2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
GG

Got the benefit of a few favorable calls down the stretch along with Kobe getting a little winded. Will be interesting to see if this is the kind of Kobe that we see going forward.

My feelings exactly

Been rooting for this team with every bone in my body for close to 2 decades, that's a hard habit to break :smh: :lol:

If we stink then we stink but I'm damn sure gonna be pissed about it, that's all I know how to do is root for my squad.

My neighbors probly think I'm a maniac :lol: , I was going wild watching that game :smh:

Stick with them. NEVER stop rooting for your squad, NO MATTER the circumstances. I was basically born a Laker fan...started watching Showtime, when I was about 5. Stuck with my boys even when Ced Ceballos was our best player, and Anthony Peeler was our top prospect. Lean times, but we came back, STRONG! Jeanie Buss won't let us down. (Jim maaaaaybe...LOL)

cot dammit. so close. predicted a win too. welp on to the next one.
Don't worry Peyton should help you feel better Sunday.
yaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssss 
nthat.gif

GG

Got the benefit of a few favorable calls down the stretch along with Kobe getting a little winded. Will be interesting to see if this is the kind of Kobe that we see going forward.
I try not being biased and as a Laker fan this may mean nothing, but the Clips benefited greatly from some calls in the fourth. But hey, Crawford has made a living off of it, so it must be tough for the refs to discern a foul from a non foul with him. The Deandre play also sucked.

HCrawford made some ridiculous shots. Always feels like he kills it against the Lakers. 

Kobe was off in the fourth, but there was only one shot I wish he had not taken. The stand still three over Paul (looked like he didn't know he had 5 seconds). He usually makes those shots he took in the fourth and you could tell his legs were dead. This is the most minutes he's played since April 2013. On top of that coming off a back to back with just one day rest, it makes sense he was tired. It'll take some time for him to get back in rhythm. 

Still, Kobe make those shots 
laugh.gif

Oh and he didn't look like wizards Jordan out there, shoeking 
wink.gif

this thread might become and extension of the college basketball thread lmao smh

close game today but this is about to be a long season

That dunk got me out of my seat. I'm 6'8 and can't move like that anymore. He is still in the NBA making moves like that and making it look easy....people just don't know the greatness they are watching...

Maaaaan, I knew that down the stretch, little brother would get that W... but when Kobe drew the double and kicked it out to Ellington in perfect stride and Wayne just knocked it down, I second-guessed myself. Thought maybe we pull it off.

When Lin called Kobe off for a 1-on-1 threeball, I second-guessed myself. Thought maybe we pull it off.

Hill jumper after Hill jumper, I second-guessed myself. Thought maybe we pull it off.

Ed going bully a couple times, I second-guessed myself. Thought maybe we pull it off.

But Jamal effing Crawford and Blake effing Griffin... 
tired.gif

Still, liked what I saw from Kobe, Wayne, Lin, Ed, and Hill.

"What about Boozer, Ska?"

indifferent.gif

Oh, I know I've asked this before, but is there any sort of visual confirmation that Kobe really, REALLY was injured? Is there a picture that shows his knee being operated on, and you can see in the pic that it's clearly his face on the table?

Because... iono, man. 
laugh.gif

I liked what I saw outta price, too...not gonna leave that out...

What always tripped me out about that kobe knee thing...he played almost an entire quarter. Hit a 27 foot triple. And then gets shut down? I never bought it. I truly believe he was just shut down for the yr after they fell out of it.

Last edited:
David Lee is out tonight.

That might increase the Warriors' chances of winning even more.

Oh and he didn't look like wizards Jordan out there, shoeking :wink:

He didn't. He looked incredibly impressive. Much better than I anticipated. Not only in that game, but through the first two games as well. Doesn't even look like he's lost a step honestly.

Maaaaan, I knew that down the stretch, little brother would get that W... but when Kobe drew the double and kicked it out to Ellington in perfect stride and Wayne just knocked it down, I second-guessed myself. Thought maybe we pull it off.

When Lin called Kobe off for a 1-on-1 threeball, I second-guessed myself. Thought maybe we pull it off.

Hill jumper after Hill jumper, I second-guessed myself. Thought maybe we pull it off.

Ed going bully a couple times, I second-guessed myself. Thought maybe we pull it off.

But Jamal effing Crawford and Blake effing Griffin... |I

Still, liked what I saw from Kobe, Wayne, Lin, Ed, and Hill.

"What about Boozer, Ska?"

:stoneface:

Egg ******* zactly

I've never agreed with any of your posts more than this one

Only thing missing is the **** job the refs pulled on us, those flippers got every call down the stretch it was amazing :smh:

For those who want us to get a top 5 pick, obliviously you guys want to see us lose. Which in your opinion will be better for us couple years from now. My question is, whats to say that top 5 pick will be a star? Let alone a decent starter? It's not guaranteed, just like its not guaranteed for a star free agent to sign with us. We wait 2 years from now, Kobe will be gone, we don't know what going to happen with our picks. Their not guaranteed to be stars, what if they are role players like wesly johnson? or are injury prone?, what then? No free agent who is in his prime would want to play for us. And why would he? He wants to win now and we can't offer that. We're the Lakers, we win rings we don't win the lottery. Guys like Magic and Kobe come once every 20 years. We got ****** up stern, nash didn't work out, and howard dosn't have a penis. We give kobe 48 million, we tried to get Melo and we struck out. I know the stakes aren't as high as they use to be but I still want to see our team win a game and not lose by 30. Reality is they will lose and keep losing. I swear this years team is like your ex, where you want to see her get better and stop being a *** but you know she's hopeless.

Ruh roh it begins

Tank vs anti tank argument in 3..... 2......

No argument at all, he is asking us honest questions. No need for a battle at all.

Menacin, while you're here, did I remember to close my door this morning? :nerd: :lol: Just kidding man.

As for your questions, I view it like this. We aren't winning the title this year, we all know that. So, if we aren't winning, we need to do "something" to help the team for next, and beyond.

If we give up this year's pick (to the Suns) we also give up our 2017 first round pick, to the Magic.
If we KEEP this year's pick, we also keep that 2017 pick.

So it becomes pretty important to try and keep both picks, not just the one.

As for if they fail or bust, fair question. They certainly could do so. But, as we have seen, Mitch is a fairly good talent evaluator. IF our scouts, and Mitch do their jobs, they shouldn't ever pick the bum. Bynum wasn't. Farmar was decent. He saw the talent in Ariza, and Shannon Brown. Hell, even a 2nd round guy like Luke Walton played for a decade in the NBA. That's more than most Top 5 picks. He also pulled Marc Gasol. He's found talent. And done so at the bottom of drafts, or in round 2. Ryan Kelly, Jordan Clarkson? :nerd:

In theory, give him a TOP pick, he should be able to spot the ones that can actually play, and those that will bust, right? To say, well, Farmar wasn't all that great, well, if he didn't have to pick near the bottom of the first round, he could take a better piece, Farmar is just what he was left with out of all the other players. And Farmar is still playing. He got Farmar with the 26th pick in the draft, at least 12-15 of the guys picked before him aren't even playing in the L anymore or were never good to begin with.

I'd say it's fair that Mitch could pull a talented guy from a top 5 position, if he can do it at 26 or the 2nd round.

If they bust, they bust. But cheaply. Couple mil. No harm, no foul. But it's better to have bullets, then not. If I gave you a gun with 2 bullets, and you try to shoot me from 100 yards away, I've got a fair chance you'll miss with only those 2 bullets. If I give you 10 bullets, you have a better chance at putting me down.

Draft picks are more bullets for us to get back into good shape before our cap space truly opens wide in 2016. Get 1-2-3-4-5 good young players before then = more bullets to attract free agents with.

Chris Paul doesn't play for the Clippers if they didn't already have Blake and DeAndre there.
Iggy doesn't go to GS without Steph, Klay, or Barnes there.
Shaq doesn't win with us without the draft picks that Jerry West brought in with him, Kobe and Fisher.
Bron goes "home" which just so happens to have Kyrie and Wiggins, and they use Wiggins to get Love.

We aren't winning the title, so let's try to get some of our bullets back and increase our chances at sniping a top FA in 2016 and beyond.

And none of us want to lose by 30. In a perfect world, we lose every game 100-99, with Randle, Clarkson, Kelly, Henry, Sacre playin great ball, learning on the job. But that's gone now with Randle down. No matter, the other young guys can still learn and grow, and show they can play in this league and help us win someday. Just like Bynum, and Farmar, and Sasha when they sucked in 2006-07, but helped us win the titles in 2009-10. :wink:

Good stuff CP.

I think we have some good pieces on this team

Lin and Price as backup and 3rd PG
Kobe as starting SG. We'll see if Clarkson can be a solid backup. Needs a better 3 ball. Ellington as I guess the utility man.
Swaggy as our fireman / 6th man
Randle and Kelly as our Starting and backup PF
Davis and Sacre as backup and 3rd center.

Obviously we are missing the things that would make us playoff and title contenders. We have the nuts, just don't have the bolts.

someone who could take over the offense with Kobe and a big man presence on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
I think we have some good pieces on this team

Lin and Price as backup and 3rd PG
Kobe as starting SG. We'll see if Clarkson can be a solid backup. Needs a better 3 ball. Ellington as I guess the utility man.
Swaggy as our fireman / 6th man
Randle and Kelly as our Starting and backup PF
Davis and Sacre as backup and 3rd center.

Obviously we are missing the things that would make us playoff and title contenders. We have the nuts, just don't have the bolts.

someone who could take over the offense with Kobe and a big man presence on both sides of the ball.
Those aren't even a full set of nuts IMO. Where's the defense coming from in any of those names... to even reach the playoffs they're going to need a restructure in terms of getting guys who can strap down.

Davis is a nice piece, Randle has a future, outside of that... Young is a nice 6th man but it's going to take quite an effort from the front office to get the team back to even average.

Until they address the defense you're going to continue to see mediocrity, won't happen until Bryant retires and they can invest in a full rebuild. Most of the names up there aren't getting you far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom