2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@MarkG_Medina 7h7 hours ago
Byron on critical comments on players: "It's called coaching."

:rofl:

Bill Oram ‏@billoram 7h7 hours ago
Byron Scott’s comments have made their way to the Lakers. One was glad to hear it. “He said what needed to be said,” Ed Davis said.

Nope... Nope. Nope. Bye Ed Davis.

Byron calls Kobe, you better be ready to play defense when he was first hired. Then.
RT @johnschuhmann: By the way, this will be Byron Scott's 4th straight season coaching a bottom-5 defensive team.

Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner 7h7 hours ago
Nick Young walked into Lakers locker room at 6:45. BScott said:"why you late? That's a fine."

He isn't even playing.. What the hell difference does it make what time he's there? Randle didn't have to go to every game, Kobe didn't have to go to every game.. When you set different standards for a certain player, you can't be mad at another guy taking that luxury for your mismanagement. Byron is the absolute worst.

Makes me respect Lin & Swaggy more that they are willing to acknowledge what a ridiculous **** ball coach Byron is.

Who would have thought about this logic?

Darius Soriano ‏@forumbluegold 6 hours ago

Still think Byron's comments about getting shot in the back are especially rich when he's the one blasting his guys to the press.

Last edited:
I would take bringing back the same team (+ 2 First Round picks) and not using our cap space on anybody else.. If it meant that I wouldn't have to see Byron Scott as coach ever again.

He legitimately may be the worst coach in the NBA.

We don't give Byron as much slack because we all know he SUCKS horribly, in a lot more categories of coaching than MDA did.

We've said it for months, so how much more slack can we give him? He's not even worthy of discussion to me anymore :lol:

MDA wasn't a great head coach, never will be to me, but he was a great basketball mind. (I did say that numerous times). He was worth discussing and debating over. Good enough to critique and be frustrated with, but not great enough to make any real difference as far as championships go in the near future (yes I know, his roster didn't help...) but People knit picked with him because they knew he had potential he wasn't living up to.

Like you all know, all we expect from Byron is to be a complete idiot and he continues to be one...so there's less reaction because we're less surprised. what's to discuss? :lol:

Last edited:
Seriously though, you guys are ridiculous sometimes.

You're really saying with a straight face the only reason everyone in this thread picked on MDA was because he wasn't Phil. :lol:

We spent days, WEEKS, MONTHS, and now YEARS debating and arguing over this man. PARAGRAPHS, ESSAYS, NOVELS of texts written about him back and forth. Pages and pages and pages, threads after threads. Millions of words posted.

But only one reason we didn't like him or picked on him, he wasn't Phil. :lol:

Oh, maybe a "second" reason was not taking Phx to the finals.

That's all. Thousands of words written about why people weren't a fan of his, but only 2 reasons at most as to why he was picked on.

:lol:

Okay. *thumbs up J-Law .gif*

Last edited:
:lol: @ DEN or ORL

He will do approximately nothing there.

The league has instilled his offensive schemes, so he's not bringing that to the table.

Outside of that, he has nothing else to offer.

Potential. He has that to offer. He and his apologists can always say "What COULD have been. Y'all just don't know what COULD have been."

Last edited:
When Kelly doesn't hit shots, he hurts the O pretty bad. It's hard to get guys open looks, when you get em, gotta knock em down.

****. I sound like Magic right now. :smh:

But he's playing the 4 now, his natural position. :smh:

but People knit picked with him because they knew he had potential he wasn't living up to.
That was not it. It was because he wasn't Phil.

And because he never made a Finals in Phoenix. :rolleyes

and had an ill fitting pieces, rode said pieces into the ground, and couldn't figure out how to use a big piece, Pau, correctly.

Last edited:
I still wouldn't call him the future..

An absolute steal... And looks good..

But the future? Too soon.

Wouldn't say get Rondo. But if Mudiay or Russell are there and Towns Okafor WCS are gone. I take Mudiay or Russell and Clarkson is the 6th man.

Last edited:
JC has come to save us and wash away our sins 
pimp.gif

Yea in the 2nd round who knows what the ceiling would be for a guy. But in terms of JC I am hoping for at least 6th man off the bench on a championship squad. Or he could be the starting role playing PG on a championship squad. We shall see tho, thats the crap shoot on development.

I will tell you this tho...he has all the tools and natural ability in the world. If anyone could come out of the 2nd round and turn into our version of Ginobili it is definitely him.
Nash has already said he will be working with us this summer so he has the right coach to help him. Cuz it damn sure won't be wack *** B Scott :smh:

After this next year I pray that we hire our last coach for the next 10 years. I don't care about the revolving door of coaches. He aint it.
We need stability in that area bad. But it almost doesn't matter now in this rebuilding mode. But it needs to happen soon.

And besides I think a few guys have bought into BScott (JC, Randle, etc.) so we shall see.

Seriously though, you guys are ridiculous sometimes.

You're really saying with a straight face the only reason everyone in this thread picked on MDA was because he wasn't Phil. :lol:

We spent days, WEEKS, MONTHS, and now YEARS debating and arguing over this man. PARAGRAPHS, ESSAYS, NOVELS of texts written about him back and forth. Pages and pages and pages, threads after threads. Millions of words posted.

But only one reason we didn't like him or picked on him, he wasn't Phil. :lol:

Oh, maybe a "second" reason was not taking Phx to the finals.

That's all. Thousands of words written about why people weren't a fan of his, but only 2 reasons at most as to why he was picked on.

:lol:

Okay. *thumbs up J-Law .gif*

Pretty much. Because all the other reasons were bogus. **** like "not a winner" and funny mustache, and stuff like this here

and couldn't figure out how to use a big piece, Pau, correctly.

I mean, Pau wasn't doin anything for 2 full years before MDA got there. Then it was, well, Dwight, Nash, and Kobe are in his way. Then they were all gone, Pau could do WHATEVER he wanted, and he didn't do ****. Had nothin to do with "how MDA" used him. The guy made Leandro Barbosa look good, Nash, Matrix, Stat, Raja freaking Bell, Xavier Henry, Farmar, Kendall God damn Marshall, Nick Young, everybody plays their best ball under him, cept Pau, and somehow that's Mike's fault. :rofl: :rofl:

In the end, what it came down to was simple, he wasn't Phil, and he never made it to the Finals. Therefore, you all thought he sucked. He ran the right schemes, he called brilliant plays out of timeouts, he attacked other teams weaknesses, he let the team breathe and switch to what they were comfortable with, he praised the hell out of his players, even when they were down (unlike Byron who keeps kicking them like they're dogs) Other than that, and bein a goofy bastard, there wasn't anything else you all had on him. Cept make believe stuff. The whole "he don't do the defense" argument, when he was middle of the pack with the Suns all those years, yet there was folks praisin the good Lord when Byron came, and he's dead last every ******* year in defense, but hey, we'll keep that on the DL for our needs. :lol:

Did we have 2 MDAs coach us in our history?

Because I have no recollection of the one who praised his players.

That seems awesome. When was he? :smile:

so if the Lakers finish in the bottom 5 your pick is safe? or does the lotto have to place the Lakers in the top 5 and then the pick is safe?

Last edited:
so if the Lakers finish in the bottom 5 your pick is safe? or does the lotto have to place the Lakers in the top 5 and then the pick is safe?
Nah I remember it's like 70 percent or something if we stay at 4 to keep it, I wonder what the odds are to jump to 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom