• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way.

Not that ONE, SINGLE, ISOLATED shot.

But... with his momentum going backwards, as evidenced even by that picture... did he make it? :wink:

LMA was straight up and down; Bynum's not.

Still, though, if Bynum would have drilled that, I would call it a SURPRISE, I'd call it SHOCKING, but not LUCK.
straight up? sure. straight down? nope

still hell of a shot tho. i just hope he doesn't fall in love with it but he might as well start taking them instead of those josh smith 2 pointers

LMA will be 32-33 by the time the Lakers start competing for anything worthwhile.

Love is special not just because he's a star, but because he's a star who signed a short extension and is gonna hit the market in his prime.

Unfortunately most other stars are like LMA... they're gonna be towards the end of their primes by the time the Lakers get a crack at them.

Last edited:
LMA
21 9-5 PER 17
22 18-7.2-1.5 PER 18.5
23 18-7.5-2 PER 19
24 18-8-2 PER 18
25 22-9-2 PER 21.5
26 22-8-2.5 PER 22.7
27 21-9-2.5 PER 20.4
28 23-11-2.5 PER 21.8

24 3’s for his career, 20%

Love
20 11-9-1 PER 18
21 14-11-2.5 PER 20.7
22 20-15-2.5 PER 24.3
23 26-13-2 PER 25.4
24 18-14-2.3 PER 17.9
25 26-12.5-4.5 PER 26.9

440 3’s, 36% including
41% his best year
37% this year

This year, they were a wash defensively. (which hurts LMA, given Love is considered a "poor" defender, yet LMA can't put distance between them)

LMA had an estimated win share of 7.5
Love was at 14.3 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMA has a higher usage rating (meaning he uses more possessions) yet had lesser numbers than the guy who used fewer possessions.

And Love is 3 years younger. So I mean.......

If they both want 90 mil, Love is the guy.

If Love wants 90, and LMA wants 70, then I think about it differently.

But still, the goal is to build this place back up, LONG TERM, LMA does not do that. He gives us 3 years, maybe 4 before he wears down. Love gives us 7+, health willing.

Oh, and one more thing. I live here in Portland. 8 months ago, the entire city wanted him traded because he'd never done a damn thing for them in 8 years. Now of course, everyone loves him. But he was "soft, a jumpshooting big, can't lead a team", and all the rest of the labels for guys who don't step up.

Unless he goes 2011 Dirk the next two months, there is zero reason to put him above Love in terms of our wish list. If Love rejects us, then yes, try to pull LMA, but you don't just take him before you reach out to Love.

Last edited:
Don't no if any of you guys watch First Take,
But did y'all see ol boy on First Take this morning taking shots at Chris Broussard :lol:

"Uh oh we got Chris Broussard in the house! With your sources" :lol:

Oh, and one more thing. I live here in Portland. 8 months ago, the entire city wanted him traded because he'd never done a damn thing for them in 8 years. Now of course, everyone loves him. But he was "soft, a jumpshooting big, can't lead a team", and all the rest of the labels for guys who don't step up.
yeah i don't think even LMA knew the blazers were going to contend in the west. he was rumored to go to chicago but i think there were also rumors between him and the lolakers

Last edited:
See? No laughing or dismissing. Kinder, gentler (Monday) CP.
wink.gif
Gotta be. Only reasonable explanation.

Don't no if any of you guys watch First Take,
But did y'all see ol boy on First Take this morning taking shots at Chris Broussard
laugh.gif

"Uh oh we got Chris Broussard in the house! With your sources"
laugh.gif
Oh man, I would LOVE to see that! Just to see him get aired out on nat'l tv like that. 
laugh.gif

yeah i don't think even LMA knew the blazers were going to contend in the west. he was rumored to go to chicago but i think there were also rumors between him and the lolakers

They would never, ever, ever trade him to us, but if he were to sign with us, lemme tell ya, he would become the most hated player in sports in one state, even moreso than LeBron. Miami don't mean nothin to Cleveland, but to leave the Blazers, to play for the Lakers? :lol: This place would ******* mushroom cloud like no tomorrow.

It would be so glorious. I almost want it to happen, just for that reason.

"Some people just want to watch the state burn" :pimp:

No way.

Not that ONE, SINGLE, ISOLATED shot.

But... with his momentum going backwards, as evidenced even by that picture... did he make it? 
wink.gif

LMA was straight up and down; Bynum's not.

Still, though, if Bynum would have drilled that, I would call it a SURPRISE, I'd call it SHOCKING, but not LUCK.
straight up? sure. straight down? nope

still hell of a shot tho. i just hope he doesn't fall in love with it but he might as well start taking them instead of those josh smith 2 pointers
Josh Smith 2-pointer 
laugh.gif

What if we get neither :frown:

Then we try to pull Marc Gasol and Rondo (which would be 3-4 year patch fixes)

And the ultimate prize will still be 2016's Kevin Durant. Durant is the guy above all we want, the thinking is having Love here will make it easier to get Durant to come in. (sort of the Wade to LeBron move, with the rook playing the Bosh #3 role)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom