2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how you guys would want Wayne back, but hate on Nick. 

Wayne legit chucked up every shot possible this year. The ball stuck so much in his hands. Same with Wes. Same with Jeremy. 

I for sure don't want Ellington back, but he'll be cheap so no biggie if he does come back. 

I think both of them are solid bench pieces.

I hope we can bring both of them back with a real ******* roster and coach.

Wayne legit chucked up every shot possible this year. The ball stuck so much in his hands. Same with Wes. Same with Jeremy. 

I for sure don't want Ellington back, but he'll be cheap so no biggie if he does come back. 

All in all, I haven't had many issues with what the Lakers have done post Howard. Once Dwight left it was clearly going to be rough for a few years. Ended up getting a high pick last year and personally I think the player they got is going to be one of the top players in the class. They didn't sacrifice the cap (although if Melo had agreed to their deal this would be different). And hopefully this year they get that top 5 pick. People whine a lot, but overall the past two years have been part of a solid rebuild assuming we get that pick this year. 

The only issue I've had with the organization is their hiring of Scott and it looks like they are sticking with him. That's a huge issue. He's really stupid and it has nothing to do with how bad the roster is. 

:lol: at expecting a soon to be 30 old to change his ways.

Edit:

how old was LO when he won 6moy? :nerd:

seriously :lol:. wayne was a bum all year up until the last month or so, also helped beat the sixers and wolves which nick would've been murdered for in this thread if it was his doing. at least nick put up solid scoring in a contract year

laugh.gif
at expecting a soon to be 30 old to change his ways.

Edit:
how old was LO when he won 6moy?
nerd.gif

seriously
laugh.gif
. wayne was a bum all year up until the last month or so, also helped beat the sixers and wolves which nick would've been murdered for in this thread if it was his doing. at least nick put up solid scoring in a contract year
Watched some of Nick's exit interview and I found it hilarious one of the things Scott talked to him about was catch and shoot and not needing to dribble so much. 

Dude's entire offense is one big iso for a mid range jumper. 

I'm not the pessimistic type nor the type to complain excessively, but I'm positive as long as Scott is the coach, the Lakers go no where. It's surprising they don't see this (or do they, doubt it). We got Jerry West's son with a big role. I'm sure he sees the GSW system (Jerry advises the team) and can see how different it is from what Scott runs/preaches. Of course roster matters, but it's clear Scott doesn't compare to the top teams' coaches. 

Scott was successful when he literally let his assistants/star player do the work. He's known as a guy who golfed and let his assistants do the X's and O's. Few players also have called out his lack of playcalling aptitude such as David West and Kyrie recently playfully said he doesn't remember any of Scott's system just the plays where he got to iso. 

Let's not even talk about his not fouling in that Memphis game, fouling up by 4 because of his forgetfulness to foul up 3 for a few games, playing Kobe a ridiculous amount of minutes when it was clear he shouldn't have, and even putting him in when he was playing with his left hand......................

Nick Young can be a good asset coming off the bench as well as Wayne Elllington.

With hopefully a healthy Kobe back, and a developing JC and Randle and a Lottery Pick, Young can go back to being that spark off the bench.

He was never meant to be the leading scorer of a team, he won't do well in that position, but first or second guy off the bench, he can excel in that.

I like to think positive, this **** of a season is almost over, we have the chance to get a top pick in this surprisingly top heavy class, the last thing I want to think about is Young and how he is going to ruin a team. Worst comes to worst you put him at the end of the bench and let him rot.

Go Lakers!

Don't mistake me saying "Interesting" for me wanting him back. I'm merely surprised he told Mitch and Byron that. I wanted him traded the entire year up until the deadline. Any vet must go. :lol:

In terms of him vs Nick, I would take Ellington 100 times out of 4. Without a second hesitation.

He costs a million bucks. Nick getting 20 from us over 4 years. **** all of that.
He's younger by a few years, not a huge difference, but younger AND cheaper, adding up.
He shoots a higher percentage from 3. This was his WORST year, at 37%. He usually hits around 39 for his career, at least the first few years.

Younger, cheaper, shoots better. Sorry, but that's all I need. For him to play 18 minutes a night and we get 30 outta Kobe, sign me up.

As for he was a chuck, this year......I mean...... :lol: Nick Young been a chuck by FAR worse, his whole worthless life. So I don't sweat Wayne gettin a lil greedy this year when we suck anyways. Nick been greedy the moment he picked up a ball. He "thinks" he's Michael Jordan, he's more like a lesser Harold Miner.

Better roster, smarter coach, and Wayne is set up for catch and shoots and likely gets his % up to 39-40 percent and doesn't do all that other stuff he did this year. At a cheaper price, with less age on his body.

Like I said, I don't care if he comes back at all, but if he does, at a mil per, I'm fine. If we give him 20 mil, then Mitch needs to die. Pretty straight forward.

:lol: at expecting a soon to be 30 old to change his ways.

Edit:

how old was LO when he won 6moy? :nerd:

seriously :lol:. wayne was a bum all year up until the last month or so, also helped beat the sixers and wolves which nick would've been murdered for in this thread if it was his doing. at least nick put up solid scoring in a contract year
Putting aside the fact that LO was 10 times the player Swaggy will ever be, LO was more mature than Swaggy. But that's judging from afar.

Anyways, today's exit interviews. I think Price had one too, but who cares about him:

Last edited:

All in all, I haven't had many issues with what the Lakers have done post Howard. Once Dwight left it was clearly going to be rough for a few years. Ended up getting a high pick last year and personally I think the player they got is going to be one of the top players in the class. They didn't sacrifice the cap (although if Melo had agreed to their deal this would be different). And hopefully this year they get that top 5 pick. People whine a lot, but overall the past two years have been part of a solid rebuild assuming we get that pick this year. 

The only issue I've had with the organization is their hiring of Scott and it looks like they are sticking with him. That's a huge issue. He's really stupid and it has nothing to do with how bad the roster is. 

Kobe's deal? Young's deal? Not getting ANYTHING for Pau Gasol, when Danny Ainge managed to get MULTIPLE unprotected picks for the corpses of KG and Paul Pierce, but we got zip for Pau's corpse? Offering the max to Melo (which you noted) Hiring of Byron (you got), signing of Boozer, and then you can debate yay or nay on them truly bottoming out properly to max out the picks. 6 spot, and 4 spot, when we were so close to being inside the top 2 each year, I don't take that as "good enough". But I know some are ok with it.

We all HOPE Randle is goona make it, we all love Clarkson, Black and Davis look useful (if they both stick) and getting the pick with Lin worked out alright.

Still, I'm lookin at a terrible Brooklyn team. With aging vets. And no picks. And they will hand Boston UNPROTECTED picks for like 3 years in a row. We got absolutely not one single thing for Pau. And to top that off, they actually offered Pau more than the Bulls did. Had he accepted that, we don't have this top 5 pick. :lol:

Iono, that don't add up to "happy with this rebuild so far" to me. *shrugs*

Also, Lamar was moved to the bench three years before winning that award. And even though he didn't like it, it was a pretty smooth transition from what I remember.

He was put in some different spots as the Lakers got better and grew as a player, but I wouldn't say he ever changed his ways. At least not in the drastic way I'd want from Nick Young.

Last edited:
According to espn 710 lakers are looking into trading nick young this offseason for a late second :nerd:

Makes absolutely no sense.

Trade away one of the only players on our team that can actually play :lol:

Especially when the $5 or 6 million he's making would barely put a dent in the cap the next couple seasons.

I'm borderline convinced the idiots in the front office are reading this thread

Last edited:
If they we're reading this thread they'd never have resigned that bum in the first place.

If they we're reading this thread they'd never have resigned that bum in the first place.

No they would have signed him like they did.. For the most part.. On here, and by writers of the Lakers on twitter, most were happy about him re-signing and thought it was a good price.

There was some discussion about too many years with the 4th year PO, but most people were happy about the AAV

Last edited:
No they would have signed him like they did.. For the most part.. On here, and by writers of the Lakers on twitter, most were happy about him re-signing and thought it was a good price.

There was some discussion about too many years with the 4th year PO, but most people were happy about the AAV

Who was happy in this thread about the signing?

I don't recall anyone really being "happy" with Swaggy's deal. :lol:

There was more confusion and anger than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom