• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of the things he mentioned have been said in the season thread? Damn near every word. :lol:

Q& A with Larry C oon

Question: How do the Lakers get back on track? If you were Mitch, what would be your plan of attack to regain relevancy and title aspirations?

Larry C oon

I think Kobe’s extension sets their clock back one year (which they don’t really mind, since unless LeBron James drops into their laps there aren’t any free agents that really make them contenders right away). So here’s what I think their plan is:

This summer:

* Draft best talent available

* Sign solid supporting player as a FA. Candidates include Deng, Stephenson, Lowry. Probably not restricted free agents like Bledsoe & Hayward, because they will be overpriced. Idea is not to hurt their spending power next summer.

* Re-sign some of the younger players from this season, like Bazemore, Henry, Kelly, Marshall.

* Maybe keep some of the veterans, if the price is right: Meeks (especially), Gasol (if he takes a discount), Farmar. Nick Young probably opts out & leaves. I don’t think Hill comes back either.

* Don’t waive & stretch Steve Nash.

2014-15 then becomes another transition year. The idea is not to hurt their 2015 spending power.

Next summer:

* Sign a premier free agent, with Kevin Love being the obvious target.

Summer 2016:

* Kobe’s contract expires, he comes off the books, and the team then has room to chase another premier free agent.

The rebuild should then be complete (or near to it) for the 2016-17 season.

Read more at http://www.basketballinsiders.com/chat/nba-chat-with-larry-****-41114/#iYLZrUoUPJzZtGuQ.99
:D

He didn't mention anything about not landing a(nother) top five pick either. :nerd:

Next season is going to be brutal.  On one hand, if the Lakers are one of the top 5 worst teams in the the NBA they wont have to give Phoenix their pick, but on the other hand it is going to be real difficult watching another season like this.

I decided to look at Kevin Love compared to ALL Power Forward.

1st PPG (26.1 PPG)
22nd FG% (.458 FG%) To qualify you had to be on pace to make 300 shots a season. 19. Z-Bo 20. Millsap 21. Aldridge 23. Boozer
7th 3P% (.376 3P%) To qualify have to be on pace to hit 82 3 pointers in a season.
4th FT% (.821 FT%) To qualify have to be on pace to hit 125 Free Throws in a Season.
5th OFF Reb (2.9 RPG)
1st DEF Reb (9.6 RPG)
1st RPG (12.5 RPG)
1st APG (4.4 APG)
65 Double-Doubles Led the league
3 Triple - Doubles T-4 in the league

If you consider True Shot % he's 9th among PFs
If you look at PER he's 3rd in the league
Value Added, which is how many points a player adds to his team above an average replacement, he ranks 3rd in the league.
Estimated Wins Added, how many wins he adds to his teams total compared to a replacement player. He ranks 3rd in the league.

Best Power Forward in the league. Even if you disagree, he isn't worse than 2nd. The 2nd best player at any position is most certainly worth a max deal.

Last edited:
So it is actually Jeanie Buss and Mitch that are ruining the team. I have no doubt that it was her with the lame billboards last year. Sounds like an emotional move she would make.
She has a degree in business from USC. Probably the same type of education athletes receive. :smh:

I have always suspected Mitch. I have been blaming Phil for keeping Luke but it was probably Mitch's move as well.

So Jim as the least of those evils. :smh:

So it is actually Jeanie Buss and Mitch that are ruining the team. I have no doubt that it was her with the lame billboards last year. Sounds like an emotional move she would make.
She has a degree in business from USC. Probably the same type of education athletes receive. :smh:

I have always suspected Mitch. I have been blaming Phil for keeping Luke but it was probably Mitch's move as well.

I believe we've isolated the problem.

Not sure if her business degree is being called to question because she's a woman, or because it's from USC. But either way,

Shots fired!

:lol:

Completely agree. If only she'd gone to a real school like UCLA :smh:

She has a degree in business from USC. Probably the same type of education athletes receive.
mean.gif

So Jim as the least of those evils.
mean.gif
Completely agree. If only she'd gone to a real school like UCLA
mean.gif
alonzo.gif

Lol first it's:
Blame Jim!
Then its:
Blame Mitch!
Then...Blame Mike D!

Now it's:
Fire Jeanie!! :lol:

Oh brother. What's is it gonna be next, gonna dig up Dr. Jerry Buss up from the grave and blame him too lol
The need for someone to blame :smh:

Jeanie is in charge of business operations, jim is basketball operations. The two dont mix. Shes in change of tv deals and why the dancers have carls jr uniforms. Jim does the coaching choices signings and whatnot. She may have had input into the billboard situation, or their marketing dpmt and then she greenlit it

Anyone hear Joel Myers call the Rockets/Blazers game today?

The real question, who was in charge of the decision to hire our current trash over him :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom