• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh right 
laugh.gif

i need more sleep 
mean.gif

Finals MVP? This was going into Game 7...

2013 NBA Finals MVP Odds:

LeBron James -250
Tim Duncan +450
Tony Parker +500
Danny Green +550
Dwyane Wade +2500
Chris Bosh +20000
Field (Any Other Player) +5000

And Duncan had a much better game 7 so, yea, safe to say it was a sure thing.

That Duncan game 6? He had 30, with 0 coming in the 4th quarter, and Parker hit back to back shots to give the Spurs the lead.

Duncan was on the bench late in the game as Pop went small ball. (which was working as Parker took the lead on a 3 and a layup)

Ironically, Tony shot poorly in that game (shades of Kobe) but hit the two shots back to back that could have given them the title. Combined with the game 1 shot, he would have essentially closed 2 of the 4 wins. With Dunc on the bench. :nerd:

Oh well, just glad they lost. :lol: :pimp:

this parker stuff supports my argument of scoring wings/pgs will always be better than pass first pgs

when parker won the mvp a few years back, and if he won last year it would be because of his scoring and how the other team cant stop him

much like why kobe/lebron/mj win mvps, not because hes a pure pg racking up 10 assists per game

Eh, the Spurs losing probably killed any remote chance of us getting Bron this summer and Duncan probably walks away as well. Would have been more beneficial to have Miami implode again, LBJ choking, and putting doubt into their viability long term, but I'm sleep.

this parker stuff supports my argument of scoring wings/pgs will always be better than pass first pgs

when parker won the mvp a few years back, and if he won last year it would be because of his scoring and how the other team cant stop him

much like why kobe/lebron/mj win mvps, not because hes a pure pg racking up 10 assists per game

It works both ways.

My argument with Nash was always, fine, set the others up, but come final 4 minutes, finish the game with YOUR shooting. Nash wouldn't do that.

CP3, does. He will pass for 44 minutes, and then the final 4, he will finish teams off. Which is how it should be done, IF you have that ability to do it.

It works both ways.

My argument with Nash was always, fine, set the others up, but come final 4 minutes, finish the game with YOUR shooting. Nash wouldn't do that.

CP3, does. He will pass for 44 minutes, and then the final 4, he will finish teams off. Which is how it should be done, IF you have that ability to do it.
thats the thing, the passing for 44 minutes thing is pointless. any good offense will already create open looks for players without a good point guard. 

i trust a 6'5 player to finish off games way more than a 6'0 player, its way easier to shut down a shorter player than a taller player.

if melo was half good at defense i would easily take him over chris paul on my team

tbh i was never a fan of the assist and the nba seems too generous at times. i remember i got edged out on fantasy bball one time because someone made a last second assist. forgot the details of the players/teams but it was a pass to the post. the post guy made a move, scored, and the post passer was rewarded. dat generousity :stoneface:

watching last nights game there was a play where chris paul threw the ball 12 feet above the rim and deandre dunked it

commentators were talking about how amazing of a pass it was as if he couldnt throw the ball anywhere close to the rim and have deandre finish the play

CP3 is a much more willing scorer throughout the game than Nash is, he'll get buckets. Nash literally will pass up shots for no reason to get assists. Much more of a combo guard than Nash, whose taken 14 shots a game twice in his career. CP3 has done it 5 times in 9 seasons averaging 20+ ppg in 3 seasons, something Nash hasn't done once. CP3 is a combo guard with exceptional passing ability, not in the John Stockton/Mark Jackson/Steve Nash/Rondo mold. He's the best of both.

CP3 is a much more willing scorer throughout the game than Nash is, he'll get buckets. Nash literally will pass up shots for no reason to get assists. Much more of a combo guard than Nash, whose taken 14 shots a game twice in his career. CP3 has done it 5 times in 9 seasons averaging 20+ ppg in 3 seasons, something Nash hasn't done once. CP3 is a combo guard with exceptional passing ability, not in the John Stockton/Mark Jackson/Steve Nash/Rondo mold. He's the best of both.
no way nash has only taken 14 or more shots twice in his career 
eek.gif

kobe takes that many shots a half 

jr smith has taken almost double that in 3s

no way nash has only taken 14 or more shots twice in his career :wow:

I rounded up his career high in attempts is 13.6 in 2002-2003 and his MVP seasons he took 13.4 and 12.8 so technically he's never taken more than 14 shots a game for an entire season. With a shooter of his prowess, that's inexcusable.

no way nash has only taken 14 or more shots twice in his career 
eek.gif

jsut looked it up, his highest per season is actually 13.6

which is pretty bad considering he's the best shooter ever

no way nash has only taken 14 or more shots twice in his career :wow:

I rounded up his career high in attempts is 13.6 in 2002-2003 and his MVP seasons he took 13.4 and 12.8 so technically he's never taken more than 14 shots a game for an entire season. With a shooter of his prowess, that's inexcusable.

Been sayin.

I will never, ever, understand him passing to Channing Frye or Jared Dudley late in games, when he tryin to get to the Finals. :lol:

it can be seen as a flaw of the dantoni offense

its so reliant on the point guard to create offense for everyone that the pg doesnt have the time to score himself

if kendall marshall is your pg then whatever, but if its best shooter ever steve nash then thats a waste of talent

of course nash also should get blamed for refusing to shoot

as a smart basketball player you should know that shooting the ball yourself is going to be more effective than passing to that bum raja bell

one of the biggest problems i have with advanced stats is that it over values assists and undervalues high volume shooters

i dont care if its a better basketball play, down 2 or 3 a guy like kobe or lebron should never pass up a shot

unless of course d fish is open

Career FGA of some of the elite "PGs" combo guards in today's game:

CP3- 14
Russ- 16
Rose- 17
Curry- 16
Parker- 14

Traditional PGs

Nash- 11
Rondo- 9
Stockton- 10
Mark Jackson-8
Kidd- 11

Even historically you have had to do both to affect the game at that position and win:

Magic - 14
Isiah - 16

There's a clear distinction. I don't really think it benefits you to have a pass first PG anymore. Have to be able to do both.

Last edited:
That ain't on Mike, no way.

Nash knows when to shoot, he knows he can shoot from any angle, any spot.

He just "wants" to pass or something. How many times he would hit that around the pick, run up to the three point line, falling to the side, all net? When he wants to get a shot off, he could, any time, anywhere.

He just, for some reason, would not do it late in games. And I called him out for it on here for years.

That ain't on Mike, no way.

Nash knows when to shoot, he knows he can shoot from any angle, any spot.

He just "wants" to pass or something. How many times he would hit that around the pick, run up to the three point line, falling to the side, all net? When he wants to get a shot off, he could, any time, anywhere.

He just, for some reason, would not do it late in games. And I called him out for it on here for years.
its not mikes fault that nash hates scoring

but the offense he ran with nash was very reliant on nash's passing to get everyone open looks

nash was tasked to create plays for everyone on the team which took away from his scoring

if you look at the triangle or spurs offense, kobe and tp can score and sometimes create for teammates while most of the open shot creation comes from ball movement and the 4 other guys

notice how kobe only scores around 20 ppg when he goes into "magic mamba" mode, when you dedicate your game to getting your teammates open shots its hard to also make the most of your scoring abilities

Sarver may get hell for being cheap, but he's effectively swindled us twice and has a nice core of young talent to build. :smh:

Also to **** on "I'm here for the money" Nash, is why it irks me so much that he was seen as the quintessential guy during those Suns years and everyone was raving about him "making his teammates better" fool should have made them better by actually taking some shots. Bum dude stole Bean's MVP and Shaq's too for that matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom