worst match ups for him and he's held his own considering he's a 19 year old rookie. Still want to see him take cuz off the bounce

Also has a habit of bullying these grown *** men :lol:. First speights and now he just dipped on Reggie Evans to create space. He is doing a lot of things they said he wouldn't be able to do at this level

Last edited:
Why will it take longer than 2-3 years?

After this year:

Randle & Clarkson
Top 5 pick + Houston pick

Ed Davis + Ryan Kelly + Sacre + Henry.

Nick Young.

That is 9 players, total contracts 22ish(??) Million?

Year after, Kobe retires, extra 25 mil, cap space, on top of the 10 from Nash this year.

If we are at 22ish, cap is 70ish, we can play with say 45 million. Sign 1-2-3-4 guys, be it 2 elite, or 3 very good, or 4 pretty good players, whatever you like.

That's in 18 months.

96 Lakers, Lottery pick + 1 FA + Horry/Fox smaller deals + draft Fish, add to Nick and Eddie. 60+ wins.

Randle + Top 5 can be better than Nick and Eddie. We may not get a Shaq, but you gonna be upset with 2-3 FA's we bring in to help?

18 months we could be real nice. Just pray Mitch/Jim don't panic and trade for a Deron, or throw cap space away to Kobe again, etc. Stay still, stack (cheap) assets, then pounce with 40+ million in space to combine vet FA's, and homegrown youth.

That sound decent to you/Ska? Fair plan?

Kobe, Swaggy P, Randle, Kelly, Sacre, Clarkson.... Davis cap hold (I'm assuming $1.5mil cap hold)

7 players = $32.663mil in cap space if the Cap Goes up $8mil to $71.065mil.

If we get our Top 5, Rockets First, Trade Deadline 1st & Keep our 2nd Rounder
Sacre likely gets cut to make it 10 players $26.176- 27.812mil in cap space.

Without the Top 5 pick it's 10 players $29.948mil in cap space.

My ultimate get would be Gasol for max deal & Dragic...But if Gasol gets max, and Dragic is a shade under Bledsoe's contract $34mil in cap needed. So you could turn to DeAndre & Dragic which would be probably $30mil. Or Asik & Dragic (my least favorite combo) for $24-26mil

Last edited:
Who do you have to get rid of or trade to get to 34 mil in cap space?

If we get to a top 5 pick, not possible.

If no top 5 pick.. Nick Young. But it's all contingent on whether Gasol would want to leave. You would have to wait for a Gasol decision before you do anything with Nick Young.

Gasol much better player, but I like DeAndre better with Randle because he won't take touches away from Randle. And that we could do without trading our 6th man.

Last edited:
Ok Wesley! !

Re: top 5 pick. Are we all understanding we would have to be as sorry or worse than teams like Sacramento? We are without 6 rotation players tonite...

Last edited:
I
If we get to a top 5 pick, not possible.

If no top 5 pick.. Nick Young. But it's all contingent on whether Gasol would want to leave. You would have to wait for a Gasol decision before you do anything with Nick Young.

Gasol much better player, but I like DeAndre better with Randle because he won't take touches away from Randle. And that we could do without trading our 6th man.
I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom