2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
**** yall 
laugh.gif

I'll just take the L and move on. 

I've followed Kawhi's career since he played ball here at SDSU and dude is not a player you would build your franchise with.

He's a role player who shines in the right offensive systems. SDSU he played in Steve Fisher's system. Now with Spurs he has Greg Poppvich.

Offense is the only part of the game? Only offensive players are worth max deals?

Do defensive players get max deals? name some.

Lets put it this way

If gordon Hayward got the max.

Kawhi will get the max.

Especially with Restricted free agency playing out the way it does.

Some team will sign the offer sheet, and spurs will probably match.

That said I hate restricted free agency, you should only have to stay the 4 years and have the option after that.

Last year we had folks upset that the team couldn't play defense, so they blamed the coach, not the 12 crappy defenders we had on the roster.

Bring up someone like Kawhi, and all the replies revolve around his offense. :lol:

If you want to be good defensively, get good defenders.

In theory, if you were to steal DeAndre Jordan, and Kawhi Leonard (unlikely BTW) but if you did get both, suddenly, you'd have a nice start to a defense. Put the young, energetic, still learning Randle in between those two, and now you really got somethin. Just that fast, you have a solid start to a defense. (which people will then credit the coach for, but hey. :lol: )

As for Kawhi/Klay, I'd take either one of them, immediately. I don't even care which one it was, I'd take either.

Max contract makes everything sound bad :lol:

What exactly would Kawhai's max be anyway ?

It's kinda hard to judge because he plays in that Spurs system and when people think of max players they think of franchise players you can build around.

Guys like Parsons and Hayward are screwing up the idea of what a max player is supposed to be.

5 years 90 million

18 mill a year seems like a lot, but he's got all the leverage with that Finals MVP in his back pocket and without him on the wing that's a totally different team.

I think that's too much but he's got the Spurs between a rock and a hard place so he'll get something close to that.

It feels like Christmas.

I can't wait.
to lose.
A LOT. 

Still going beat the rockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom